UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

How about Evan Holmes? A journalist maybe? Also confirmed dead.

1 Like

consistency issue in the hunt, if you stay back alone, after you talk to darric lakota magicly reappears

Donā€™t know if it happens with other partners as well

1 Like

Dage Dieter, Private investigator, was watching a local politicianā€™s wife to see if she was cheating. Found dead near the wifeā€™s (Jean Finnian) car

*hide_reuse #R. [Surname unknown].
    Name: "Rose"
    Background: A  well liked homeless woman commonly known as "Rose" by people who [i]knew[/i] and often liked her. No known family and "Rose" might not even be her real name. Never reported missing.
    Last known sighting: Last seen alive by a school kid sleeping rough near Eastside Elementary School a few days before her bloodless corpse was dumped in the playground of that school.
  *hide_reuse #E. Holmes
    Name: Evan Holmes
    Background: A journalist who was looking into the previous three missing people attributed to a vampire. Reported missing two days after the previous victim's car was found.
    Last known sighting: Evan was sighted investigating rumors of a figure stalking the streets in a small town.

@Abe do you mind your name suggestion being linked with @Dartknight 's suggestionā€™s background? I can work the suggestion in regardless.

Thanks for pointing that out Iā€™ll look into it.

figured out the issue and it would affect all partners. Uploaded the fix to to the demo so it shouldnā€™t happen again.

Just wanted to say loved season one good job

Thanks glad you liked it :slight_smile:

1 Like

i do mind so itā€™s a no from me.

1 Like

Glad I could help

1 Like

Thatā€™s fine. As I said the suggestion can be done regardless. Thanks for getting back to me.

@OscarKane

The issue was the code uses *gosub to jump back to the question code but didnā€™t actually return to that point instead you got sent back to the menu where the choices involve your partner.

1 Like
  *hide_reuse #D. Dieter.
    Name: Dage Dieter
    Background: Private Investigator found dead near the car of a missing wife whose husband, a local politician had hired him to find out if she was cheating. Reported missing along with the wife but she turned up a few days later saying someone had stolen her car and she'd been dumped in the sticks.
    Last known sighting: Mr Dieter was spotted using an ATM five days ago. His own car and body was found near the wife's abandoned car. It looks like the victim was trailing the car not knowing the wife was no longer driving.

Only one victim name leftā€¦

1 Like

itā€™s moments like this Iā€™m glad I donā€™t use gosubs, though it makes story branches actual hell

1 Like

Yeah it can cause some easy to miss errors but its useful to for scenes where people reach multiple ways and saves you writing that multiple times.

1 Like

If my story ever progresses to a point where I have to write a scene like that, I might attempt genocide. I donā€™t know who that genocide would be targeted at, maybe everything.

2 Likes

Isabella Smith, 32. Office worker. Was last seen working overtime. Missing.

1 Like
  *hide_reuse #I. Smith.
    Name: Isabella Smith
    Background: An office worker who was reported missing the same day as the previous victim.
    Last known sighting: She turned up for work as usual and was last seen staying late as she wanted to finish her latest project.

All victims have been named, thanks for all the suggestions.

1 Like

The following code is the activities available during the search for the vampire nest in the case ā€œDrainedā€.

Couple of questions about it;

1. what kind of things would you like to talk about with your partner?
  2. what would you expect from the ā€œcuddle partnerā€ option a sweet cuddling scene or a full romance scene?
  3. Anything else you would like to have as an option?
*label motel_menu
*if (actions >2)
  *goto tired_sleep
*if (discovery = 100)
  *set nest true
  You've searched enough of the railway yard to safely confirm that the vampires aren't in any of the buildings in the railway yard, which only leaves the underground railway built below the yard which is how the companies got the decommissioned trains to the yard in the first place. It has been closed off from the main railways but there was still enough tunnels down there where the nest could be.
*choice
  *if (actions >1)
    #Get some sleep.
      *set nights +1
      *set actions 0
      *goto sleepy_time
  *hide_reuse #Do some research on vampires.
    *set actions +1
    *goto research_vampires
  *hide_reuse #Read up on all the missing persons.
    *set actions +1
    *goto files
  *hide_reuse #Talk to ${partner}.
    *set actions +1
    *goto talk_partner
  *if (partner = romanced)
    *hide_reuse #Cuddle with ${partner}.
      *set actions +1
      *goto cuddle_partner
  *if (discovery = 0)
    #Start searching the railway yard for the nest.
      *set actions +3
      *goto searching
  *if (discovery = 0)
    #Start searching the railway yard for the nest.
      *set actions +3
      *goto searching
  *if (discover > 0)
    #Continue searching for the nest.
      *set actions +3
      *goto searching
  *if (nest)
    #Scout out the nest.
      *set actions +3
      *goto scouting
  *if (nest)
    #Let's hunt!
      *goto hunting
1 Like

For the cuddle partner option Iā€™d suggest we cuddle our partner and have the option to turn it into a full romance scene or just keep cuddling

5 Likes

Just a sad update. My wifeā€™s nan passed away in the early hours of the morning. (We were called just after 1am) it was expected but still was sooner than they thought.

I had got some days off work after today which I was going to spend writing but I wonā€™t be writing now as I intend to look after my wife and help her with kids getting them to school etc. Will continue once the wife is better

Keep enjoying the demo so far and Iā€™ll be back as soon as I can.

Stay safe everyone!

14 Likes

Condolences to your wife and stay safe as well.

5 Likes