UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

@Vendetta I saw you like my post, mate. :joy:

If thereā€™s one game that also deserves an adaption, its your old WiP. Even though it never saw the light of day, Iā€™d still do it. :rofl:

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to do something like that eventually. I even considered submitting a script to the BBC but my script writing sucks.

2 Likes

@Nocturnal_Stillness BBC? Eh, its your game, mate. Just saying, though, Iā€™d rather submit it to Netflix, or Fox. BBCā€¦isnā€™t good, in my opinion. Just pull off a couple of high profile heists, and send a fraction of the money to me. Like I said, Iā€™ll make a series better than any damn cable television company can, mate. :laughing:

Seriously, though, can you imagine a Vendetta series on the History channel, or even a Zombie Exodus series on AMC? Iā€™d kill to see either of those. Lots of CoG and HG games would make good movies/TV series/mini series. And your game, and @Vendettaā€™s, who I hope picks it back up someday, maybe, are no exceptions. For sure.

1 Like

Not sure if it has been mentioned before (and if I can mentioned it here) but I had to play the same mission twice. I did the cure mission first and once finished, the option didnā€™t disappear. I did the other mission and afterwards I had to do the cure mission again before I could continue.

Itā€™s a really good game, I greatly enjoyed it. Lots of options and interactions and it is fairly long. I cannot wait for whatā€™s next :blush:

1 Like

@Ninja1 I do think this game is highly underrated. I think its definitely one of the top HGs, and for sure one of my favorite games of all time. The powers are awesome, the characters are great, the romance is rewarding and effective, the lore is deep, and the world is rich and fulfilling.

A truly great piece, indeed.

1 Like

My opinions on this game are mixed.

WhIle is it generally a great game, with an interesting plot, nice characters, the ability to become a cool supernatural and all that jazz, reading it gives me the impression that it feelsā€¦unfinished? I donā€™t know, the game just has this whole ā€˜beta testā€™ vibe around it.

Luckily, Nocturnal has seen this and decided to re-edit the story. So props to them for actually giving a shit about their game.

6 Likes

@AAO True, true. Its nice to see heā€™d rather fix his first installment instead of just ignoring the problems with it and jumping right into a sequel just because. Nobody ever said the game was perfect.

It also could that this is the first game and there is going to be a sequel.

Two long years after I picked up the game, and Iā€™m still waiting on a
season/part 2 T.T

Sadly when you have to juggle a full time job and family commitments (I have a wife and two sons) time to write is limited. Also throw in the fact I had personal troubles writing took a back seat. Itā€™s only recently that Iā€™ve been able to write consistently.

Good news Iā€™m still aiming for a first draft of season two (and season one edits done) ready for testing in time for Halloween

3 Likes

I get it, I really do, I remember the fire and all the other setbacks, its
just i recently found out Iā€™ve got a brain tumor and I probably wonā€™t live
to the release of the second part. Iā€™ll be lucky to make it to Halloween.

Iā€™m sorry to hear that. If there are any questions you want to know. Just pm and Iā€™ll try my best to answer them.

Just got the game today and I enjoyed my first run a lot! That scene near the end where MC had to kill her brother again is particularly heart-breaking.

I did encounter a bug though. If you choose to go through Cure first, completed one of the other two cases (Witch Way, I think? Itā€™s the conclusion to the gargoyles.), it forces you to take on Cure again.

I got double the relationship boost with Denise (which is nice), but I didnā€™t get the achievement for completing Cure either.

Thanks for the info. I am aware and Iā€™m looking into what causes the issue.

3 Likes

editing update:

Episode 3 is done will be doing episode 4 over the next few days then can get my editor to start work on episode 5 and while i wait Iā€™ll work on season two :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Been channeling some of my characters recently. Was fun now back to editing.

6 Likes

Currently editing the scene where you face off against two bodyguards and and animator. Iā€™ve added an option for players to choose to shoot to diasble them not kill them. (one of @Fioganā€™s suggestions was to allow more non-lethal option which iā€™m trying to do within reason (vampires are kill kill and kill although one case planned for season two will involve a faux-team-up with a vampire against a pack of ghouls that will be the exception and not the rule)

Now trying to detemine how to allow players to shoot to not kill them especially as at this point they can have a shotgunā€¦currently playing with the idea of players smothering the shells in Shade which stops the penetration of the shells but keeps the kick. but not 100% sold on the idea. Would people mind if I locked out that option solely on the fact if you pick a shotgun youā€™re going to be going for a kill shot.

Opinions would be appreciated.

1 Like

The shell idea sounds good. Give them a defensive power but not too op. Youā€™ll still feel the hit but wonā€™t be damaged from it. Also I think the option should still be available even if you choose a weapon because even if I have a gun, I play my MC as avoid if I can but be prepared in case I canā€™t. But thatā€™s up to you.

1 Like

Yeah generally Iā€™m adding more options to allow for non-power players (unless story demands it) and non-kill players. Overall a lot of these edits are improving the game on all aspects so far. (Well i think so anyway but Iā€™m biased lol)

4 Likes

There are a couple of ideas:

1: Non-lethal ā€œbag-shellsā€ are used by law enforcement to stun the perps. Rock Salt is another alternative

2: How about a taser gun? or some special electrical shock shells?

4 Likes