UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

Easy. Take Scar to Martial Arts tournament with Kendo sticks… and enter ourselves either as a duo and dominate our opponents or singles until we fight against one another x)

1 Like

@Nathan_Faxon
I’ve got a worrying feeling Scarlet would prefer the latter option. She does like sparring with the MC.

1 Like

oooh then i have played them all, probably the only way that i would see it was a epilogue is if it was written “EPILOGUE” in big giant letters with flames, i need to pay attention more

1 Like

I’ll probablly add Epilogue [insert title] to each one so its easier to keep track off which ones people have done.

3 Likes

When I attempt to promote Alice, it doesn’t work. What’s the explanation for this?

Alice (in Beta) and David (in Alpha) both turn down the offer of promotion so your friend is promoted instead. It should explain that in-game. I’ll find out the text and post it here.

edit: here is the in-game text

*label alexandra_gamma

Alice walks up to you, although she doesn't seem too happy.

"Why did you suggest me? Gamma doesn't work in a lab, I'm only here to tell you I turned down the offer. Arthur has promoted ${friend} in my place."

"I'm sorry I just thought you'd like the higher access Unit Gamma received."

"I'm one of the senior members of Unit Beta, a Team Leader. I already get the highest access. Unit Gamma are given higher profile cases, they don't have the same access in the labs."

"Oh, I didn't realize."

"That's alright. Everyone assumes Unit Gamma has higher access, they do but for cases not the labs. Any way I better head back now. Good luck with your new colleagues," Alice says as she leaves.
*set friend_status 2
*set promotion "${friend}"
*goto partner1

Hope his helps

1 Like

I’ve sent my edited version of episode 1 to my editor and she’ll work on in next week. :slight_smile:

edit: to fix a spelling mistake oh the irony lol

2 Likes

In the M.R.U bombing, in wich room is Ashley? i’m never able do find her ;-;

In the shooting range? I think.

2 Likes

She is in the shooting range,

2 Likes

really? i went to the shooting range once and no one was there, ok then, gonna try it out on this game

Yeah she should be there if you got her promoted. Here is the code from that scene

*label firing_range

*if ((ashley_status >1) and (alpha))
  As you approach the firing range you hear the distinct sound of gunfire.

"I didn't think they'd be armed!" you say as you run through the doors.

As you burst through the doors, the normalcy of the room hits you harder than a wrecked room. Looking about 
  you spot the source of the gunfire. 
  Ashley stands there, holding a SIG, firing at a target down range. She doesn't turn to acknowledge you, it's like 
  she cannot even hear you. Only then do you realize she is wearing the protective earmuffs. They must have prevented 
  her from hearing the explosions.

You walk up to her and wait till you hear her clip click empty then you tap her shoulder.

"Argh!" Ashley screams nearly leaping off the floor.

Ashley pulls the earmuffs off and stares at you.

*if (ashley_rep >60)
    "Oh, you are so not getting anything tonight."

*if (ashley_rep <60)
    "That's so not funny."

"Listen to me, the M.R.U. has set off bombs here. People are badly hurt and dying or already dead. We need to find 
  everyone. Can you get to safety while I find the others?"

Ashley pales significantly.

*if (ashley_rep >60)
    "Oh my god...I want to stay with you."

"It's too dangerous, just get to safety. If you can help someone do it; but getting out alive is more important."

"If we survive this..." Ashley starts then pauses.

"Yes?"

"WHEN we survive this...I want you to meet my parents."

Ashley doesn't even wait for a response and she quickly vanishes down the corridor.

[i]Parents eh?[/i] You banish that scary thought from your mind and return to your search.
    *set ashley_survival 75
    *goto search_choice

*else
    "O...okay. I'll do that."

Ashley nods and runs down the corridor quickly vanishing around the corner. 
    You turn round, returning to your search.
    *set ashley_survival 75
    *goto search_choice

*else

As you approach the firing range you find it intact and the doors locked. Thankfully no-one was hurt 
  you turn and return to your search.
  *goto search_choice
2 Likes

One of the new choices added to Episode One :wink:

*label party2

Finally inside, you move to the makeshift bar set up on a little table and grab a drink. A stereo is blaring the latest Pop music, and a group of kids are dancing in the huge living room. 
By the look of some of the other kids, the drinks are alcoholic.
*fake_choice
  #Get trashed.
    *set action "drunk"
    *goto drunk
  #Get trashed AND dance.
    *set action "drunkdance"
    *goto drunk_dance
  #Just dance and hang out.
    *set action "dance"
    *goto sober_dance
  #Just hang out.
    *set action "hang"
    *goto hangout
  #Feel awkward and go home.
    *goto end_party
7 Likes

Sounds like me alright.

SO hyped for this.

2 Likes

Hey look, it’s my playstyle!

one of my goals of this latest batch of editing is to improve on the romance in the game as well as bring friendships more into it, so eventually you’ll be able to learn more about characters you can’t romance. Of course they will hold back certain details because there are some things you’d admit to someone you love than you would admit to a friend.

Also because you CoGgers are awesome people and I truly appreciate the fact you’re all so patient and have played through Unnatural even with all the bugs and stuck with it. I’m planning on adding a little extra something. But before i put time, effort and money into this special something I thought I’d post it to see how many would be interested in it.

Simply put I’m considering hiring a couple of voice actors to record an Audio message which players will get a link to at the end of season one which will be from your chosen love interest. I.E play through Denise’s story and you’ll get a link which will take you to an audio file where you can hear a message off her just for you. Of course they would have to be worded carefully as not to alienate any person, so names won’t be mention etc, But anyway what would you think of the idea?

1 Like

I’m not that interested in audio. But I do like the idea of a letter or something that could be personalized more to a particular character. It would be nice if they referred to a mission or other event important to the pair.

To be honest, I wouldn’t listen to it anyway, and it’d just make the app a lot bigger. My current phone should be able to handle it, but my old phone… Well, I could fit exactly three choice games on there if I threw out all other unnecessary apps. I could imagine more people have similar problems with their phone memory.

The audio message would be on my website. You’d just get a link to it ingame so it wouldn’t affect the app size :slight_smile:

Poll time. In Season One who was your preferred love interest? and what made you pick them?

• Ashley
  • Austin
  • Craig
  • Denise
  • Lakota
  • Sarah
  • Scarlet
  • Victor

0 voters

1 Like