UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

The “renegades” decided which souls deserved to come back.

Clearly the Fae aren’t powerful enough, if someone with no training, one wing, just randomly destroys their ritual without knowing what they are doing.

Stealing a soul doesn’t feed an Azure, it gives them power. If superman decided he wanted more power over people what is to stop him from overthrowing the government and installing his own dictatorship?

I can see rehabilitation of a vampire possible. It never says what exactly in the blood helps them live. Or you could give them blood “donors” or blood bags to live off.

Jack isn’t a threat. He already has a bullet in him, he isn’t moving towards you, and he DID just help you take down an unnatural. He clearly cares for his grandmother and said if he plays along she goes free. What possible threat could there be?

The animator with a shop full of zombies yes. Take her guards down that’s fine. They can be caught unawares making it murder. Just because she works for someone doesn’t make her dangerous. She is unarmed, there are no zombies or guards about once you take them down. Shooting her is effectively murder.

Sergi is defending himself. If you take him alive he tells you that he just wanted to be left alone and alpha wouldn’t do that. Then you are pointing a gun at him, threatening his life. Of course he will take you down. Speaking of Sergi, that cheap cop out at the end with lakota really grinds my gears.

What is the reasoning behind killing the old man or the other girl? Because they murdered your family? Is revenge a real justification for murder now?

And how was killing Stephenie not outright murder?

@NoGo yes they either believed xenon didn’t deserve them or like the way your meaning they though the souls had no right. Remeber it is still only a piece of xenon with incomplete memories and knowledge.

Yes but what would be the point. They had enough issues and the fae could see them comming a mile off. The azure would have already have had to be aware of the location before hand and use the shimmer power to be able to catch any fae off gaurd.

The problem with your rehab theory is the amount of blood that would have to be consumed in order to achieve this fo a time.
Even with drain “bodies” of blood peter still showed little sign of being anywhere close to rehabilitated.

No what he did was attack an unnatural in his wolf form because it came out not because of you but because his powers took over. Yeah well last time I checked he was accidentally shot. And jack is well with in reach to do damage if he so wished. Playing nice goes down the toilet when he gets shot from trying to escape , or so the story goes Like I said it mearly comes down to weighing the risks of having a hormonal teenage werewolf stick around or not.

She might as well be holding the gun because she gives away you position if your skill isn’t up high enough. And you get shotgunned by one of her goons, but I guess at least they knew you were there so they can’t be counted for murder. Because you were aware of their presence they had the right to kill you with that logic.

He hardley even allows you to take him alive. Big whoop he wanted to be left alone, but he murdered people. The reason sergi was in that mess in the first place is because he violated a power given to him. Most of the options if not properly executed ends up with the mc dead.
Yeah I get that it really mad my romance with Lakota turn into a lover’s spatt in the later cure mission.

Yes it is. Its one of the few things justified in the game in my belief. They considered your murdered four year old brother collateral damage. Sure the one tries to apologize after realizing who you are and she accepts what she did was wrong . But does saying sorry we murdered your family , really justify the killing in the first place? And I see it as doing a favor by killing the old man on his death bed, it was more than your family got.

Because letting her live would be a bigger misdeed. She is the reason for the death of dozens of your comrades, even the attempted murder of the mc themselves. The way I see it if she could survive the mc killing her, she had a right to live. She put three bullets in our chest and left us for dead. She then tries to kill us after surviving , and in our sleep non the less. If anything killing stephanie is an act of self defense. Hey if she had survived us killing her I would have let her just go to jail.

I should jump in but tbh I’m enjoying the discussion.

But to add a few things fae can tell if someone is an unnatural 90% of the time, a few are harder to tell.

Myself and WolfieGrey have spoken at length during the making and maintenance of the game and he has information not in the game. I really need to go through all the messages as the mention of a proper lore guide is a good idea so I really need to refine the lore as there are inconsistencies which my current excuse is difference of opinion by characters.

Im glad , but yeah a lore guide would be clarifying.
Yeah I remeber hearing that from when Lakota tries to tell what unnatural you are at the bar scene.and he says hes never sensed I believe it was your aura.
I think getting a complete history straigh and the reasons for action would help.

do you think an in-game lore manual or a seperate downloadable lore guide would be better?

I think lore guide that grows as you go further in the game would be good. Like a certain # of lore points unlocks more content on a subject. But after conpleteing the game the azure and fae history should be there permanently so it can be read in the new game

why not simply make an option like if you chose this case about vampires it give +1 Vampire lore, kinda like the first unnatural, i actually like it that way… you can always make a poll :smile:

Actually speaking of lore there is already a basic lore guide in the latest version of Unnatural which adds details as the relevant lore increases.

1 Like

You know that if something was to coexist, both would know about the other. You really think no Fae needed their souls recovered?

perhaps peter is to far gone or enjoys murder. Either way, if blood increases humanity it is theoretically possible.

You sure jack just didn’t do it because the wolf was a threat? If he was this uncontrollable beast (which he clearly isn’t since he doesn’t attack the srt that cage him later in wolf form) he would have attacked you and your partner instead. You are easier prey. His motives for playing nice are much greater benefit.

You kill the guards, she is all that is left. You have two options: kill her or take her alive (obviously she gets locked up). She lunges at you with empty hands. She is no threat to your life in that moment. She probably would rather die than be captured which is likely why she does something stupid like lunge at you. I wouldn’t even call that justified self defence if you kill her when arresting her is just as easy?

He murdered people who came after him and likely tried to kill him too. I would call that self defence
And why would he let you take him, knowing your organisation wants him dead?

It doesn’t matter how you wrap it, murder is murder. Whether it is justified or considered an act of mercy, you now stand guilty of that crime.It wasn’t self defence it was murder plain and.simple

You know if you don’t murder her she does get picked up by the srt? She is also badly injured and of no threat to you at all in that current situation. It’s murder by every definition of the law.

And then there is max. “Hi max! Do you want a bullet in your brain or would you rather be tossed off a roof?” None of those situations are in self defence or serve a greater purpose.

Humans existed with unnaturals only to dismiss them as legends, just like how the fae dismissed azures as a bad bed time story. Remeber were the ‘boogie man’?

And here is were we meet the main conflict of blood restoreing humanity. While drinking the blood may increase humanity, the killing of innocents rather contradicts that ,no? Not to mention it is continuously being burnt off as food .
And as peter being a complete loon now. There were other vampires in that tunnel, most noticable being the one who is wonderfully burnt to a crisp after trying to run. Now as I recall she took one look at you and your partner, and smiled like you were a bowl of freshly fried chiken. Victor’s rule still stands that Vampires rule by their hunger.

I believe stated that he stated his power got away from him. They cage him for the same reason I’d kill him. He is a hormonal teenage boy with a monster inside him waiting for any moment of faulter to come tearing out, and tear into whatever it wants.
And I believe he was in human form for that, after the other wolf is gone he returns to normal. Then srt arrives later on…
He only has limited control in wolf form, like a gun he points it and pulls the trigger. Just make sure your not in the way.

I wouldn’t call it a righteous choice either way. You kill her , her blood is on your hands. You let her go , and who ever she kills blood will be on your hands. Truely nothing is black and white when it comes to the simple difference of dead or alive. And its not as if those zombies rose by themselves, she had to sacrifice to bring them to life.

Yes and the people had a very good reason for coming after him. All he had to do was uphold his side of the deal. But he couldn’t or wouldn’t (dont remeber the cause, but I do remeber that Lakota’s father shot his plane down woth a freaking bolt of lightning!)

And as stated he only deals with people like that if absolutely necessary.
Because he knows he will proably die anyway. After that I believe he comes to terms that he’ll see his family again. Instead of trying to bring them to life like before.

I feel a meat is murder slogan comming…

If we want to bring the court into this, then were would they point the finger? Another old man has died , and a middle aged women is killed by unusual circumstances. You a seeingly unrelated individual, on vacation no less. In the biggest city in the world. Good luck pinning an unnatural killing on a srt member. That would be the last place they would look if they even looked there.

Why would I throw an intelligent,cut throat, highly connected enemy of mine in jail? She is obviously working for the mru one way or another. She would be gotten out quickly considering how much she knows about the SRT , and the mc with powers and all.

Unless the mc has kept max alive this long. I usually break his arm when he first tries to punch me . And kill him during the rally , because you know. Priorities…

Hey if i throw him off the roof at least he’ll have a good veiw on the way down… Better just shoot him.

Getting on a plane so I’ll respond with more depth later.

And if the vamp wasn’t to kill their victims? We have nothing to suggest they cannot control their hunger.

Victor is just as bad as a vampire in my opinion. He too try’s to shoot jack when he is injured having just fought “the enemy”.

I’m pretty sure there is a line like “one of them is with us” if you take them alive. I also don’t see someone who cannot control themselves change back after the fight with no problems and without advancing on you.

You aren’t letting her go though. You are taking her into custody. Or do you really believe you just knock her unconscious and leave her there to continue her plans?

Not really. If we’re talking about the Fae then it’s “he lied and broke his promise”. If it’s the srt then it’s “he is an unnatural. Oh look we probably threatened him and he defended himself let’s go get him again”

A vegetarian slogan is the last thing we need.

Did I mention the courts? I said the law. The law is very clear on this. Or are you suggesting that if you don’t get caught then you aren’t committing a crime? Because that is nonsense

Maybe she will maybe she won’t. You don’t know that. Seems to me that she was used and they now no longer have a use for her. Just like Sam was used. That logic also doesn’t make it any less… Well… Murdery.

At least you aren’t defending this.

You see him in the air port, then he apperently boards a plane which is then shot down by Gregory s lightning.

And even when they were bag feeding peter he still had the urge to kill granted it was enough to keep him alive.

Victor may be a monster in his own way , but he is WAY too good at his job. I guess thats why I always recruit him in alpha.

Its nor really a choice as much as a reflex. I assume when ever the werewolf gets too stressed or gets a shot of adrenalin that it induces a change in the infected. I suppose after the initial threat is gone the change reverses but leaves them like a raw nerve , it would be easy to tip them over at that point.

Im well aware of her fate once the srt arrive. Or have you forgotten that the MRU were able to sneak in spies and worms into the srt hq? Zechariah has made it perfectly clear there are more spies out there. Why take the risk? Just kill her and be done with it, it will save lives in the future, and would cut Zechariah down a much needed animator. Or am I the only one who hates the thought of fighting your own comrades come back from the dead?

Breaking a promise to the fae isn’t like missing a lunch with relatives. The fae make a promise with outside powers. You break it , there will be a price to pay. There is no way Sergei went and broke it thinking he was gonna leave without paying a price. The mc isn’t even there to make a deal and they are warned of the consequences.

The fae called down a freaking thunderbolt to zap him outta the sky. Yeah its a big deal…

And SRT be more like “an unnatural who has murdered a dozen people because he meddled with the fae? lets get him!”

A normal bystander would just see this as an easily avoided conflict.
Sergi can just avoid the fae altogether and overcome the loss of his family. Or he could simply abide by the fae rules. But no he cannot even do that. Unless the rule clearly dictates that he cannot bring back family for whatever reason. Then he should be fine right? Well ten dead fae and a plane full of dead people later and he we are. Just wanting to be left alone.

Who says it has to be less murdery? She is responsible for the deaths of a ton of people at HQ! If anything I would call that quite murderous before any opinions or outside intentions are present.

How did ‘humans’ souls get recovered after the civil war? The fae are very peculiar with their powers, they are the only known unnatural that is naturally born with the ability to see souls. All others must be granted, even azures only have a slight chance of developing powers in the first place.
But still it raises the questions how souls get on if they are not returned?
If the law was really an authority to be reckoned with in this game they would have most certinly traced the first recorded incident in the world to the people who let the unnatural lose in your house. But here they are, jolly and withering. One is waiting to die and the other works as a quaint librarian. How /wonderful/.
So yes the law is practically irrelevant at this point. Just think that one man who joined alpha and got his team turned into zombies. Well he was swat , trained for infiltration and elimination. And his entire crew died. And he almost died. And it takes the mc with just a gun about five minutes to wipe out an entire room of ten zombies solo.

Ill call it a good hunch that her and Zechariah. Are at the top of the list for returns (next season) because they are still big players in the MRU.

Who says I need to defend an opinion?

Meat is murder… I guess.

I really want to be a werewolf. Can we be a werewolf or a vampire? Can there be like a ritual that makes us human or something? I want to be a werewolf.

While the MC of the season one and two will always be Azure. I can try and write a side game where the player could be a different unnatural or even pure human.

That sounds really fun

How about some spin off Games? For example Scarlet is by far one of my favourite characters within the game but I feel like there’s much more we could know about her. So how about a game where the player is put into her shoes and we get to know why she joined S.R.T and her experiences there. SPOILER AHEAD… Also it’s mentioned Victor ended up being a instrument in Amanda’s death, how about a spin off game which puts us in Victor’s perspective leading up to that event? I was just thinking that these supporting characters could have amazing back stories and we can grow closer to them if we experience it ourselves

EDIT: another thing to add about Scarlet, since her ancestors were supposedly vampires, she could be some sort of hybrid? Something like Denise after she was cured, no longer an actual unnatural but still possessed their abilities such as agility and strength. And even though she’s more human than vampire, she still needs to fight the struggle of the thirst in alternative ways

2 Likes

I’ve found a bug, every-time after I meet riley I keep getting an error message that says “episode 01 line 262: Illegal mixing of spaces & tabs; this line has a tab, but there were spaces on line 260”

Thanks I’ll fix that. I really need to get back on writing this. The muse has just left the building atm.

do you have any idea when season two will be ready cause I just finished season one and the wait is definitely going to be pure agony, also I would really love if the relationship with lakota was able to progress further maybe even just by giving the option to make the relationship more permanent

I’d like to say next year but writing time has been really hard to find lately. :frowning: