Unnamed Sci-fi Game- Demo as of 4/5

To an extent, yes. Nothing major, but it’s utilized.

:grinning: Glad you like them- I’ll never get tired of people liking my characters.

No romancable aliens in this story, I’m afraid, though the possibility for friendships exist- I’ll jump of that bridge when we come to it. But if I can still stand writing in this universe when I’m done, it might be possible to romance some aliens in the future. Though… probably not the Manens. Communication needs a lot of work on both sides there.

Tiny updates keep coming! Probably nothing most people will see, but I fixed a bug or two and there’s the start of a conversation with Hart. Her character is quickly becoming one of the easiest for me to write and I look forward to revealing more about her :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still not dead! :tada:

With my history paper behind me and finals a month off, I think I’ll be able to make some progress. There hasn’t been a whole lot lately, but the non-soldier branch of the pirate attack is 80% done and the soldier branch of the attack is getting into the aftermath, including conversations with Singh and Zheng (both incomplete as of yet) depending on what happened and dealing with Levine’s fierce desire to help the people that would have killed you.

Fun things ahead, I guess :smile:

11 Likes

is this suppose to happen?

1 Like

@Black_Knight Absolutely not, thanks for catching that sir/ma’am/distinguished individual.

Or were you being facetious? I can’t translate internet tones.

Either way, thanks. Hope you were enjoying the game before my shitty code got in the way :smile:

PS: Have another tiny update- don’t expect the co-worker stat to change as of yet, because I added it and then forgot to go back and plug it in throughout.

2 Likes

sorry about that, should have worded it better and yes I am enjoin the demo.

I just want to say that I love this game so far. I actually started a Choice of games account just to let you know how much I enjoyed the demo. I really like the concept of playing as a doctor rather than an actual soldier. The interactions with other characters were also a lot of fun to read, especially the one where you meet Harlow and Singh in the recreation center. It had me chuckling quite a bit :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:joy: I need you to know that this just made my day. The last few days have been pretty rough, between family problems and my inability to vent via my writing, so thank you, so much.

And I’m glad that you enjoyed that scene- it was one of my favorites to write!

I hope to hear more from you, especially as I start releasing chapter three and finish hammering out the non-soldier path of the second chapter :heart:

5 Likes

I absolutely loved playing the demo! I like how the characters have different personalities that fit well together, and personally I love how the scientist MC feels like an actual doctor because of the stress from the job and how they suffer with sleep issues. I think it makes the character more real, if that makes sense. I can’t wait for more! So far I really enjoy the company of the soldiers, especially Harlow :kissing_heart: ! The planets sound incredible, and I wish I could actually visit them! :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.