UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

I’m currently writing a part where you are talking to the suspect. A one Dr. Hiram Alexander Reeves. You can introduce yourself as a member of Silver Cross Inc or a concerned family member.

Now my question is during this scene you can warn the doctor of your reason for being here. Your choices and his response will differ depending on how you introduce yourself. So I’ve got two hidden stats;

Warning - a number that increases with certain choices.
and
Warned - a boolean that is trigger when warning rises above a certain number.

Now one of the questions you can ask is if he has seen anything strange in the hospital which increases warning by 1. However, I’m thinking that it would be an odd question for a concerned family member to ask so it should increase it by a further 1 (so 2 in total).

Does that sound right to you? Or would that be too harsh?

4 Likes

Small update one of three endings for the case “Whats in a name” is done, just got the two possible combat orientated ones done.

The latest word count for season two is now 387,653 words (story and code)

2 Likes

Third and final case for UnNatural Season Two is finished. Only the finale is left to write. Latest Word count is 393,131 words (story+code). Got some bug hunting to do then can update the demo this weekend.

The finish line is approaching!

EDIT: The demo has been updated.

Unnatural Season Two (dashingdon.com)

This is everything apart from the finale.

8 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:Guessing the save files are broken

They shouldn’t be as I’ve not removed anything so afaik your saves should still work

Dashingdon crashed that’s why :grin:

Here’s the error I’m getting

Ah I can see the issue. Get that fixed asap

And it’s fixed. Was literally caused by an extra _

Season Two has now passed 400,000 words (story+code).

Will be planning the finale paths and the epilogues the next few days and also writing the main romance scene for all the characters including some important development scenes Denise and Lakota are the only two that I currently 100% know how that is going to go.

Can’t wait to show everyone.

9 Likes

Here is a question for those who romance Denise.

If you were going to meet her wolf and she asked you not to bring your gun and knife, would you always obey or would you prefer to be able to keep your gun/knife (even if it might make the checks harder - the scene will rely on two hidden stats a control stat that shows how much control Denise can influence her wolf and a danger stat which shows how much of a threat the wolf sees you as),

So to repeat the question would you actually want the option to have your gun on you when you meet her wolf?

3 Likes

No, because if we are in a relationship their should be trust. So if she asked me to leave my gun and knife I’d do it. So the answer is no wouldn’t want the option. :blush:

1 Like

I wouldn’t choose the option of bringing the weapons, but i think you should add it because it would be more interactive that way.

Also how could we raise denise’s control stat? I know we can ask a werewolf to train her, but i want to know if there is another way .

1 Like

You can increase it by training with her when you can.

3 Likes

The final romance scenes** before the finale are all done. The current word count is 406,720 words of story and code for Season Two.

I’ve now got six days to write the finale (think the attack on the SRT base part of season one) and then the epilogues.

I don’t think I’ll update the demo until it is finished then will be moving to a beta testing version so I can keep all the testing and feedback in a manageable place.

** Technically there is one more romance-based scene to write but that is part of the finale and for a specific playthrough

EDIT 27/05/21: Okay so I ended up updating the demo on dashingdon with episodes 1-6 done. Working on the three (possibly four) finale paths now which will be kept for the beta test version.

12 Likes

A little update for everyone. UnNatural Season Two has now reached exactly 421,000 words (story and code).

This is officially the longest thing I’ve written. All that is left to write is the two possible betrayal paths and then the ending and epilogues.

The end is in sight! Then can officially start Beta Testing! :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

:clap::kissing_cat::+1:

Sorry about the lack of updates. Work has been busy so writing has fallen to the way side and I’ve actually written the betrayal path three times now and deleted it twice as I wasn’t happy with how it was.

11 Likes

When will it’s released?

Works been hectic lately so not been able to do much writing so I’ve unfortunately fallen behind. The word count is now approx 431,000 words now. I’m trying to get the first draft done by end of this month. Still want to aim for a Halloween release but it’s looking less likely :frowning:

7 Likes

Question!

Picture the seal there is an ancient unnatural in front of you and there is a seal, a shimmering wall between you that is powered by a sacrificed soul. This seal/wall is one way going towards the unnatural.

If you are told that using a certain technique will destroy the seal before it reaches the unnatural would you still want to do that or would you walk through the seal to use the technique closer?

I’m trying to work out if writing an option to use the technique which will have a negative effect, freeing the unnatural (you can still end up killing it but you make it harder on yourself if you destroy the seal.)

3 Likes