TV Shows & Movies

Just finished watching the last episode of American Gods. (I know it’s been out for a while but I don’t watch a heap of TV.) Amazingly put together, unusual mythology show, although pretty dark and gory in places. (Almost turned it off part way through the 1st episode, glad I persisted.) I got onto that series via a recommendation from a friend after watching Legion, which has a similar overall tone (although it has a lot more of the trippy dream sequences and different subject matter.) Can anyone think of any series that are similar in tone to these two? I don’t think either of these have another series coming out for quite a while.

Howabout Westworld ? Lots of philosophy there , and Beyond? Both deal with Dream too :slight_smile:

Just looked it up. Never been a big fan of westerns usually, but that looks like it could be interesting :slight_smile:

Lol, i think you already realise that is not western story at all right? :slight_smile:

Seriously lots of philosophy had been debate about the moral of the story , let me know in season 1, what the female protagonist try to achieve in your opinion :slight_smile: i don’t spoil too much now…

Just finished How I Met Your Mother, sad to see that end for me, though I was of the opinion that the final double episode was a bit rushed and slightly bittersweet, even if the ending was nice and went a direction I hadn’t expected. Guess I have to find another longish comedy series on Netflix now, though Friends From College and Series of Unfortunate Events ought to scratch my Cobbie and Neil itches… :hugs:

Bojack Horseman is nearly back, but Paradise PD is amusing me in the meantime. Word of warning, in case you want to watch it happens to be pretty… graphic in some aspects, though still funny, especially the race relations episode…

The Movie and Entertainment Thread

Meanwhile, here’s a poll

• Like It
  • Hate It
  • Can’t Decide

0 voters

What do you think about TTG

how about ‘Don’t care’ option ?

I grow up with these comics…

so I loved that version . Unless you are talking about the cartoon version where everyone is like a miniature kid ?

my favorite was raven ! I had a crush on her so bad lol

When Go! Came out I was apart of the crowd that hated it, but now I don’t care that much.

That cartoon became something I’d watch when nothing else was on.

The main thing I hate is CN airing it 24/7 365. I mean come on!

They have other better shows that deserve more screen time damn it!

I like GO! I watch it every time

My favorite character is Robin…

images%20(2)

How about the latest show
“Teen Titans No!”

Thank you! Okay so here’s the thing. We can’t really get mad at the producers of teen titans for doing this because they’re just catering to this generation’s audiences. Kids now a days love this stuff. So yeah, I mean whatever I certainly don’t like it but my kid brother does lol. I remember the old teen titans and singing along with the theme song as a kid “when there trouble you know who to call”… Oh by the way did anyone hear that teen titans original is coming back for season 6!

Zing!

Switching gears, how about that Better Call Saul finale? Powerful stuff.

Anyone here I can scream about the Good Omens trailer with?

It looks funny , but where is Rose when Dr Who is already there ? :slight_smile:

So I just saw the trailer for the 2019 Aladdin remake. I remember watching the original animation on VHS…
Oh boy, that memory does make me feel old. :tired_face:

Favourite and current TV shows
Got
American gods
Star trek tng
Battlestar galactica
Westworld
Daredevil
Legion
X men the animated series.
Spartacus. Shame the og actor died. Dam you cancer. Dam you!
download

Movies.
The original Star wars movies
Marvel movies.
Silence of the lamb
Brazil
Pulp Fiction
Green mile
Godfather
Jurassic park
Back to the future 1 and 2
And i could count more but hellheim awaits me so I wont.

You can tell so much by fandoms…
My Top 10 TV Shows (leave yours below!)

1. FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS
  2. LOST
    3.The Mighty Boosh
  3. RUPAUL’s Drag Race
  4. Veronica Mars
  5. United States of Tara
  6. Walking Dead
  7. Firefly
  8. Spaced
  9. Charmed (original)