Unknown (WIP), Please Assist!

Is there a save in the game

2 Likes

Do me you upload it with dashingdon cause I can’t get into it

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I am trying to make what’s happening in the story not too obvious, and up to the mind of the reader.

Also, thanks for the input about the brother! I’ll add some more scenes (especially in the beginning) to add to the development of his character.

Since it’s just a demo right now, nothing is really explained, but it will be later! This was a very good comment that you made, and thank you so much for your feedback!

2 Likes

@Jackpot1776 @N1GHTMAR3 @pandaboi

Have officially uploaded a file through Dashingdon! I look forward to your feedback!

5 Likes

It was pretty good so far.

2 Likes

You’ve got a pretty good start, here! The stats screen option results in an infinite loading bar, though. (:

2 Likes

It’s a little short to give a true feel for the game, but I’m definitely interested.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve fixed that up- the stats screen is now WORKING!

@Jackpot1776 I’m glad that you’re interested! I do agree, the aspects of actual gameplay haven’t been integrated yet- I’m still trying to work on how to get a smooth transition!

1 Like

What got you to make this game

@Takashi_Shin
Really just wanted to have a long, interactive story that I myself would enjoy if I was a reader.

I want a lot of character development in my stories, choices that don’t result in the same ending overall, choices that aren’t easily distinguished as “good answer, bad answer, neutral answer,” and so forth.

As far as the idea behind the story, it just came randomly!

2 Likes

I hope we get update to me this story has good story with it

1 Like

how is going with you TTay21

2 Likes

Hey!

I’m doing well! As far as story progress goes, I’ve added a LOT of dialogue in the beginning, to help things feel more natural.

Also added a lot of choices to reflect how your character is, what they do with their time, how they feel about their life, etc. Also added some backstory concerning the little brother!

Thanks for checking up! I’ll update it in a couple of months!

4 Likes

In regards to the name, I’ve had a couple of ideas based on the premise, how about The Danger Within, Drowning Country, To Save A Monster.

1 Like

I like it. Still too short, but it has potential. I love the cliffhanger. What’s the summary of the story tho? I still don’t get the whole gist of it…i don’t know what title could fit in the narrative yet

This popped up after I chose the option to flirt with Siren, then tried going to the stats screen

Thank you SO MUCH for telling me that! I’m fixing that issue right now- should no longer be an issue in a couple of minutes!

@ultravioletgaia The story is a lot more than what is let on in the beginning. What everyone is playing now is pretty much a prologue before a big event happens that affects everyone the very next day. To get the gist of it… you’re trying to decide exactly how you’re going to live despite things taking their course. It’s hard to explain, but I am trying to have it make sense. I’m sorry I’m not very good at this!

@Jackpot1776 “The Danger Within” reminds me too much of the videogame “The Evil Within!” Haha! I really like the name “Drowning Country,” I’ll give it some thought. It would accurately describe what’s happening, too!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.