UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

Option one, especially if you could send another team on another case and maybe you can get something out of it if you make the right choices and they are successful

I’m going to stick with option one but will more than likely have the order have some effect (so players will have to priotise more)

So here is the order I’m currently considering;

Episode One

Chime
The Big Bad
Love Games
Spare parts

Episode Two

Drained
Shadows
In my head
Demonology

Episode Three

Little Red
Buried
Azurean Dreams
From Dust

Episode Four

Witches and Warlocks
Puppet on a string
The twelfth key
Who snows - [unique case]

Episode Five

Urban tales
Memories
The damned and the dead
Lullaby - [unique case]

Episode Six

Let the dead lie
Snakes and ladders
The only good one…
…is a dead one

Players will be able to do two cases themselves and assign a team to deal with ones they don’t like (which will have different results depending on who you send on the case,)

3 Likes

I want this almost as much as fallout 4

I like how we are now incharge of a team now for tasking instead of the srt . But I just wish we could recruit more unnaturals, I mean it might be a good method for blowing the mru out of the water. Considering they only appear to be working with animators and witches. (Also the occassional vampire)

Other than that they seem like a band of goons blindly following Zechariah because of his azure knowledge of the orb and their misplaced sense of duty to protect unnaturals .

I also feel that azures should have an effect on unnaturals. I mean technically most unnaturals are ancestors. Does their blood have any effect on vampires? Because from the ritual I though that blood severed as a vessel for humanity for an azure. Does drinking large amouts of blood restore a vampire’s humanity?(Stephanie’s brother didn’t eat her .was it because of eating half of team alfa?) In what little on vampires you have in the game they certainly have feelings.
The vampire in fangs for memory showed fear at azurean fire.
Also once again peter showed joy after being ordered to kill you.
And in the first draft way back when showed the vampire crying over your brother.
I just find it hard to believe that all azureans can do is spit fire, bolts of light , and the occasional “god mode”. Should a ancient blood have no affect on their later ancestors?
Sorry
I always over analyse lore…

It’s against forum rules to ask for an eta and you’ll probably be flagged, even if the author is ok with you asking. Just letting you know

About being able to chose more powers, how many more powers are you thinking about adding? Will it be possible to have a mixture of azure and shadow?

Is it okay to pm the author of one

@Lightsavior I’m not sure, I’d say probably not, because they don’t want us to pressure the author and rush/hinder them. If anything, Nocturnal_Stillness will read this and decide weather to respond or not.

@Lightsavior

Asking for ETAs is frowned upon, but sending an author a PM is considered the best way of asking for updates. But to answer your question anyway, there isn’t a estimated release date as my free time is getting rarer and rarer. I had hoped to have it done by the end of this year 2015 but its looking like a 2016 release if I’m lucky (I might try and see if I can get a halloween 2016 release date but who knows).

@SweetScarlet

You will be able to recruit at least one more unnatural (the other Azure Charlene), I might consider adding more depending on if one pops up people like.

Azure blood is just like human or any other unnatural blood. By ritual if you mean the one in episode two with the fae symbol that works with what already is there so it effects the player because they already are Azure. Feeding does restore a vampire’s humanity but only temporarily.

The Azure currently have the following abilities; Angelus [the blade of light can also be wielded as a bow + arrow] Letvir Vatra [the butterfly fire] Venetor [the “god” mode you mentioned] and also Shimmer [the teleport]. I have plans for 3 more abilities to bring it to a total of 7 abilities for Azure. Control over unnaturals isn;t one of them, remember that most unnaturals were created by the death of a renegade azure and the escape of the stolen souls trying to return home.

I was rather hopeing for a return of Jack, it seemed useless to build on the relation ahip early on just to have him killed off screen for bull reasons. I still feel the ladies got swindled on the ratio of male to female werewolf romances.:disappointed:

Not episode two . The one where your humanity is zapped from the amount of blood used in the ritual with the mc father.

And yes I know all the powers currently availiable in game. Despite my rant I am a huge fan!:grinning:

Yes and when they reincarnated they were twisted. However they still share some of the features of modern day unnaturals, example being how moon light has effects on azures, as well as the consumption of humanity in vampires as related to the renegade azures. I can’t exactly remeber to what extent of unnaturals were caused by the renegades. Though the witch and animators comming from fae origins are excluded.

(Vampires have no soul , means no humanity. So they consume blood dor humanity just as azures conaume souls for power. Feeding off humanity )

Having had very extensive lore conversations with NS, the majority of which hasn’t been addressed in game (yet) I feel like I can answer some of these. Keep in mind I haven’t read our messages in a long time so it may be a little off.

IIRC pretty much every unnatural came about from the Azure civil war. The Fae came about after the war and are pretty much the Azure replacments with a very watered down bloodline.

The soul isn’t exactly “humanity in a bottle”. And it doesn’t really make sense why humans would make an angel stronger. The soul is, iirc, a part of Xenon.

Think of vampires needing blood like it’s a drug. It doesn’t “restore their humanity” so much as it “takes away the itch” allowing them to function properly.

As for Jack… you will have to wait and see

From the way that it was said in game during the trip with Lakota. The fae are unrelated to the azure. The fae have been around just as long as they have.( actually they say the azure came before, but still the observed them for a time)

Actually nocturnal just stated that it indeed does restore humanity for a time. Hence why peter didn’t eat his sister Stephanie.

But it seems that in the way the game is operating with azure magic and body. That the soul serms like a spiritual manifestation of the humanity in a human. As in present in all unnaturals with humanity, excluding vampires who need to feed on others humanity to sustain it for a time. Thus concluding that blood might also be a physical manifestation of the soul.
I believe that the game says that the azures are part of xenon. Not humans or fae.(despite fae knowing of its existance, its never outright stated that they worship him.)

The game says a lot of things, not all of them correct. The characters aren’t all knowing, including the Fae. Most information has been lost to history and what has been recovered has to be interpreted, not always correctly. The Fae are no exception.

Remember that it says the last Azure died a very long time ago. We know that isn’t true. IC we are led to believe we are the last when we know that actually isn’t true.

What defines “humanity”? If it is merely being human, then why do the Azure have souls? They are/were a completely different species.

“humanity” is subjective. I’ve known drug addicts who could be considered “inhumane” unless they had their fix, and would become violent. Similarly I’ve known some that, even in their darkest moments, wouldn’t raise a hand to a loved one. Ever hear the saying “addiction is a disease”? A vampire drinking blood to “regain control of himself” can be thought of in much the same way.

Remember how I said most of what I’ve said hasn’t been discussed in universe yet but in private messages? Sure some things may be subject to change but we got pretty detailed about most things.

But I wasn’t useing any info that would have anything to do with misinterpretation. The fae and azures co existed at some point in time. They also must have had communication at some point or else they would not know the proper name for Azures.

Yes some crucial facts were lost about the orb and the whole reincarnation bizz.

And also its understandable they think the last Azure dead. The reason for all the holes in the azures history is due to limited communication with outsiders. Xenon sets records straight on the whole history thing in the orb. The fae thought the last azure dead because they tended to avoid them, remeber how Lakota describes them as just a bad bed time story? They feared the azures, and with good reason.

And what defines humanity seems to be a little stat bar in the menu. But in the game it just appears to be how many craps you have to give. But yeah I’m talking about stats and lore, not a bit of side philosophy on the meaning of humanity. ( that might take all night in that case) but theres a differnce between drugs and gaining power/humanity through consumption. Im pretty sure the vampires in the game are equivalent to junkies. Considering the enormous and repetitive use of said drug.

And Im just putting out possibilities to discover and discussing what info we have o. The inner workings of the games unnaturals.

Unless something has changed (I haven’t played in a year or so) it’s never mentioned they co existed.

If they did, then they would know they didn’t have to fear them. The Azure were supposed to be the world’s secret, peacefully ferrying souls to Xenon and never to be seen which they did for thousands of years. One was caught and accidentally consumed it as she escaped. This ended up leading to two separate ideologies and thus the civil war (where their presence was revealed) and they were marked as dangerous and soul hunters (after all, the “loyal” wouldn’t go out of their way to interact with others and steal souls).

So the Fae only have stories of Azure roaming the world increasing their power, hence a “bad” story. And not a good story of, oh I don’t know, how they weren’t actually like that.

That bar is very inconsistent. You can kill someone in cold blood and it won’t change, but do a ritual involving blood and it does. With this logic if you consume enough human blood your humanity should go up and possibly be a cure for vampires. Absurd!

I feel like the game could use a “lore” section in the stats. What we get feels mostly incomplete in the grand scheme of things.

No they knew about both factions of the azureans. You are told this while in the village, and its been it there since before it was just a demo.

And lakota recognized you as an azure before the wings because your mother’s ability to move souls, and he was already certain that you were not an animator or a witch because of the presence the mc gives off. Personally I see it wise they didn’t mingle too much with people who could quite possibly snatch the life outta me. The fae sat back and watched the two slaughter each other on their own land. Sure the fae themselves are powerful, but even they could hardley manage one azure.

As seen in the trip with Lakota, you break the barrier the elder council sets up. You have ‘one’ wing , and you break the barrier on the first try of useing your powers. Sure it put you out for a month,but it was only 1/6 of your over all power. So yes the fae had something to fear regardless of friendliness or not. What you just said is about the equivalent to saying just because a tiger hasn’t eaten a human yet means it won’t ever eat one despite haveing the ability to.

And I never said that blood was the cure for vampires and it was never insinuated . This is just an example of borrowed power, or borrowed willpower. In the shade route your power increases the more willpower you give it to the point of where you completely lose your soul and tear apart everthing around you. But it still is only food to a vampire so they must consume it once it is burned off. Also it seems to be a physical illness passed on just like in were wolves.

And it never actually said what the azures were really like back then. All we know is half gave souls to xenon after a faction broke lose and started consuming them. A war broke out between the two, and almost all of them died.
And you only get the option to kill some one via ‘cold blood’ if your humanity is too low. Like in Samuels case, you can spare or kill and it effects you.
The dozens of other people that you kill were trying to kill you first , and most of them were unnaturals. A ritual is differnt, your breaking an unseen barrier and tampering with something you shouldn’t be. It requires energy the price of equivalent exchange, and you only have one thing to pay with in the game . Your will power or humanity.
Yeah lore section would make things easier.

The majority of the renegade Azure “stole” from People who didn’t deserve to be reborn.

That tiger comparison is way off. Something better would be: you wouldn’t make friends with superman regardless of friendliness. The world is full of people and nations cozying up to those stronger than them. It’s a form of protection. Wouldn’t it make sense that, if they knew they were there for certain, they would make friends with a faction? Since using your logic the Azureans would definitely know they are there and could easily overpower them. Like I said, they weren’t evil and didn’t steal, they simply “punished” those who didn’t deserve to come back.

Actually I’m pretty sure shade upgrades uses humanity not willpower. So it still stands: that logic says enough blood cam restore your humanity score.

You can kill max, an unarmed animator, Stephanie, And even jack in wolf form when he is injured. What

It never says that once in game about who’s souls they stole. The only one mentioned is about the first and accidental one, and how everything just went down hill from there and it never goes into specifics again.

Superman has no reason to hurt people, he has nothing to gain from it. A tiger would at a human as a big meal that would keep it well feed for a time. But considering how the fae are still powerful, they wouldn’t really need to cozy up to the azures. Just avoid them would be a better method considering they were not being looked for.

And there was no guarantee that the fae would take to the azures in the first place considering the big influence xenon had on them. And also the azureans were proably too busy fighting amongst themselves to actually care about them. And that so called punishment came from xenon not the azures. He took away their ability of reincarnation and when they tried to come back those who had other souls inside them were twisted and warped physically and spiritually.

Will power can be used to restore humanity, as you see after training with Lakota.
But your still missing the phisical aspect of the humanity being constantly used because it is also a lone food source.

And using your logic on the subject of consumption of blood to vampires is closer to a drug. And if so that would there would a way of rehabilitation, but thats not possible considering it is a source of food.

Yes and I believe you need low humanity to murder max, jack is still a plausible threat considering he just turned at the drop of a hat and tore up another unnatural . So that falls into logic if anything, just weighing options.
And which unarmed animator are you talking about? There’s sergi who murdered a ton of people , the animator who kills a young girl to bring back your brother, or the one who is controling a basement full of zombies and has two armed gaurds who tried to kill you , who then admits to working for stephanie . A person who wants the mc dead.
Everyone who you get to kill in game there is always a reason for it, and usually an option to do otherwise.

It does say that the Azure starting taking souls that they believed didn’t deserve to go to Xenon