UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

I hope they would be more room for playing like me a totally no power user role-playing. In first I have only use power few times. And I feel interesting the struggling of someone who has powers but knowing how bad they caused through history decided not using them and don’t taint his humanity. Also I feel totally like Buffy playing this way, also this game needs more charisma using and poison…

There will definitely be more chances to act like a bad ass without your powers. Regarding poison you’ll be wanting to do the Lamia case as this particular Unnatural is literally a walking poison factory and it will be possible to take advantage of that gift…

1 Like

Ohhh, Poison :heart_eyes_cat: lamias look cool, even if legends differs in how them look. I suppose they would be beautiful women than transform themselves in half snakes and turn men mad and in a poisonous mass :blush:

Lamia’s in the unnaturalverse CAN be beautiful but they can also be ugly or even somewhere in between. They can transform into half snakes or even full snakes (if they are powerful enough). They aren’t restricted to one type of snake they can change themselves into any snake even making combinations that don’t exist in the natural world. This is the reason Lamia’s can make millions of different type of poisons ranging from fatal to paralysis to even a minor headache or a relaxant. They also have control over real snakes (referred as lesser snakes by lamias.)

3 Likes

I’m wondering if I could kill of a major NPC without a backlash? Decisions decisions.

@Hell_Satan

I’ll see how the story progresses but atm recruit possibly RO uncertain

Loving the lamia idea, and agree with H_S idea for another romance partner

If it helps I wasn’t keen on having a certain female lycanthrope as a RO at first either…

Work on this game has stopped for at least a few weeks due to personal reasons. Will recommence when I can but for now it’s on hiatus.

I hope you could solve your problems @Nocturnal_Stillness . Cheers and hope you return your writing soon

Hello, made a account just to ask a question. Ive played unnatural and i was wondering if SPOLIER could you save scarlet in any way?Thank you.

Yes it certainly is possible. Easiest way is to

don’t go after your brother. Go straight for the mru Base

It’s possible to do both but it’s harder.

Glad to see that season two got started even if there’s not not much there. And it’s great to be back! :slight_smile:

Okay I’m settled into temporary accomodation so am finally able to start slowly getting back into writing Season Two. I’ve got a question first; i am deciding between two possible ways for cases to work.

Option One: Keep it exactly like Season One with each episode having 3 cases and the player choosing to do two of them.

Option Two: have most cases available at the start (with the second tier cases appearing when the first tier is done). [with this option I’d have to jiggle some of the checks otherwise itd be possible to end up too OP on certain cases or even UP if choosing a harder case too early.

1 Like

Option one.

Depending on how much time passes in the game some cases may or may not still be available, either through another organisation taking it or by the monster moving on or other factors.

thats true and one of the new features is being able to assign a case to another team to deal with,(I was planning to allow players to assign someone to tackle the cases they don’t do. if i went with option one.)

Interesting but I’ll go with option one

I should just say first that I really enjoyed Unnatural’s first iteration!

I like option two because I think it’d create some brilliant tension. Some cases might vanish, or get totally out of hand, after a certain amount of time. Other cases might be more interesting to the MC, but really be something that should be best put off until the more urgent cases are solved…but then, the case might dry up. Also the difficulty issue might be an interesting way to challenge hardcore players. They can show off by taking the toughest tier 1 case first and get lauds if they pass. Or they can shuffle it off onto someone else and get mocked by the department.

No I squel aswell :slight_smile:

I have to go with option 1

Option 1 seems like less of a hassle. It was nice to have intermissions between chapters . And it will be easier on the bugs too.

The way you had it set in season one also made it more replayable because you had to play the game atleast twice to go through all missions. Which made it easier for the mc to have a shade character and an azure character, which was a nice balance I think.