Twisted Scene (WIP), an 80s Liverpool Music Scene Story -- Chapter 4 Updated 06-15-23

Is 40% the highest we can get in album stat so far?

For now? Yeah. There will be a total of 10 songs. You will write 7 of them including the one on chapter 2. I’m also contemplating a possibility to write a b-side for the band’s lead single. So there will probably be 11 or 12 songs on the entire book.

4 Likes

Minor Update

No actual new content, but the public and critics stat charts have been enchanced and will be impacted depend on the songs quality (whether you chose the right personality checks or not).

For Post Punk genre:

• Perfect song(4 successful personality checks) = +5 critics points and +3 public points.
  • 3 successful personality checks = +4 critics points and +2 public points.
  • 2 successful personality checks = +3 critics points and +1 public point.
  • 1 successful personality check = +2 critics points and no public point addition.
  • failed all personality checks = +1 critics point.

For New Wave it’s the same as Post Punk but reverse the points addition.

As for Indie Rock :

• Perfect song = +4 public and +4 critics.
  • 3 successful personality checks = +3 public and +3 critics.
  • 2 successful personality checks = +2 public and +2 critics.
  • 1 successful personality check = +1 public and +1 critics.
  • failed all personality checks = +1 public.

As the story progresses, there will be many ways to increase the public and critics charts, like the quality of the lead single, which producers you choose to help you, the record label that you want to be a part of, the persona that you put in interviews, etc. But it will be sometime until we get to that point :grin:, maybe after chapter 5 or 6.

There are some tweaks that I made:

• In the scene where you can hug or smile to your Mum, etc. Previously you always go to the same line in all choices. That was because of the mistakes that I made during the coding, but now all choices will have some differences in them.
  • I’ve Incorporated some of your advices, mostly regarding capitalizations, slang usages, and mixing of plurals and singulars(I have to admit this one is probably my biggest weakness, so if there are some that I missed out, feel free to let me know)
  • You can now keep track on the quality of the song that you made in stats screen, there’s a choice to check songs quality. Every successful personality check accumulates to +20% on the song’s quality. The first three songs are 100% by design.

And now that I’m here, I want to inform that chapter 3 is about halfway done. Expect an update hopefully in the next two weeks.

That’s all for now.

22 Likes

Enjoying whats in the demo so far! No character’s off their nutter like anyone I remember but if you wrote them realistically they’d be breaking a law every sentence :laughing:

I decide to crack a few joke about our situation and especially on our crap equipments and the crowd seem appreciative about my effort, some of them even reply with a joke of their own.

Might be an idea to write out those jokes and replies.
Looking forward to reading those updates!

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s a bug, but It doesn’t matter the choice I make it’s impossible to get 100% quality, I belive is the choice about Retrospective minor riff or Pumping major riff, because it none gives 20% in the end.

You’re right! I forgot to put the +20 on that one :sweat_smile:Thanks for the heads-up, I’ve added the +20. It should be alright now.

1 Like

Would be nice to have some suggestions for song names and band names.
I wonder what are people naming their bands? I named mine Post Modern Sleaze after a song by Sneaker Pimps and all my songs were named after two random bands I was listening at the moment. There is Star Koda, Twenty One Knots, and Pink Guano, that last one will be a hit someday, I’m certain.

Anyway, I really like the characters so far, especially Paul, even if he just insulted my new wave band lmao.

some stuff I spotted

Capitalize I.

Focused.

Silence.

Some bit of code.

Philosophical.

Ever since.

Call.

I think that’s a bit awkward, maybe rephrase it a bit?
Maybe “I wish I could have some of Paul’s confidence” or
“I have confidence in myself, my ego is just not as big as Paul’s.”?

This one I’m not certain but I think it should be “then why do you even bother talking to me?”

Drink. Stand.

Care less.

7 Likes

Mine is Timeout Trance… Don’t ask :laughing: I just took it with my eyes closed from band name generator.

I’m not going to mention songs titles. Too embarrassing xD

1 Like

Mockingbirds. Just because, I guess. I can see a band of the era and area having that as a name, for some reason. Song titles are single, uncapitalized words. First is babe, then is chippie, after that is allotment, and the one about Paula is pint.

1 Like

Named mine Angel Dust

So far it’s been:

Hfkdk
Dhsussk
Hil
Ueuej2
Iaaj

8 Likes

Named my band Nocturne! Also a save system would be so fucking dope

Love the game so far, a more detailed review is to follow once I finished my 1st playthrough.
Just stumbled over this error and wanted to let you know

2 Likes

I play game name “Popmundo” which is revolve around music industry so this kinda remind me of that game. I’m too shy to tell you about my band name :joy:

As much as I’d love to put some suggestions, I’m also suck with those. But as soon as I can come up with enough of them, I’ll implement it.

And also, the stuffs that you found are really helpful! I’m outside right now, but I’ll get round to it as soon as I can. Thank you so much.

That bug has been doing my head in for the last few days, because sometimes it works fine but on another that bug will pop up. I’ll give it a look once again, thanks for the heads up.

Will there be RO only for male MCs? Since Anton is for females?

I lacked any and all creativity and used a generator. Then fiddled around. Band name: Saving Lizards.:upside_down_face:

The next two ROs can be romanced by both genders.

2 Likes

paul is my favorite character so far and reading this gave the blur fan inside me a headache. haha but honestly, i see it now…

i played this game on dashingdon a few days ago and i loooved it. super fun, can’t wait to see more of it!! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

absolutely love the game and its contents. your writing style is also very entertaining to read in my opinion. would love to see more in the future

1 Like