UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

So how old is the MC at the end of season 1? And how long are they in the SRT by the end?

I’m sorry for the off-topic, by Liara us just so :heart_eyes:.
It was such a shame we never had a scene like this in ME:

8 Likes

Was Talking to a friend recently and I had the idea of the possibility in season two of the player losing a limb and the player has to get an artificial limb that offers lesser movement or if shade they can literally replace that limb with a shade construct which offers no movement restrictions but it lowers your shade ability due to the fact you need to concentrate on keeping the construct going.

I thought it’d be interesting but I honestly doubt it could be done fairly. Just thought id share the thought see what people think.

6 Likes

I think @WayWalkerLeigh used a similar instance, where the MC can suffer a major injury and incur long-term effects, quite well in the Way Walkers games (which I love).

It sounds like it might be a good way to write long-term consequences of major stat failures in battle without the standard game effect of ‘oops you died’ or ‘let’s rest for a week’ sort of mechanics.

As to fairness, maybe it would be a good opportunity to imagine some instances where a player who has lost a limb would actually have an advantage over someone who has not, for one reason or another. Maybe for a shade player, their shade ability could slowly but consistently increase, since they’re using it constantly? And so forth.

I do think it would take either personal experience or a solid amount of research (or both) to handle it accurately, respectfully, and generally with excellence. Nothing wrong with research though. :D

1 Like

I’ll give it some more thought once I’ve caught up on the season one edits. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did have that-- four flaws, an anxiety/dizziness disorder, memory issues, a stutter, and a severe leg injury resulting in a limp. Getting whatever flaw was random and allows for some interesting interactions/choices. I’m still developing stuff in WWU3 for them, and each do have additional drawbacks/ “helps”. For one example, if a character with a low Dex (Rhean) score is caught where they aren’t supposed to be, the anxiety flaw or the stutter flaw actually elicits a “pity” response from the athorty figure, who tells the MC “oh just move along” and the MC isn’t in trouble. :wink:

5 Likes

But would there be a way to avoid such injury? In Way Walkers you could. I mean depending on how well my character’s life is going depends on how I take something like that, if she has a good life then I’ll take something like that as “well shit, that’s life” but in some situations like Dragon Age Inquisition’s final DLC where I lost my arm I was furious, since I was not pleased about the direction my character’s life had been going in (except marrying Sera).

1 Like

Of course. It would have been avoidable. Either through your own actions or who your partner is in that mission.

1 Like

Save me Denise! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You’re quite safe with Denise you can be with most potential partners. In fact only 1 wouldn’t save you. Victor I’m looking at you!

Edit : I should clarify in the proposed scenario the UnNatural would attack you and flee the partner would have a choice to help you or go after them. Victor would go after the UnNatural EVERY time.

Why didn’t the MC burn the Unnatural with Letvir Vatra?

If you did then you wouldn’t need saving. The situation would be avoidable.

Hmmm…must be my 55th playthrough today, and i feel the season one was pretty well made, instead of putting “experimental” things just focus on story of season 2, i think season 2 should be last of unatural series, because the more we drag the less interesting the entire thing becomes.

And some how i never reached 100% relationship with the 3 females in s1 (ofcourse i can exploit the bug with denise to go beyond 1000% XD)

Bol for s2 , hope it stands out just as s1.

1 Like

In season one you can’t reach 100 yet it’s meant to be something you can achieve in season two.

1 Like

Cant wait for season two of Unnatural

2 Likes

Hope it comes out soon, cant wait for it …

Are you planning on uploading demo? I’m really excited for season 2.

there was basic initial demo in this topic but since dropbox disabled the public folder i’ve not got a working demo.

at the moment I’m working hard on the season one edits. I’d fallen a but behind but I’m currently on episode two while my editor is working on Episode four. I should still be able to have the updated season one done for october then can fully concentrate on season two then

2 Likes

@NocturnalStillness take as long as you need. As amazing as it is it’d be a
shame if you rushed anything along. Loved the first season and am happy to
wait if you need time to do it right.

Keep up good work!! I’ll stay tune for the story.