Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

What’s the difference between the Hunter Forces and the D.S.R?

I was rereading everything and this donned on me if the dragons created magic for their elements then if we befriend them can we use the corresponding magical type easier and could this be used to get rid of weaknesses in learning etc. A kitsune thay has kagury path can learn hydromancy at the normal rate due to kagury liking them

I’m not so sure. I think he said before that certain types can’t learn specific elements. Like Kitsune being fire based can’t learn Hydromancy, Even if the corresponding dragon liked them. Can’t learn what you can’t even use. I could be wrong though.

1 Like

The Hunter Forces are a globally operating Organization, while the D.S.R. is a Agency, that is only restricted to the United States.

It might be true, that you can learn some spells more easier, if the corresponding Dragon likes you. However, that still won’t change your natural weaknesses. As @Otaku_King said, there are just certain magical arts, which you can’t learn because they conflict with the natural elemental alignment of your choosen species. That means, that you can’t learn Kryomancy and Hydromancy orientated spells as a Kitsune; or that you can’t learn Pyromancy orientated spells as a Grey Wolf.

1 Like

Can soulmancers learn all type of magic? I think you said Duelists are weak in magic though. Also can Raijus learn earth spells? Usually earth tends to be conflicted to lightning
Also what kind of magic does Death and the reapers use/teach

Soulmancer can learn all spells from every Field of Magic without restrictions. Of course you still need decent magical Knowledge, to learn more complicated High Rank Spells.
Also, the Duelist has only Low magical Knowledge, which means that it would take you longer to learn certain Spells. However, if you refine and train your magical abilities as a Duelist, you won’t have much trouble with learning even more complicated Spells.

Raijus can learn certain Spells of the Field of Earth, like Transmutation or Creation Magic without much trouble. However, there are still some Exceptions. As a Raiju you are sadly unable to learn Terramancy orientated Spells, since those Spells would conflict with your natural electricity based abilities.

Reaper are, similar to the Soulmancer, able to use Spells from all eight magical fields. Normally, Death gives every Reaper the freedom to decide for themself, which of the eight magical fields they want to concentrate and specialize in. Of course, most of the forbidden arts are still off limit.

3 Likes

Umm, I’m really sorry, but I could need your opinion with one last point. It regards the character creation right in the beginning of the Prolog. To be more precisely, it is about the figure of your character. At first I wanted to give you the option to choose from different heights and body types, to define your character even further. Sadly, this turned out to be a Little bit too complicated, since it created too many new variables and lastly I decided to take those options out. So, instead of choosing the height and figure of your character, you have to go with an already specified settings based on your choosen gender. The male MC would have a athletic figure with a height of about 177 cm. The female MC on the other hand would have the same figure as her mother. She would have a slim and lightly athletic figure and would be well-endowed. In terms of height, she would be a little bit shorter than her mother, with a height of about 165 cm.

And that would be all. What do you say to these determined settings? Are they acceptable?

1 Like

I personally will ignore the specified heights and just go with my own measurements as I generally put myself in the role of the character

4 Likes

What will be your height with a non-binary gender?
By the way about explosion magic, can you cast a spell like the one Megumin use and if you’ll be strong enough it would be like a small nuclear bomb?

There won’t be a non-binary gender option within my game. I’m sorry if this might sound wrong, but I’m not a big fan of this entire non-binary or gender-neutral thing. It is good, that a lot of other writers include such an option in their game, but I’m not one of these writers.

The force of your explosion depends on the rank of the spell that you use. Low Rank Explosion Magic would be nothing more than a “small” explosion, similar to that of a hand grenade. High Rank Explosion Magic on the other hand would be similar to the magic Megumin uses (of course without the fainting at the end) and would cover a large area.

5 Likes

For the females can you add an option to select the cup size or something instead of being well endowed. Big breasts will get in my way once I make a Soulmancer duelist female.

3 Likes

Usually I don’t care about height/body type choices because they are never really mentioned past the choice and you can imagine your character to be whatever you like. Same with eye color as well

I like being able to choose all of those things.

2 Likes

Umm, I don’t think that this would actually hinder your Performance, but I get your Point. I wanted make this game like an anime anyway, so it might suitable to include an option that let you choose the bust size of your character.

What do you say to the options flat, average and well-endowed for the female character? This would be easier than including all the cup sizes.

Actually, the figure of your character, especially of the female character, will be mentioned throughout the game. In particular regarding your choice of clothes.

2 Likes

I’m totally fine with that. Thanks for being willing to implement it.

2 Likes

Can you look like this?

4 Likes

No problem. Actually, I played with the idea of including an option to choose the bust size of the female MC for some time now, but didn’t know if I should include it.

2 Likes

If you are talking about the animalistic features than yes, you can look like this. You are actually able to expose only some of your distinguish Features. For example, as a Grey Wolf you could only keep your ears and tail exposed, while you hide your fur covered arms and legs.

2 Likes

Oh I meant it more about the body type/hair color (maybe get white hair color though, cause you said the Kitsune form is white). And if you walk with the ears exposed what would happen if someone touch them?
I guess it wouldn’t really look weird in the street though, since there are so many non-humans probably a lot of them walked like that and it became a fashion trend of some sort.

Oh, sorry misunderstanding.

Of course you can make your hair white. White is actually a quite common hair Color among non-humans. Same for colors like blue, purple, silver or pink. However, as I explained the body type will be already set.

The ears of a Kitsune (or any of the other three species) are extremly sensible. If you touch them they would probably twitch and send a shiver through your body.

Ok, maybe I put it wrong. I meant that I think about including this option. Nothing is set yet. It is only supposed to be a nice little feature, but now that I think about it, this would probably create only unwanted problems, so I maybe won’t include it in the end.

1 Like