United We Stand - Political WIP

They are the same, sorry should have cleared that up sooner. Goes up to the budget vote for both sides.

1 Like

The next Solidarity chapter is nearly ready. Now i’m weighing up whether to release it as soon as it’s done or wait until I have both the New Order and Solidarity chapter 4s done and release them together…

12 Likes

I think you should release the chapters individually. I personally wouldn’t mind it if the people who like to play as communists get their chapter a few weeks earlier than those who like to play as fascists.

3 Likes

Great story it reminds me of my own country’s early years with the communists blowing up party headquarters and the islamists throwing out the nationalist out of their own country.
ahhhhhhhh, good times man, god times

4 Likes

You’ll get feedback at a more sustainable drip with small releases, rather than big ones. Up to you what you prefer though. For New Order I mostly read the code, whereas Solidarity I’ll play.

4 Likes

Hey there, I’ve been stalking this since day one, but never had the time to actively join the discussion :zipper_mouth_face:

Brilliant idea, great writing, but you already heard that a lot :grinning:

1 Like

Wow, I hope your country has calmed down now!

I’ll release the next solidarity this evening (hopefully) and New Order later in the week. Expect a faster pace in terms of updates from now on. If i can, I want to get it done this summer!

Welcome to the discussion! And thank you, it’s always nice to hear it again!

9 Likes

Hi @Voldy
I read your post before you withdrew it, thanks for the praise, glad you enjoyed the game. Can’t remember exactly what your questions were though. Feel free to ask anything

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw the debates I seemed to have missed earlier, and worried that some people might not have been able to catch my sarcasm.

1 Like

Seemed fine to me, stuff on topic (as in about the game) is absolutely fine. The only thing we’ve decided to avoid is the historical debate about which was worse, communism or fascism. Nothing wrong with talking about it in game

4 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed siding with the “bad” groups in games and movies. I blatantly support the Empire in Star Wars, which, even then, nonsensically raises some eyebrows.

Its simply all in good fun. And looking at things in a different point of view.

However, it is 2017, and some people like to take things that aren’t literal as very literal.

2 Likes

Chapter 4 for Solidarity is now out! I had to work pretty hard today to get it done, so forgive typos etc (please post them here!)

If you thought that perhaps you’ve had an easy ride so far, this chapter cranks things up a notch or two…

https://dashingdon.com/go/1356
(play here or from the link in the OP)

As always, any and all feedback welcomed and encouraged

8 Likes

Will be waiting for the New Order chapter. They are just too fun. Hope they get the same amount of thought and attention as the Red path.

1 Like

I just recently discovered this WIP and just want to add my voice to those praising it. As a huge fan of divided we fall I’m glad to see that it’s spiritual successor matches it in quality. I can’t wait for the next chapter, here’s hoping we get the chance to bring the fight to the facists before they sink their claws any deeper into the government.

Also, if it’s not too much of a spoiler, do you plan to add a way for Moravia to come out of World War II without having been conquered/allied with the Nazi’s or dominated by the Soviets?

3 Likes

Great to have you here!

We discussed that a few hundred posts back. Basically, the game won’t cover WW2, during which Moravia is occupied by the Germans. I’m currently thinking the canon will be that depending on how the game ends (either fascists or solidarity in power) either Riga or Wulf leads the wartime resistance movement and rides that wave to become the post-war leader of the country (e.g. Tito in Yugoslavia). Then, Moravia becomes a third way state of varying oppressiveness (depending on outcome of the game), either like Franco’s Spain or Tito’s Yugoslavia. Finally, Wulf or Riga die in the late 1970s, throwing the system in to chaos, which would be the setting for a potential sequel.

The ending to this chapter has quite a lot to do with that…

6 Likes

Does that mean you won’t be able to undermine or perhaps usurp Riga or Wulf or will you just have to settle on having a lot of power in the party and perhaps set up an “heir” to take power in the possible sequel? I know that is a bit spoilery but I’m trying to gauge how loyal I need to be lol.

3 Likes

@AlexClifford1994 Will both main story paths have the same amount of content? Also, how extensive will our abilities become? Will I be able to lead the Order at any point?

Originally I intended for you being able to replace Riga or Wulf but once I got in to the writing, it just didn’t seem like it would be feasible within the time frame of the game. Staying loyal will be rewarded but I felt as if becoming leader of you party and therefore potentially prime minister would be a huge journey to make in a very short space of time. I suppose that the sequel (really need to stop planning a sequel when this isn’t finished) would be where you have the chance to lead. So long as you play your cards right and end up in government, you’ll still have a chance to wield some power and give orders

Yes, as is currently the case, the two main paths are basically symmetrical, covering the same events but from different perspectives. This will continue throughout the game, although obviously there will be points of divergence. As far as your second question goes, I kind of answered it there^

3 Likes

Then how high in the ranks will we be able to rise?

The plan is that if you manage to win an election, you will become interior minister

1 Like