Twisted Gold (WIP) [Chapter 2 1/1/2023]

Still reading, but I just got back to the Inn after having my coinpurse stolen, and Rhene and Rory approached me acting like itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve met them, very similarly to when they met me before the bath the night before.

2 Likes

Thanks! ^~^, as of right now there isnā€™t a poly route planned, the only one I could see working is with Lyle and August and Mc, but I need more time to explore their dynamic before I make any decisions one way or the other.

Will fix these right away.

Had a few comments like this, I wanted to not have them react with too much familiarity, but Iā€™ll add some changes to show more recognition especially for those who have spoken more in-depth as well as adjusting the capital questionā€™s wording for those who have already touched on the topic.

Thanks so much for the feedback and reading!

2 Likes

chose to be charming/playful, but the polite part shows up

1 Like

Fixed lol

Question. Do you have any idea what the stats are gonna be or are you still working on that?

1 Like

Iā€™m not remotely sure what I want stats to be outside of the current personality stats on display. I do not see much point in a combat/magic stat as the mc begins with a fairly impressive level of training and will see natural progression throughout the story. Aside from something like charisma and stealth I donā€™t see a whole lot of use and even with the aforementioned I donā€™t have anything planned that would make them necessary. Twisted Gold isnā€™t really a stat based game at the moment, but if anyone has ideas for some stats they might like to see in-game Iā€™m certainly open to adding some.

Not having combat/magic stats is subject to change but unlikely due to the structure of the story.

3 Likes

I enjoyed it so far!!

1 Like

Great story so far
I just have a question.
What happens if you reject the siblings at the end?
Do they follow you without you knowing? or theyā€™re not in the story anymore?

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™m happy to hear it! :grin:

You will see them again, fairly soon in fact. I do not have the wherewithal to have dismissible companions lol.

4 Likes

Im fine with keeping the magic/combat stats out as itā€™s mostly a cliche, where the MC is already experienced.

However, Iā€™d like to advocate for a mental health stat, one where we see our progress as we continue through the story and choose option which can affect our mental health positively/negatively. Perhaps, when one strays to one extreme of said stat, you can employ a ā€˜mental stateā€™ that unlocks, and which will force the MC to act according to the ā€˜mental stateā€™ in certain situations based on the circumstances.

3 Likes

Ahhhhh I am really enjoying this! Just wanted to pop in and say GREAT JOB, really like the world and characters, canā€™t wait to read more! Cheers :heart:

Ps. I just noticed something, apologies if you are already awareā€¦did you realize that saves get deleted if you leave the site then come back? I thought maybe you had updated while I was away and thatā€™s why my save was erased, but it has happened a couple of times now.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really great idea, I have something similar in place already With the panic attacks but a more indepth system for mental health would be an almost necessary step to giving players agency over how well the player learns to (or doesnā€™t) cope with their existing trauma and that which is yet to come. As for the last bit, I absolutely cannot offer comment at this time x.x

Thank you so much! It means a lot to hear and Iā€™m really glad you enjoyed.

As for the saves, I have no control over them other than the line of code to enable them. I did update frequently with small fixes for a week or so after release but saves would only break upon changing variables (which I didnā€™t do). The only thing I could think of is if your browsers cookies were set to automatically delete as thatā€™s where (i believe) the save data is stored.

On another note, I have mentioned that I am unhappy with the current state of a lot of the choices and want to implement a consistent basis for them. Currently almost all of them are in 2nd person, but I feel there are areas where that doesnā€™t work as well as first, and I feel that there are choices that wouldnā€™t work the same way in first.

So hereā€™s a poll I guess. If it works lol.

• Choices in first person perspective with no deviation
  • Choices in second person perspective with no deviation (current build)
  • Choices in first person with some deviation (choices such as the customization will remain as is)
  • Choices in second person with some deviation (unsure exactly how this will look, likely it will be the least professional with its switches)
  • Other Suggestion (comment on this post)
0 voters

Thanks again to those of you who have read and commented, I hope you enjoy and Iā€™ll bring more as soon as Iā€™m able.

9 Likes

This was well good, and super well written. Iā€™m excited to see where this goes, and by God do I love our new friend that we made at the bandit camp.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Your praise is incredibly nice to hear. Iā€™m happy you love the calasso and he loves you just as much!
ā€“also if I could take only one quote to tell somebody; it would be ā€œthis was well goodā€ ^~^

================================================================================
A bit of a progress report: Iā€™m working away at the two main paths for the majority of chapter two and at my currents rate it should be somewhere between 20-30 days before itā€™s finished, Iā€™ll take about a week to look it over and make changes and then itā€™ll be ready for release.

Iā€™d like to thank everybody who has read for their interest in the story and hope I can deliver an even better experience through chapter two. If anybody has any suggestions or hopes for chapter two and beyond, as always I am more than happy to hear them!

Good day to everyone and I hope to see you soon.

34 Likes

Progress update: The bit I was working on as of previous post ended up getting quite a bit bigger than I expected it to, as such projected release for chapter two is now late-may to mid june. It should end up being about the same size a chapter one.

This is also the chapter where you meet the other two -three? >:) ROā€™s.

34 Likes

Awesome! This is one of my most enjoyed and anticipated WIPS! Looking forward to chapter 2!

1 Like

:flushed: thanksā€¦

A small progress update: progress has been made; I will progress again.

(mid-june release)

21 Likes

Just found this WIP and like it so far (especially MC cursing us for making them blush), but I did notice that my stats didnā€™t change after picking stoic/cold options. iirc(been years since I played with choicescript tho), opposed pairs are only affected by one variable, so instead of ā€œstoic +02ā€ in code, it should be ā€œplayful -02ā€

Ah, thanks! I didnā€™t know that, Iā€™ll get that fixed for chapter 2ā€™s release in a week or so. Thanks again for the help :slight_smile:

7 Likes