UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

You owe my friend thanks she turned my own logic around to prove a point :slight_smile:

1 Like

For some reason when I complete the mission Cure it always makes me do it over, Just wondering if this is new or itā€™s been happening for a while and if it is old can someone show me a way around it.

Itā€™s a glitch that Iā€™m trying to fix. It shouldnā€™t stop you from playing the game should still continue after you do a second case.

My Mc was a guy in the Beta team, when he was talking with Craig I picked the choice that more or less says mc was gay but didnā€™t see him in a romantic light. Later on in the fight between the two werewolves it said I shot and killed the werewolf girl, Denise was it? oops then I started dating the fairy (Lakota?) after suddenly I got a letter to meet Denise (I donā€™t know how she suddenly came back to life,werewolf zombie?) and suddenly she was all over my mc, guess thatā€™s what I get for being curious :pensive: did I have to be mean to her or just ignore the letter?

A bit after that the mcā€™s boss said something about Denise and that now we can date and I didnā€™t get a chance to reject her or anything. My mc said at the beginning heā€™s gay, heā€™s already dating Lakota and she was the one who almost jumped my poor mc. I havenā€™t gone beyond that part but do at least any of them find out my mc is now dating another person or can I break up with her or will I get a chance to do so in the second game?

You should get a choice in episode 6 who you want to be with and that should cancel any other LI.

I have been blaying this whole morning and I all feel now isā€¦ confusion.
Itā€™s all happening too fast and I canā€™t connect to my character because of his lack of responce to what is going on around us. Everything is rushed. Everything is forgotten almost as soon as it happens and is never mentioned again. Like Ren forcing us to accept the shade - we seem to be on decent terms, despite that, like yes, you ignored my desire to maintain humanity, and I donā€™t even know what you are, but now we are connected, so yay, no biggie. Iā€™m perrrrrfectly comfortable with that. And everything else what is going on, no matter how confusing or downright crazy it is. I wonā€™t even think about it in my spare time (limited as it is), as it is not worth mentioning.
Talking to people is like talking toā€¦ any npc in any game ever made, as they just donā€™t appear to be alive. Conversations? No, these are just fake choices for you to get out of the way before the action starts. Which wonā€™t take long.
And who are all these people in my relationship screen. And how come Denise is now my supposed romantic interestā€¦ All I did was being friendly and supportive! Does it mean Iā€™m locked now? Can I break it off somehow?

Lakota shooting a person you are supposed to bring in alive? No explaination, he just shruggs it off and basically tell you to shove it. The lady who saves you from a succubus? Unnatural rights activist whom you can punch or scare off? Just forget about them, they are basically fillers.
As for romanceā€¦ itā€™s either very well hidden or very-very sudden. Iā€™ve mentioned Denise, but I havenā€™t noticed any indication that there are any other options. Relationship percentage just doesnā€™t rise with other people. At most, there is Austin at 46%, followed by 30% Lakota, but everyone else is between 0% and 10%. And most of these people Iā€™ve either never met or didnā€™t maintain contact with, since there were no options for that.
Soā€¦ There is that. Confusion is my primary emotion right now.
Letā€™s see if it changes by the endā€¦

How do you romance Anthony? The romance guid seems to be down and I canā€™t figure it out

Only people you have met should show up. Which character havenā€™t you met is showing up? The majority of them you get to know more working with them on cases. Iā€™m going to be adding extra scenes for social interactions outside the cases so people can get to know them more often.

There are story reasons why Ren will force you. But Iā€™ll add more examples negative interactions between players who are forced into it.

Thanks for commenting youā€™ve brought up things not mentioned before so I will try and fix your issues during these edits.

Edit.: just to confirm the relationship stays go up through dialogue mostly during cases some outside cases too. The biggest issue Iā€™ve discovered was my original concept of having a single stat for relationships made it difficult for players as you canā€™t really maintain high relationships with multiple npcs as it turns into romance after a certain point. Iā€™m fixing this as Iā€™ve now split it into a npcname_rep and npcname_att which will let readers have both friendships and romance without them being mutually exclusive.

Anthonyā€™s path glitched last update so am fixing it during the edits. Sorry for the trouble caused.

1 Like

Iā€™m adding additional social scenes in between cases for more opportunities to increase relationships outside of characters.

Currently planned is a regular movie night (one per each episode and multiple movies to choose from based on hosted/Choice of games.

Other ideas are a night out drinking with the lads/girls

Are there any situations youā€™d like your MC to experience with others.?

3 Likes

@Nocturnal_Stillness How about playing video games with your RO? Iā€™m a pretty avid gamer myself, and you could base them off some HGs/CoGs as well. Or if you need ideas, I could whip up some decent parody titles of some modern AAA games, probably.

Ooh, or you could use the games from ZE:SH that @JimD made up. Would make a neat little tie-in for those who play both games, I suppose.

yeah video games are a decent idea, Hmm an rpg called "Tales from the Infinite Sea"could become a nice nod to sabres/guns of infinity Iā€™ll have see what @Cataphrak thinks of the idea. There is already an ad based on sabres so maybe a game could be based off guns.

3 Likes

Make it one of those much-maligned ā€œwalking simulatorsā€, and you have a deal.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll send you a message when i get round to writing it and you can give feedback and i will alter it to suit your wishes :slight_smile:

1 Like

edit; ignore this post, just trying to code it and still seems too convulted. Iā€™ll just come back to the issue

so for now Iā€™ll just ask do you prefer *selectable_if for choices or *if do you like to see what you canā€™t do or do you prefer it to be a surprise?

I would like to try the game but the link doesnā€™t work. Is it down or I am just the only one?

Itā€™s already published. You can play the demo here.
Right now the discussion is mostly about some edits the game will get.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! I didnā€™t know :sweat_smile:

@Sammysam is correct

The game was release 2 years ago but Iā€™ve earned enough to hire a proper editor so Iā€™m trying to improve the whole thing using the edits and my better experience with coding.

3 Likes

@Nocturnal_Stillness Do you realize how good this game would be as a proper live action adaption of itself? If I had the money, friends, resources, and talent, Iā€™d totally attempt a YouTube series for this.

3 Likes