UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

I’m pretty sure only the gay childhood friend has a preference.

1 Like

I did romance her and replaying game as we speak will post the pic when I reach that part

If only…sadly we have to share her with boys though :disappointed:

yey.

Now I can romance the werewolf chic-wait, I don’t even know how to romance her.

Ain’t that some shit?

3 Likes

First you need to be in beta, then read about werewolves and it will tell you there is a difference between werewolf and lycanthropes. Then when you are brought to help you choose to ask if they know which she is then just you know, be nice to her

1 Like

And now I can romance the werewolf chick,

Tis’ a wonderful time to be alive.

2 Likes

And now you’re a furry…

1 Like

A furry with a werewolf girlfriend.

I’ll take it.

2 Likes

You should give her a chance, her romance is quite good.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have to agree with everything @Urban said. Ashley’s entire path simply had the greatest build-up and payoff, in my opinion. Plus, well, to me, she was just plain the obvious choice.

Scarlett wanted you to take advantage of her when she was drunk. Yeah, I’m not like that. Then, when she questions you about turning her down, she gets all pissed. Yeah, fuck me for not making advances while you’re in a super vulnerable and essentially uncontrollable state, right? I’m such a bad guy.

Then there’s Denise. Honestly, her’s was more intriguing than it was enjoyable. I basically just felt so sorry for her. She’s not like Scarlett, however. I think she’s a great character that deserves to be saved by any Beta player. That whole situation she was in had to be miserable. Plus, it’s just plain wrong. But it’s still not as fleshed out, I feel. Therefore, it can’t take any high spot on my list.

Now, Ashley isn’t without her character flaws, either. But, unlike Scarlett, she’s able to overcome them. And quickly so. After the Creepy Statues case, she was ready to prove herself to you if you kept bringing her along. Also unlike some of the other ROs, her romance path has a build-up in time that feels realistic, and mostly organic. Like Urban said, she visibly displays some attraction to you at the hospital, showing her jealous side a bit. It goes from there to occasional flirting, like during School Daze, and keeps going until she finally goes for it, and asks you if you want to pass the time, but her way. From there, you can tell her shyness is sort of disappearing a bit, such as the dance scene. Then she begins to pull some stuff off that’s honestly amazing, like the football field dinner scene. This all leads to the candle room scene, and this makes everything feel like such a natural evolution. It all ties together and goes from flirting, to her attempting to impress you a few times, to the final night of passion. It just doesn’t feel rushed, and it’s given so much time to not only sink in, but, again, build up, unlike the others.

7 Likes

I feel the problem with Ashley is her background, it is pretty bland. A ex-cheerleader without previous training is not the most the most exciting choice.
That was why she was my last option, and I wasn’t expecting her romance and character to be any good, luckily I was wrong.

Now look at the other 2 girls.

Scarlet: veteran badass biker chick who fights with a Samurai sword.

Denise: a lycanthrope.

They both seem better choice then Ashley. I think Ashley needs to show more of her “fighting” side in the sequel.
I think she can be developed into a sharpshooter, because it her scene with the anti-matter sniper rifle and with her constant training at the shooting range.

Yeah, I can definitely get behind that. I also hope Sam shows us her combat potential in the sequel, as well.

1 Like

Some fun info

in the current version you can turn Scarlet down nicely and get a second chance to start the romance with her a bit later.

Ashley has a few slight tweaks thanks to comments by my editor who was worried she fit too well into the distressed damsel trope so there are now additional or tweaked scenes that make her better. Ironically Anthony’s had taken on some of her distressed scenes to flip the trope on its head.

1 Like

I hope you didn’t change her scene in Creepy Statues, because (IMO) it was a turning point for her. After that she started taking her job seriously and dedicated herself to it.

2 Likes

No that scene is still in there it just triggers if you take Anthony too. Also Ashley has now dabbled a little in the occult back in college so she is the one who can tell you what the symbols on the statues meant.

Don’t worry I’m a big fan myself of her starting of the scared type but grows into a more confident braver character.

For example;

*elseif (partner = "Ashley")
        Ashley frowns before walking over to the defaced statue. She studies it for longer than you expected, suddenly very interested in it. When she returns to you she is smiling. "It's your lucky day ${name}."

"What do you mean? Do you recognize them?"

"It's witchcraft," she says firmly and with a nod for emphasis. "The marks are part of a binding spell, although it is stronger than the one I knew of."

You frown. "Are you a witch?"

Ashley shakes her head. "Not really, I just dabbled a bit in college."
4 Likes

Does she still talk about the Disney show? Because that was one of her best line :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

Ech.

I’m sure she’s a fine romance and all, what with Voldemort’s massive speech on the subject, but it’s just like you said: a cheerleader simply doesn’t interest me as much as a werewolf does. It doesn’t really matter if her RO path ends up being better than Denise’s, what matters to me is that, in my eyes, Denise is just a more interesting character in general.

But, if I end up making a second character (which I most probably will; my plan is for an intellectual Beta team guy and a physically fit Alpha team girl), then I’ll give Ashley a shot.

Ashley is straight, you can’t romance her with a girl.

Out of curiosity and to double check relationships I now know the highest possible levels for the current version of the game for the hidden attraction stat (originally the rep stat = now rep and attraction are seperate so people can be good friends and be good working together.)

Ashley = 81%
Austin = 66%
Denise = 79%
Craig/Sarah = 68%
Lakota = 81%
Scarlet = 72% or 73% (if you trigger romance on the later chance).
Victor = 63%

These results surprise me I didn’t realise that there would be such a difference in final scores.

I’ll work out possible reps tomorrow it should be similar but I’ve recently fixed a code issue which stopped the bonuses you got to rep for picking someone for a case so everyone missed out on 2 +5% boosts to rep each episode from 3-6

5 Likes

I’ve been wondering this for awhile, does Craig/Sarah always die if you don’t romance them?
I know Austin survives if you find him even if he’s not you’re RO.