Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

Okay another question about the Blade Master, what does the Ultima of the Blade Master do?

1 Like

Umm lots of stabyness on lots of things?

3 Likes

Ah, sorry but that would be too much of a Spoiler so I canā€™t share any details. I could give you the name of the Ultimata though and maybe you can make your own theories what it does. The name of the Blade Masters Ultimata is: "Itsutsu no michinokami no sugata" (transl. Divine Figure of the five Paths).

Sorry if this might not be an satisfying answer, but I donā€™t want to spoil much more than I already did. However, I have some good News. The Prolog of the upcoming demo includes a scene that will give you small taste of the different Ultimatas of all playable races, so you actually donā€™t have to wait all that long to get at least a hind of what the Ultimata of the Blade Master does.

16 Likes

Hi Iā€™m new here, could someone please explain me what those subclasses are? (and a summary of them too if Iā€™m not asking too much please)

The sub-classes are a part of Soulmancer race. You see, the Soulmancer are classified based on the form and type of their Soul Weapon. In some cases Soulmancer are also classified based on their powers, skills and abilities, like the Rider, the Blade Master or the Medic for example.

The weapons of the available Soulmancer classes are as follows:

Duelist: Rapier
Gunslinger: Revolver
Lancer: Spear
Archer: Bow
Medic: Rotary Pistol
Blade Master: Katana
Rider: Gauntlets

7 Likes

No, you can pick all classes right on from the Start. I simply didnā€™t update the first post. I should probably change that to avoid further confusion.

7 Likes

Okay I have two questions who is the ancestor of the archer soulmancer and for the rider what are our three options for mounts?

The name of the Archer Soulmancers ancestor is Ashe Freeman, a U.S. Marshal during the settlement of the American Frontier. A law enforcer who ensured law and order in Ashfield, one of the first supernatural-only cities in the west. She was also famous and feared for her trademark fighting style which invloved the use of ā€œRaguelā€, a highly mechanical compound bow, which made her quite the oddity in a land filled with Gunslinger and Gunman. Despite her odd weapon choice she was known for having the deadliest and most precise aim in the entire west.

All three familiar options for the Rider are Dragonā€™s. The reason for this is connected to their ancestor, Saint Martha, who once managed to tame the Evil and extremly powerful Dragon Tarasque. However, even despite all the familiar options being Dragonā€™s, they still differ greatly from each other in terms of personality, abilities and elemental allignment. In terms of elemental allignment, you have the option between Blizzard, Explosion and Plasma.

6 Likes

Whatā€™s the difference between a player dragon and a riders dragon

1 Like

The Riders Dragonā€™s are so-called familiars, which basically means that they are supernatural creatures from another plane of existence. However, since they are beings from another plane they canā€™t travel to and stay in our world solely by themself. Instead they need someone who summons and forms a contract with them to allow them to stay.

5 Likes

What is the life span of a soulmancer?

1 Like

Soulmancer are a rather unique case in the supernatural world. Their life span is connected to the state of their Soul. As long as they keep their Soul healthy and in a good condition they are technically immortal. However, they can still be killed through conventional means (like most Supernaturals).

5 Likes

The game will be amazing,im sure. But what worries me is the lenght of the story. Im worried that the lots of avaliable races and the different plots for them could make the game a bit short. I dont want to be mean, im only writing this because i saw a recent released game suffering this. (Each race had one chapter and something, but i believe that was the intent of the author. )

Sorry for my english.

2 Likes

Ah, I think I can see the Problem. Sorry, my old explanations might have been a bit lackluster. Allow me to clarify it. The main Story will be the same for all 14 races, except for some particular scenes. However, all of the 14 races have their own individual side stories, that are still important for the main plot/storyline but not as extensive. Also, those side stories wonā€™t be finished in the first book. Instead they are split into several parts and spread throughout the entire story and series (as I said before I would really like to turn this project into a series of several books).

Iā€™m really sorry if I explained it wrong before, but I hope I could ease your worries with this answer.

16 Likes

Dont worry. Thats great to read. I wish you the best of luck and i will buy all your books for sure. Thnks for taking the time to answer.

2 Likes

Soā€¦has there been any actual progress since the last update? Or is it all just talk? Thereā€™s a demo but thatā€™s from ages ago.

1 Like

I did made quite a lot of Progress since I posted the original demo. However, since things havenā€™t been exactly smooth. I reworked and rewrote this story so many times by now that I lost Count and everytime I did so I basically made all the progress I achieved till that point useless. Also almost all of the ideas and concepts you find in the older post are non-valid by this point and have been long since swap through new ones. The current demo Iā€™m working on Right now is basically a completely different story compared to the one I started with and I hope to post it (or at least some sample of my recent work) as soon as possible.

Ultimately, its up to you if you believe me or not. I can understand if you have your doubts about my Project. I mean, Iā€™ve seen enough projects here myself where the authors promised the most incredible things but lastly never kept those promises or abandoned their projects altogether. However, I will try my best to not become such a author and will give it my all to fullfil all the things I promised. Still, I have to admit that I havenā€™t posted any actual progress in a long time and for that I apologize.

22 Likes

Thereā€™s obviously been some progress. Just because the author hasnā€™t posted the demo doesnā€™t mean anything.

Letā€™s not forget heā€™s created fourteen races with different abilities, all of which need to be coded. In addition, writing requires the author to be in the right mindset. They actually have to be in the mood to write. Some writers work faster than others but it can take some time. There have been authors that published their work years later.

So you have to factor in motivation, whether or not the author has writerā€™s block, whatā€™s going on in the authorā€™s life (because just like you and me the author has a life outside the forum), the author also has to plan and create the world they envision and thatā€™s just the life of an every day paper book author.

Figuring out different personalities for the MC and adding those as options, coding them, and the rest of the book on top of that isnā€™t easy and more often than not it isnā€™t quick work. So please keep that in mind.

20 Likes

Oh really Iā€™m surprised I honestly thought the archers ancestor would be atlanta

Can we know the personality of the three dragons for the rider.