UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

You can go to your brother and unlock the teleport if you are an Azure, it helps delaying too.

1 Like

Thanks ill look into it.

edit: found the issue and thatā€™s fixed.

Personally I did think the episode ending was abrupt I felt the entire meeting should have been there as without it the end comes off as the book just stoping. As for the new character I am wondering if you are intentionally writing them as unlikable because as of this moment I really donā€™t like her. She comes off as arrogant and assumes way too much when it comes to our character. I play One character who is humble and one entirely arrogant and as snide as can be but when I walk into the church and I hear she is telling the priest sheā€™s an angel just to get free room and board kinda comes off as her having a mightier than thou personality. Not an encouraging start for them. And in the case of the priest I think it would be nice to have the choice to correct him if we donā€™t like him calling us an angel or if we are cool with it show him our wings or if you kept shade basically call yourself a fallen angel or something along those lines
Finally can we talk fighting I donā€™t know if I am boosting the wrong stat or what but the only way I could get through any fight is by using my powers. Melee or guns always seem to get me killed even if I have the right ammo.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what I was worried about. Originally I was going to have the whole meeting and end with what she wanted to reveal about your mother.

About the new character:

Yes she is meant to come across as arrogant and unlikeable. Charlene was brought up to believe the Azure (well the non-soul-stealing azure) was better than everyone else. Also your correct to think she used her wing reveal to get access to a room which is also something that;s been taught to her. Iā€™d be surprised if anyone likes her at first but the plan is to allow her character to improve through further encounters unless (episode 5/6 spoiler so will have to leave this).

About the priest:
A great idea, Iā€™ll add that as an option :slight_smile:

About the fighting;

Melee = physical (learning cqc should lower the stat check to pass)
Guns = mental (learning to use firearms lower the stat check to pass)

There should also be boosted by your relevant lore against certain unnaturals.

Iā€™ll double check but the score to succeed is 59 or higher.

Iā€™ll look into this a bit more, its possible the stat checks have gone wrong. But a physical higher than 59 should succeed in melee and a mental higher than 59 should let you succeed in shooting someone.

*edit: altered the figure as found out it was higher. Iā€™ll need to double check the increases as the demo MC can either start with 60/40 45/45 or 40/60 [physical/mental].

*edit 2: Yeah if you donā€™t choose to excel in Athletics or Academics when creating the character you end up with 45 in both physical and mental the option to train in episode 4 has a 10% increase which puts it at 50. Iā€™ll look into adding more training options.

2 Likes

Made some adjustments to the increases. Please let me know if you still are struggling in defeating a fight without using your powers.

Just decided to continue the MCs ending of episode 4 as well as made a few other adjustments (setting up achievements for the game so far.)

link: https://dashingdon.com/play/nocturnalstillness/unnatural---season-two/mygame/index.php?cb=66980

Feedback as always is welcome.

Wordcount is now 194,434 words story and code.

5 Likes

Btw I also wanted to ask if you have any plans to add something about murdering your parents murderers since when I saw the priest I though hmm it would fit if at some point my good hearted Mc wanted o confess to killing them to someone and this is a church with a confessional You know. Just a thought.

1 Like

That shouldnā€™t be too hard to add and would be another option for building character.

This suggestion actually helps me a little as [warning spoiler for end of episode 4] the extended ending involves the MC collapsing from shock about the reveal. I couldnā€™t decide whether to have episode 5 start with the player still waking up at the church or literally have Charlene drop them off back at the hq and the MC waking up in their own bed. I could have them wake up in the basement and wake up with the priest looking after you that would lead nicely into an opportunity to confess your sin(s)

I got glitch in episode 4 during the little red mission when you choose to stay behind and you send your partner after the civilians when you choose to prepare yourselves (i.e. move on to the fight) it brings you to the scene as if your partner is still there. I am not sure if this is a coding error not, but I figured I should probably mention it.

1 Like

Iā€™ll look into it thanks for mentioning it. The code can get a little complicated here so itā€™s possible.

Unfortunately the issue is worse than I originally thought. I somehow deleted some of the scene and the solo bits donā€™t seem to be where they should be. It may actually be the missing scene mentioned earlier but I need to look into it some more.

Edit: should work now.

Having a break this week to let people play through episodes 1 to 4 before continuing. Making sure everything makes sense and flows well enough.

Also making notes on episode 5 while I wait :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Corrections and Other Jarring Things:

Timeline inconsistencies

Chapter 1: November 2028
Chapter 2: December 2027
Chapter 3: February 2028
Chapter 4: March 2013 (flashback?)
(i still owe you ones from Season 1)

Missing Cut

Happens after the ā€œLove Gameā€ case. iā€™m not sure if it happens in the other scenes as well.

Repeated Dialogue

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 11.49.51 Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 11.49.58
First shot happens when i ask who by the door. The second shot is when iā€™m given the option to dress after.

A or I

Happens in Jenniferā€™s interview.

Daye or Day

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 13.19.31
Happens in Averyā€™s interview. Dossier introduces him as Daye and the start of his interview introduces him as Day.

Looping Case

Finished ā€œFrom Dustā€ Case. It would be ideal to have the finished cases in gray to avoid looping.

Radio choices

Extra quote marks on the R&B choice.

Graying out Members

This is during the Witches and Warlocks Case. It would best to grey out/remove members who are in your team to avoid doubling characters.

Grammar

Children ā€œareā€ innocent. This is from the Snakes and Ladders Case.

A rather confusing sentence

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 14.30.35
This is the second protagonistā€™s POV. iā€™m confused with the second sentence.

2 Likes

Thank you. This helps a lot.

Edit:

Iā€™ve fixed those issues so thank you. The last one is meant to be images of the night your squire died the ā€œassaultā€ bit is meant to be emotions overwhelming you at that moment

1 Like

Ah i see. i admit that the sentence was a bit hard to read.

i still have to check Season 1 for continuity. i hope to give them to you as soon as i can.

Iā€™ll look into rewriting it to make it a bit clearer.

Iā€™ve not written much since finishing Episode 4 due to having a serious decision to make about the series. I have decided to end the series with Season Two.

I love the UnNaturalverse and the world Iā€™ve created but I also have so many idea outside it that Iā€™d like to write as well. So I am trying my best to give you all a satisfying ending for your characters.

My challenge is to turn what was plans for a good but open ended ending into a closed one that makes you feel the journey was worth it.

9 Likes

May we ask why you have made this decision?

Its mostly because of a desire to write some of my other projects. I love the Unnaturalverse but Iā€™ve got a few ideas outside it that Iā€™d love to introduce my fans too.

Ideas like Rookfall and Daemonglass (which both have had small demos of on the forums.)

3 Likes

Can I make a suggestion? keep the original ending maybe just slightly alter it and leave another sequel for a later date Iā€™d hate to see it end on a cliffhanger but I personally think it would be a mistake to kill the series outright. But with the way you stated the original ending was leading to a sequel i thinK like I said a bit of tweaking will give you some breathing room should you choose to come back to it

3 Likes

Iā€™m hoping to write a satisfying ending that could be continued if I decided to come back later. :slight_smile:

5 Likes