UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

I. Had to stop writing it as they three options I thought of were

1. join her.
  2. pfft call that a first (build new one)
  3. rargh knock fort down

Lol

1 Like

Join ftw! I mean it’s a pillow fort of snuggles, who can say no to that?

Even if I never end up trying my hand at making a CS game (especially now that Dropbox keeps me from using CSIDE), coming back was worth it just to read that excerpt.

2 Likes

Hey Zed. Welcome back. You should still be able to use CSIDE without Dropbox. Isn’t that right @CJW

1 Like

Is there a way to become a azure quicker?

@Zed @Nocturnal_Stillness
Exactly so :slight_smile:

No. That is a set point in the story.

Strange, I remember getting shot at a meeting when I said I was a monster, must have been a different thing.

That might be right. There is a way for the MC to realize that they are an Azure earlier on. In the dream scene before that meeting. I think you need a high perception for that. (Might be a different trigger though. It’s been a while since I last played it.)

That doesn’t result in the MC being able to access their powers earlier though.

@Cecilia_Rosewood is right. the scene you’re remembering occurs if you take Lakota on By tooth and Claw and talk about monsters. He tells you that you’re an unnatural. Which you can then reveal to the others during a a later meeting. But you don’t know you’re an azure at that point.

edit:

*if (partner = "Lakota")
      "I'm here for the same reason you are," Lakota says softly.

"What do you mean?"

"He is a fae," whispers Ren, "he must be the reason the S.R.T. knew that sigil."

"I don't know what you mean," you say,

"You're a monster too right?" Lakota asks.

Then at the start of Episode 4 you can choose to reveal that you are an Unnatural which either goes well or badly depending on your rep.

also double checking the code I discovered another name based easter egg i’d put in that I’d forgotten about. (by name easter egg I mean certain names and/or surnames result in slight changes in scenes for example two particular names result in a slighty different intro scene with Scarlet.)

2 Likes

Thanks! (Plus twenty squiggles)

Damn you, now I have to play through 400 more times to find the Easter egg
name(s).

If you have a high enough humanity score you can tell them the truth and
get a nice gift for doing so. (90+) which just means if you love wolves(who
wouldn’t?) You can choose focus on form and a slight increase to save all
the puppies, and have enough humanity to tell the truth and survive. But
like nocturnal said, it’s a extra text choice for bringing Lakota to the
tooth and claw mission and talking about monsters with him.

I’ve yet to discover which combination of shade abilities will keep you
alive in that scene if you choose to lose your humanity.

1 Like

There are three in total 2 of which affect Scarlets intro and one which affects an intro to a member if Gamma who isn’t available as a partner.

Also the only way to survive the meeting with low rep is to have >30 focus. But the game still ends after the following choice but it can still end with your alive.

Perhaps add a continued path, where the game doesn’t end because of this
route, I discovered it on my 3rd play through and figured no way to
survive. Something like focus>30 and humanity>50

The room opens fire on you, all except the director who seems frustrated
with the others in the room. Without thinking you use focus and survive the
hail of bullets unscathed (im not good at dialogues) the director coughs
and says(along the lines of) it seems that we aren’t able to deal with you
and, if you had bad intentions you probably wouldn’t have told us the
truth. That said your abilities are taking a visible toll on you, and you
seem less human every time I see you. For now you can continue working, but
be warned we are watching you.

Or something like that. No awesome gift for honesty, just a smack to the
face and a warning.

*label declare2

The silence that followed your revelation didn't last long. Moments later it vanishes in an explosion of sound and frenzied motion. 
You see the guns being brought into view and you dart for the door. 

*if (focus >30)
  *goto survive_meeting

*else
  *goto death_meeting

*label survive_meeting
You don't see the shooters, only hear the gunshots. Oddly you don't feel any pain or bullets pierce your body. 
You look around the room at several confused faces. It is only then you notice the faint darkness surrounding you...

"It was a good job you strengthened focus, for a moment I didn't think my barrier would hold then," you hear Ren say relief in ${hisher} 
voice.

The meeting room falls silent. Several guns are pointed right at you, spent ammo casing litters the floor. You should be dead right now, 
they just cannot understand how you're still standing...
*choice
  #My turn...they will regret trying to kill me...
    You reach out with your senses, feeling the shadows all around the room. You know you could easily turn every shadow into a spear, 
    impale every last one of them. It'd be SO easy to do...
    *choice
      #Yes, they will not live to regret their betrayal.
        You smile and clench your hands into a fist before bringing them up sharply. The shooters aren't expecting death to come from below, 
        you watch in delight as shards of darkness slice, pierce and tear through their frail bodies. It is over before they know it, 
        minutes pass and you just stand there marveling at the death you caused...it was so easy!

The shadows don't stop there, you feel as they tear through H.Q. killing everyone they meet. You try to stop them, but you cannot, 
        they are out of your control. In fact when you try to forcefully stop them, the shards tear through you...you bleed to death in 
        seconds.
        *if save_game = true
          *page_break Restart Episode Four
          *set save_flag 2
          *set return_to_scene "four"
          *goto_scene savegame
        *else
          *ending

#I'll aim to disarm, not to kill. I'm not a monster.
        You smile and clench your hands into a fist before bringing them up sharply. The shooters aren't expecting the attack to come from 
        below, you watch satisfied as shards of darkness shatter every gun in the room at the same time. They are unarmed before they even 
        realize what happened. Arthur holds up a hand and everyone sits down.

"Calm down, this doesn't have to end in bloodshed. Please let us talk..."

You nod and lower your hands, but then turn and walk away. You spend the rest of your life avoiding members of the S.R.T. who try to 
        hunt you down...
        *if save_game = true
          *set save_flag 2
          *goto_scene savegame
        *else
          *ending

#It's not their fault, I don't know what I am. We need each other, I can help...
    "Arthur," you say firmly talking to the leader of the S.R.T, "I don't want to fight you."

Arthur nods, you notice he isn't one of the people who drew their gun on you.

"Okay let us talk, lower that shield. Everyone else lower your guns, leave your weapons on the floor. We are civilized people here, 
    let's act like it."

"Thank you," you say.

You relax and feel the barrier dissipate. You only hear the whisper of the gun shot, but feel the bullet smash into your chest. From the 
    impact you can only guess it was a .357 magnum round that hit you. As the color drains from your world, the last thing you see is 
    Lakota tackle Austin knocking the magnum from his hands.
    *if save_game = true
      *set save_flag 2
      *goto_scene savegame
    *else
      *ending

*label death_meeting
You don't see the shooters, only feel each round slam into your back. 
You are knocked face first into the floor but the shots keep coming.

You can feel the shadows enveloping you in an attempt to minimize the damager.

"I cannot stop it..." you hear desperation in Ren's voice.

Eventually the shots stop, and you try to take a breath but only feel pain. You cough up what little blood is left, the rest already seeping out the many holes in your body. A hand rests on your back, someone speaks to you but you can no longer recognize the voice.

The last thing you feel is an icy pain sliding into your back and through what remained of your heart...
*if save_game = true
  *set save_flag 2
  *goto_scene savegame
*else
  *ending`Preformatted text`
1 Like

T.T damnit Austin, you ruined my continued plan, this is why you’re my
least liked character.

That scene is partly while I enjoyed writing his romance because he starts off willing to kill you if he finds out your an unnatural if you keep giving up humanity but he Can grow to willing to give up the mask the last piece of his past for you.

The more important question is who was it that slides the knife into your heart…

I have the same problem …what is solution to this fight?

I have tried to get to a romance partner to significant other status but still cannot

U may need too move this to a different thread topic

1 Like