Twisted Rise [WIP][UPDATE 03/09/2019]

What power will we have?

1 Like

@DontJudge Like I said in previous reply, without spoiling anything, all I can say is you’ll have Gravity Manipulation power.

1 Like

O nice.

1 Like

Haven’t read it yet but the concept sounds great. The writing style isn’t perfect but than again it’s one of the best ones Ive seen in a first time writer before. Just to note I would really appreciate it if you added in the ability to play as a villain. I recognize that it would probably be a lot of work. But I’ve played a number of games that allow the reader to take the role of a villain and they almost allways are not only wildly successful, but also just great books in general. On top of all of this I personally believe it would really just add a lot to your book. Thanks for reading, really hope writing the book goes well.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. Adding a Villain path is something I’ve been considering from the start, but I just have to make sure it fits with the story I’m trying to write. But it’s definitely on the list of ideas.

3 Likes

Alright just a couple of things I want to throw out there

I won’t have any means of returning." the agent says with worried and uncertain voice. “Do what you must Agent, we cannot let this DAMN thing escape!” The Captain was getting more and more desperate every passing minute. This was his chance, he finally had it in his grasp.
First, there’s a A missing after the agent says. Second once again really like the concept, but still I feel that if you wanted to, there more descriptive ways to integrate the characters emotions into the story. For instance when you write “the agent says with worried and uncertain voice.” You could instead say(and just a suggestion) “the agent said worriedly a uncertain tremor entering his voice.”

1 Like

Hey there dudes, before I move forward with any updates and story in general, I wanted to know what type of theme you wanted for Twisted Rise.

Dark & Mature: This theme is pretty straight forward. Blood, Gore, Violence, Explicit stuff. Emotional and Dark, etc.

Lighthearted: This involves very little of the stuff mentioned above, and is not dark and emotional like the other theme.

• Dark & Mature
  • Lighthearted

0 voters

6 Likes

Thanks, I like that. I’ll try using it, but I’m not sure if I can pull it off :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I kinda already thought it would be dark cuz of the title…

The simple answer to the poll is “write what you want to write”. I personally voted for dark and mature because I don’t want you to censor yourself. My preference would actually probably be lighthearted and mature, depending on what you consider mature to be. You seem to have emotional lumped in there for some reason.

A word of warning though: It’s a usually a bad idea to go full grimdark. Things like killing off characters or adding rape only because “It’s supposed to be dark. I have to do this” cheapens the story. Also gore is fine but adding entire paragraphs describing it is overkill. These are traps I’ve seen others fall into.

4 Likes

Yea like with the dark I thought u meant like we could have the option to kill people not things like rape and torture…

When it comes to a Superhero Story, And wanting to do a dark and mature story, don’t think you can’t have lighthearted moments in the story. Because at the end of the day its a Superhero Story and being able to know when to when to insert lighthearted moments in a dark and mature story makes for a good blend. As opposed to making the entire story just dark and serious the whole way through.

4 Likes

And things like killing off a character, etc should only be applied if its a means to further the plot.

1 Like

There is no need to worry, all the stuff that I include in, whether dark or light, will be according to the story, and not because I want it. This is a story that is gonna portray the ups and downs of the protagonist. I want people to feel the story and the impact it has on their character, not scenes that are just there.

2 Likes

The title is actually a sort of working title, it is subject to change :+1:t2:

You can kill people. As far as rape and torture are concerned, I don’t think this story requires that. I mean you’re pretty much a kid learning about the world you’re gonna be part of. Extreme content will only be added if it helps the story, not for the sake of making it dark

3 Likes

1 Like

Howdy,

New update for Twisted Rise is here!!

Added the stats screen, along with more Chapter 1 and choices.
Now however, you can only choose your gender between Male and Female. I took away the non-binary option, because I felt that I had no idea how to write the route involving that option. I would only end up messing it up, so it’s better to not do it at all. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

3 Likes

Um, a…typo here:

Chris is my friend. I’m glad to have him with you.

Should be me instead.

Thank you buddy :+1: