UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

The one thing I’m not looking forward to is revising the shade/Azure stats. Some people didn’t realise that the form weapons just showed how easily you can form that weapon and you still needed high enough in form to pass the stat check. One comment was my Form Blade is at 87% why can’t I win. When I enquired about other stats his form was about 10%. So I need to revise them to make them all clearer.

To be perfectly honest, I can’t see how you would need to- in order to actually use shade you alter the contract, which requires you to check the block in one of the three. It seems odd that you could get to 87% on the shade blade, and only have 10% in form.

Edit: this is, of course, assuming someone actually reads the descriptions.

Second edit: because I’m dense- will you be implementing a save system in Season One? I know you had mentioned that Season Two will be coming.

2 Likes

CoG add the save system once the first draft of the second game is done. It’s so they don’t waste server space on a sequel that is never finished.

2 Likes

Ah, right. That makes sense. Wasn’t sure how that was handled.

So, here’s some questions and things i noticed after playing the game over and over again for like 80 times,

1- If i don’t investigate the house in “S.O.S” and go straight to “i don’t know what else to do” wich makes you find a secret door, does that mean David survives?

2-Is there a way to save the girl that Beta are testing drugs on?

3-Can i kill Max?

4-Does the gun you use matter? (of course the quantity of bullets matter but beside that is there any reason to pick a Colt Anaconda (6 bullets) over a SIG P226 (15 bullets) ?

5-Outside of scenes like romance and some other scenes, most of the characters are the same thing, the same dialogue, take “By Tooth And Claw”, mostly all dialogue from your partner isn’t specifc to them, Victor says that same stuff Ashley,Craig and Marks do, so i just think that when @Nocturnal_Stillness is not doing much it would be good to give more personality to the characters, i do have to say that the “Trouble With The Fae” mission kind of does a good job at giving a personality with the characters, with Lakota shooting the guy, and Ashley actually being agressive

6-The mission where you have to take back your brother’s body is probably one of the most baddass things i’ve read in a long time

7- I’ve never wanted a 2 game so much as i’m wanting one of “Unnatural” it’s an amazing piece of game

2 Likes

You mean Denise? You have to be Beta and a werewolf must have had killed your family. At some point you are taken to her to experiment on and you have an option that says something like “is she a lycanthrope or a werewolf?” and that’s it. Then you can romance her even.

Yep. Don’t remember how though. You have to be violent with him everytime, break his arm I think and then on the rooftop, near the end, you have the option to kill him.

1 Like

Thanks a lot man :v:

It’s not necessary for the monster that killed your family to be a werewolf. You just need a certain amount of points in werewolf lore. That can also be done by reading werewolf-related books in the opening scenes.

2 Likes

I mostly have a high lore on Vampires and Werewolves because i usually ignore the zombies, because Vampires and Werewolves appear a lot more in the game

True enough. But if you want to romance her you get to talk to her about it. In the mission “tooth and claw” or something. You tell her a werewolf killed your family and she is like “you must hate us all” and you get to tell her how you feel about it.

2 Likes
  1. David either dies in your first case or you find his body during S.O.S If you don’t find him he’ll still be dead you just won’t know that.

2. Yes you need iirc +1 werewolf lore which can be achieved by having a werewolf as the killer of your family or reading at least one werewolf book when studying.

3. Yes you can either shoot him when you first meeting or you can find him on the roof where you can choose to throw him off it.

4. I’d have to double check but iirc the Colt Anaconda and the Desert Eagle has a few different variations or easier stat checks- I’ll get back to you.

5. There are few scenes which do vary in personalilty but I’ll add more during these edits.

6. Thanks, it was fun to write.

7. Glad you enjoyed it. Season two will be coming even if I have to resort to ritual blood sacrifice to force myself to finish lol

4 Likes

Okay everyone. I’ve got a question;
eas
If your character could take their LI on a date during the events of season one where would they take them? For a bit of fun I’ll also let you know what they’d think of a date like that :wink:

3 Likes

I guess that’s going to depend on the LI in question. I mean, I’m surely not taking Scar to something I’d take Ashley to do, and vice versa. Same for Denise.

I suspect that Denise’d probably wind up with the classic dinner and a movie, especially after being cooped up in Beta’s holding cell for a while.

Scar I’d probably try and find some kind of underground fight club and see what she thought, there. That or say, a HEMA tournament since she’s all about the swords.

Ashley – well, I’m probably gonna swing something with money and flash her way. I don’t know what, precisely. Fancy restaurant followed by like a dance club? Who knows.

2 Likes

Denise, Scarlet and Ashley would approve of those choices.

3 Likes

See, paying attention to the characters pays off!

3 Likes

I’d take Ashley to a football game (not soccer, american football) because she used to be a cheerleader and she liked it

i’d take Denise to a abandoned place so that we would have some private time (because i don’t see her as the type of girl that wants to go to a fancy restaurant or a place with lots of people

i would take Scarlet to a Fencing gym (because of her love of swords and sparing)

i’ve never dated Alice so i don’t have information on her

When Ashley comes to you in the “Cheerleader dance” scene, am i the only one that wish it was written “i came here to CHEER you up”? PUNS PUNS PUNS PUNS

1 Like

Ashley would probably go and join the other cheerleaders to dance. So you’d be stuck watching her from the stands.

Denise would like private time, but she’d also like my datey things too especially being “cured”

Scarlet does love a good sparring match.

I actually nearly wrote it CHEER for the pun but decided against it lol

3 Likes

Are there epilogues in the game? there’s a lot of achievements talking about it, but i haven’t noticed one, mind helping me out?

Yeah there are three Epilogues each with a slight variations depending on whether the srt or mru win.

Edit: they appear after the attack on the srt Base Arthur either tells you the srt is being closed down immediately or after a month.

1 Like