UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

Who assigned me to be the local coding wizard? I never applied for that position :no_mouth:
(And Iā€™m currently in full-time NaNoWriMo mode, so my brain is not exactly working at its full potential.)

@Nocturnal_Stillness
Do you have any more information on whatā€™s going wrong, asides from ā€˜doesnā€™t seem to be workingā€™? Error codes, erratic jumping from scene to scene? I canā€™t seen any obvious mistakes, (asides from that the full stop after facility should be a question mark) but then again Iā€™m not at all familiar with the input_number function, and setting variables based on other variables.

Edit:
Oh, and as a very not-coding related remark, maybe you should decide on a name for your currency. Just calling it ā€˜moneyā€™ makes certain sentences feel awkward. (like There is ${funds} remainingā€¦ Letā€™s fill in 500 for funds. There is 500 remainingā€¦ 500 what? It just sounds weird.)

Edit 2:
One idea about the possible coding issue. Try using *set funds - cost instead of the current thing. It should, in theory, just subtract the costs from the ā€˜fundsā€™ variable directly instead of in the current roundabout way. (which might just result in an endless loop since youā€™re using the variable to determine itself, but Iā€™m not sure)

You have been granted the title just now. Iā€™m afraid it doesnā€™t give any special royalties or superpowersā€¦ But you get bragging rights if you go to a party.

@Nocturnal_Stillness I preferred it. Not only did it make my character gentleman like (and I got the hidden achievement to back me up) but also shows the negatives about her and that makes her seem human, the way she tries to dodge the question miserably when you visit is adorable too. Oh and stuffed animals. Didnā€™t see that coming.

Basically the calculations donā€™t seem to work although none of them throw up errors in quickest funds donā€™t change. Iā€™ll try funds - cost see if it works.

edit: thats fixed it! Thanks muchly :smile:

Not done much recently not feeling it. On the plus side I HAVE done a bit more writing if only on a side project bit Iā€™m not hating my writing as much which is a start. (fun fact my new profile pic is from my side project :-))

5 Likes

Side project? Details. Feed me yummy details!

2 Likes

Not a CoG will be more visual novel and is in a magic detective genre set in a new world. Working title is When the sun sets. I have a demo of it in choicescript but will be converted soon into new system

3 Likes

When is season 2 going to be out Iā€™m new to CoG and am now completely addicted!!!

You shouldnā€™t really ask authors for release dates itā€™s against forum rules. Donā€™t worry plenty of people make this mistake

5 Likes

I feel that everyone makes that mistake.

3 Likes

Part of life is making mistakes and learning from them; donā€™t worry all is good :D.

2 Likes

We talked about pros and cons about relationships with the romances and after replaying Victorā€™s Iā€™d like to revise his:

Pros: Vampire hunting and being persistant.

Cons: Calling him Vicky. NEVER call him Vicky.

The only thing I didnā€™t enjoy finding in this replay was discovering Scarletā€™s bodyā€¦ twinge of pain.

2 Likes

Holy Crap. Just found out Unnatural has passed 50,000 downloads!

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded it. Now Iā€™m back at my flat and I am finally destressed enough to continue working on season two.

10 Likes

Keep it up, man. And deliver another satysfing entry to CoG games. :wink:

Also, Iā€™ve been meaning to ask this, but, in Season One, I absorbed a crapton of souls. Will we be able to become a soul eating incarnation of death in Season 2? I feel like heavy soul-absorbtion should change your appearance, like a freaking demon. Thatā€™s be cool.

1 Like

The only outside change is to do with the growth of wings. However I could always add an option to let players who collect souls have their wings change form.

1 Like

Jagged wings made of shade from the absorption of souls sounds pretty sweet :smile:

I was thinking jagged wings but not necessarily from shade. But perhaps Iā€™ll let shade users create their own wings

2 Likes

It would be so cool if we could have our own special wings!!

They could look tattered and glow greyer rather than silver. But shade wings would be awesome

You already make a cloak when you earn the grim reaper achievement (canā€™t remember the actual name of it.) So making tatty looking wings should be possible.

2 Likes