Tyrant Dawn - a post-apoc Dictator sim

Can’t wait for more (+ 20 characters )

Liked the font you used or the size you used…not sure, its appealing to the eye.

Sent you an email over some error…wasn’t intentional just got caught up in clicking stuff to get out of the screen lol.

For now, some placeholder Character Cards.

The Tutorial has been updated with icons.

1 Like

The challenge system seems to be working.

Please check out (again) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/644231/choicescript-online/web/tyrant_dawn/index.html

Next up is to integrate Challenge assist via Companions and stat growth. And fix up the UI… smaller cards, maybe?

Error 404 bluepencil

@bluepencil i really like were this game is going and the whole consept! Keep up the great work i would love to play more :smiley:

The link should end with .html, not .html72.

I get an error trying to look at stats:

choice_script line 4: Non-existent variable ‘leadership’

Ah, yeah. Looks like I hadn’t cleaned up completely the original zipped tutorial files. I removed those variables in startup.txt. As of now the stats screen doesn’t do anything.

Fixed.

Say, anyone know if there’s a way I can mess with *image ? Is there a way I can use it to pick up and display a variable, as if something like

*set current_player_photo “char_id_001.jpg”
*image {current_player_photo} ?

*If character = type1
  *image type1.jpg

Thats all I can think of really

1 Like

Another thing I noticed is with the first challenge in Chapter 1 if you fail you have to restart the game. I also have not succeeded after 5 attempts…seems pretty hard for the first one.

Not really. You also have to restart on a victory. :wink: That’s because that’s as far as the demo’s been written.

The next part is supposed to show how assisting Companions add their abilities to your own. With the Protagonist’s 8 + Melisande’s 10 or 15, that makes the 25 difficulty check pretty easy to accomplish.

It’s still possible to succeed via random luck on your own.

I’m still in the middle of trying to figure out an easier ui via *gosub to char_id stacks than having to customize each encounter, and temporary bonuses and penalties for a chained challenge.

Error line 1222: Bad label intro_15

Fahk yeah, concatenation.

*temp player_id "char_001"
*temp char_001_name "Melisande"
*temp char_001_force_stat "10"
*temp char_001_charm_stat "10"
*temp char_001_reason_stat "10"
*temp char_001_favored_stat "charm"

*label concat_test

*temp player_id_name player_id & "_name"
*temp player_id_name {player_id_name}

*temp player_force_stat player_id & "_force_stat"
*temp player_force_stat {player_force_stat}

*temp player_charm_stat player_id & "_charm_stat"
*temp player_charm_stat {player_charm_stat}

*temp player_reason_stat player_id & "_reason_stat"
*temp player_reason_stat {player_reason_stat}

*temp player_favored_stat player_id & "_favored_stat"
*temp player_favored_stat  {player_favored_stat}

*if player_favored_stat = "force"
  *temp player_favored_stat_base player_force_stat
  *goto concat_continue
*if player_favored_stat = "charm"
  *temp player_favored_stat_base player_charm_stat
  *goto concat_continue
*else 
  *temp player_favored_stat_base player_reason_stat
  *goto concat_continue

*label concat_continue

${player_id}
${player_id_name}
${player_force_stat}
${player_charm_stat}
${player_reason_stat}
${player_favored_stat}
${player_favored_stat_base}

IT WOORKS. Character lists are a go. Now I can also call on any character without having to look up the specific char_id_(number) and a whole mess of *gosubs but by simply typing something like:

*set player_id “char_04”
*set opponent_id “char_12”

at the start of every challenge.

A concat block needs to exist only once, in the challenge script itself, completely uninvolved from the plot scenes. The character variables need to be set into one long list in startup.txt, but it’s now easier to figure in individual stat growth and training.

I didn’t realize this was actually possible the first time we tried this.

2 Likes

age does not change when story progress
in the 2th chapter it says i have a 10 year old younger sister when my character still says he is 8 or 9?

other then that i am really interested where your going with this?

keep it up, apart from some minor problems so far looks real good

ps just so i am clear, what link am i suposta use?

I am…intrigued. I’ve always wanted to play a game where you were able to rule an area like tropico but have a legit story with it. Hmmm and considering this is an apocalypse esque setting it will mean that there will be no long bureaucratic process that I will have to go through if I had perhaps desired the resources a nearby settlement may have. If there are more subversive elements inside of my new fiefdom that don’t agree with my actions well, as it is in Fallout. The house always wins.

Wooooo!!! Its back on track I thought i would never see this work of art( and i literally mean art, your characters and animals I remember from the first iteration were suburb!!) I’m so happy I want to cry!!
Ugh I mean a manly cry of joy not like scared child cry.

If “Steel Paladins” aren’t a reference to Fallout, I don’t know what is.

Is this game still in development?