Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

Welcome back, happy this is still around

1 Like

Grey wolves transforms into a full wolf during full moons right?

Well, it kind of is. It is also my favourite weapon from all the playable Soulmancer Classes.

Also, if you would like to know more about Lichtblick, I had here a little overview about its design in the story:

Lichtblick: A elegant silver Rapier, with a unique intricated design that easily sets it apart from other Soul Weapons. One of Lichtblicks most unique parts is itā€™s blade. While a Rapier is normally a weapon designed for thrusting Lichtblicks blade width is slightly larger, giving it both a significant cutting edge as well as a wider range of combat options. The blade also emits a soft light, which changes its color based one the emotional state of its holder. The emited light is powerful enough to brighten even the most darkest places. Another unique part of Lichtblick is itā€™s guard. The Guard consists of a dozen elegant silver ribbons, with one of the ribbons forming the knuckle bow, while the rest are arranged in a circular pattern to protect the Hand of itā€™s wielder. From the Guard onward the ribbons wrap themself around the base of the blade in a helical pattern, finishing Lichtblicks design on a elegant high note.

3 Likes

No they donā€™t. While Grey Wolves are still part of the werefolk, they arenā€™t as effected through the full moon like Werewolfs or other Werebeasts. The reason for this is, that through millenia of evolution the Grey Wolf Race was able to find a middle ground between there human and beast form, resulting in there current appearance. They basically have all the powers of there beast form, while still remaining a human-like appearance, which sets them apart and makes them kind of superior compared to other Werebeasts. However, this middle ground between their forms also brought several negative aspects that can be quite challenging for them.

5 Likes

Oh, right. I remember her from an older post. Sheā€™s like our great grandmother if I remember right. Awesome.

1 Like

Yep, something along those lines. She is also the one from which the Duelist MC inherited their unique abilities and skills.

5 Likes

What are the negative aspects?

Is the ā€œOld demoā€ link updated and just forgotten to change the name or Iā€™m very blind and canā€™t see the new link?

No, there isnā€™t a new link yet. The old link is simply the demo based on my first ideas.

1 Like

Itā€™s their beast blood and feral nature. Normally, Werebeasts are relatively normal while being in their human form but become more feral and agressive once they change into their Beast form. Since the Grey Wolf race lies between these two forms their beastly nature has a constant influence on them, which is the reason why many Grey Wolves are quite short-tempered and tend more than often to rather aggressive behaviour if they are provoked or interrupted during private moments, like feeding for example. You could say that they tend to act like wild Wolves would. This is the reason why Grey Wolves, if they want to live outside their communities, have to accept special precautions that keep their Beast Blood in check.

8 Likes

Are grey wolfs more susceptible to pheromones?
Like a succubusā€™ or other supernatural.

:fox_face:

I really want to choose the soulmancer with a gun and get the legendary pistol.

Suprisingly, no. They actually have a rather high resistance against such things like pheromones, due to their powerful heritage. However, there are still other certain factors that could have a strong influence on their behaviour.

Do you mean the Gunslinger or the Medic, since both of them carry legendary pistols?

1 Like

What happens if we throw a skunk at one?

Medic?

:fox_face:

I believe if you threw skunk at one, it would stink quite badly.

Well, for the first few moments they would probably be a little stunned due to their strong sense of smell. However, once they got over the initial shock it might be a good idea to start running, because now you got a extremly angry and badly smelling wolf at your heels.

Yes Medic. One of the eight playable Soulmancer Classes.

4 Likes

How fast would you need to run? This fast?

3 Likes

The gunslinger

Ah, ok. Yep the Gunslinger is a great choice, especially if you love some good old gunslinging action.

Also, some time ago I posted a little more detailed informations about Lawbringer (the weapon of the Gunslinger) and its creator. Here are said informations once again if you are interested and since I donā€™t know if you remember the old post:

Summary

Lawbringer appears as a black colored Revolver with silver platings, which are adored with elegant ornamentations. While its base model resembles a Colt Navy Revolver, it has a much more bulkier frame and lightly extended barrel, which both adds to his uniquness. Another unique characteristic of Lawbringer is its reloading mechanism. It possesses a top-break mechanism, which means that the barrel is hinged much like a door and that it can rotate perpendicularly to the bore axis to expose its cylinder. Also, another unique trait of Lawbringer is that its cylinder isnā€™t fixed in place like most other Revolvers. It can be removed and exchanged with another cylinder/magazine, which allows its user a more smooth change between amunition types.

The original holder and creator of this legendary Soul Weapon was a woman named Caitly Avens, a famous Gunslinger and Bounty Hunter. During her life she made a name for herself by capturing and killing (depending on the opponent) some of the most nefarious and infamous criminals (both human and non-human) within Europe, America and parts of Asia. However, one of her greatest acquisitions was the day as she put an end to the killing spree of one of the most dangerous killers in non-human history, Jack the Ripper.
Caitlyn was widely known for her excellent marksmanship. Only few could match her incredible aim and lightning fast reflexes. She was also quite famous for her unique fighting style, which involved the constant change between different destructive ammunition types by using Lawbringers unique reloading mechanism. For this, Caitly usually carried several cylinders loaded with different ammunition types (created with her own Soulenergy) with her, which she managed to swap in a matter of seconds thanks to her fast reflexes.
However, those who saw her in action often witnessed rather strange occurences. Many reported how Caitlyns opponents often seemed to move much slower than they usually would. Sometimes it even seemed like they would move in slow motion or would stop completely in the middle of the battle. Up to this day, there are those who wonder about these occurences or Caitlyns real powers and abilities. Some people even started to believe, that she might have made a deal with someone extremly powerful, to gain powers that lie far above the capabilities of a ordinary Soulmancer.

6 Likes

Can you give some information on medic lore and weapon.