Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

No, well at least not in the first or the second book. To be honest, I haven’t really given this much thought yet. Maybe somewhere in the future you will get the chance to marry your partner and maybe even have kids with them.

5 Likes

I’m all for interspecies relationships and kids! It’s funny to think how some of them would even look like. :blush:

5 Likes

Hah…yeah i dont think death ever thought of even becoming a grandma

5 Likes

I can see it know… flying flaming foxes.

1 Like

A nice idea, but the reproduction between different non-human races is still a little bit more complicated than that. Children that emerge from such a interspecies relationship might have some of the unique racial characteristics of both parents, but the characteristics of one parent would be still more dominat.

1 Like

If Laurence had a kid would the kid be a human or not o.o
Or maybe a kid with Laurence will be human but a kid with Laura wouldn’t?

No it wouldn’t. Don’t forget, Laurence isn’t a human anymore. He became a non-human hyprid (thanks to the Dragonslayer Program), which means that his child would also be a non-human. However, due to the new unqiue and complicated genetical structure of his body that was created during his SEP it is very unlikely that he would pass on any of his abilities to his son/daughter. So, if the MC and Laurence/Laura would have a child together it would probably just have the same race as the MC.

5 Likes

Which race would a child favor between two nonhuman parents?

1 Like

human biology
A child inherits EXACTLY 50% of the chromosomes from each of both parents. All mitochondrial genes are inherited only from the mother.

Thus a child receives only close to half of the genes from the father and a little bit more than half of the genes from the mother.

Mother’s maybe? depends on the races?

what BrachydiosX said :point_down:

:fox_face:

3 Likes

@BrachydiosX

How quickly would a child’s powers become apparent?

By children from interspecies relationships it is normally the race of the mother that is more dominant. However, there can be exceptions.

The powers of a non-human usually manifest themself around the age of 10-12. This manifestation is usually refered to as “Awakening” and is one of the most important events in the life of a non-human.

2 Likes

Question what are dragons in this game like are they like divine beings or is it kinda like dragons have existed before this world or what since they seem to be better abyss and star magic Which just sounds a bit like well godly or kinda older then creation so in the lore where do dragons stand? @BrachydiosX

Dragons within the world of my game are legendary beings, which are held in high esteem as demi-gods and beings of extremely high reputation. Because of their partly godlike powers they are often seen as one of the strongest non-human races.
However, the main reason why the Dragonrace is so respected is because of the Eight Elder Dragon’s, the first and most powerful Dragon’s that exist since the ancient times. Their powers are completely incomparable to the powers of any other living being and not even the Gods could match with the powers of the First Dragons. Each of the eight Dragons is alligned with one of the eight Elements and they taught other beings the principles of their powers, which ultimately led to the creation of the eight fields of Magic.

5 Likes

@BrachydiosX

Will there be a flashback to the MCs Awakening?

You will witness it within the Prolog.

6 Likes

Sounds excellent! Looking forward to making my Grey Wolf!

Are the laws stricter for the non-humans?
E.g. If a non-human fights for self-defense or to protect someone, will the be punished? Or is the law more equal?
And what if many humans claim that the non-human was the aggressor?
And are non-humans punished more severely?

1 Like

If both the parents are the same gender could you still have kids o.o? (by using magic or something)

well ill be damned like when i said divine i meant kinda like a pegasus or the kraken but you telling me the first dragons was stronger then gods. not complaining tho always love good dragon lore. guess ill shot another question since dragons are so legendary how are half-dragon treated (since i plan to be one) is it kinda like oooh your half-dragon you taint the purity of the dragon blood we gotta burn you in the eternal flame to purify you or is it gonna be like ooooh your a half-dragon watch out cus a cult gonna kidnap you and put you on a throne that you will never be allowed so leave so they can worship dragons through you.

2 Likes

It always depends on the caused damage. If the non-human simply defends themself without causing mayor injuries to their opponent then there won’t be any consequences for them. However, if they seriously harm or kill another being (regardless of whether it was a human or a non-human) they will meet serve punishment.
Also, non-humans aren’t allowed to expose their actual powers in public or in the company of humans. If they have to defend themself against human assailants they are only allowed to use their natural Attributes.

Yes, you could. It is possible for two beings of the same gender to have kids together, thanks to advanced and quite complicated Magic. This Magic is often used by monogendered races like Harpys or Lamias, to ensure the continued existence of their race.

Some time back I posted some more detailed lore and basic informations about the First Dragons. If you are interested, you can find those informations from this post on: https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/ultimata-fantasy-wip/31311/572

5 Likes