TV shows anyone?

I’m far more of a TV person than a movie person. Any shows you all love? Not just cable as well, but streaming service originals such as Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (love that one).

Currently I just got done wih season 1 of Mr. Robot, and I’m waiting to continue because I promised to keep from watching ahead for the sake of a friend. I’ve also been loving the newest season of Mystery Science Theater, and an unexpected gem called Mad Dogs is also on my radar.

Leverage is always a good call IMHO

At the moment I’m a lover of Netflix and their original series. At the moment I’m a big fan of Voltron Legendary Defender and Stranger Things, those two shows rule my life whenever they come out. I also love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and American Horror Story.

iZombie was the most recent gem I found. I’d also recommend a Canadian cop drama: Rookie Blue (probably one of the most overlooked series going), if you’re up for something without fantasy elements.

My current obsession is Outlander. I love the actors, the characters (except Randall he can fuck himself but I love the actor), the costumes, everything! The romance is adorable and the actors’ chemistry is amazing! One big reason I wanted to start watching the show for a long time and why I love it it’s because it’s historical and I love history and the people’s reaction about Claire being extremely ahead of their time is believable (funny how these two things are similar to what I’m studying lol). I have yet to finish season 1 because of my busy schedule, but I’m a bit wary of the following seasons since they are no longer about a modern woman (in contrast to 18th century) trying to survive in a completely different time etc. Oh well we have to wait and see :blush:

Ps. FRANK DESERVED BETTER!

Vikings, Last Kingdom, GoT (though I like the books more)

As for the older ones, I loved Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire.

If it’s swords and shields or mob and crime, I’ll like it.

Generally prefer films but do enjoy a cheeky chuckle with Brooklyn Nine Nine once in a while!

I tend to rewatch the same show over and over 24/7 for weeks or even months on end (I mean, it’s on constantly) and maybe watch a different show when I eat or if I feel like catching up on a show I like. I’ve watched Grey’s Anatomy, Law and Order: SVU, How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, Parks and Rec, The Office, and Brooklyn 99 this way. (Currently I’m rewatching SVU. HIMYM remains my most watched show; I must have watched it all the way through 30, 40 times. No, I’m not exaggerating.)

Now, for shows I watch like a normal person: Stranger Things, Orange Is the New Black, Brooklyn 99 (when I’m not binging it), American Horror Story, Harlots, Downton Abbey, Victoria… I’m sure there are others I can’t remember right now. Hands-down though, Brooklyn 99 is my favorite. It’s such a quality show, and Andy Samberg is a good dude.

I actually like Dark Matter, too bad it was cancelled…

Dark Matter possess intriguing story line , interesting galactic political struggle and above all, charming characters

Kinda turned needlessly complicated after season 2 also everyone was a jerk besides one and hacker girl
Luckily there is a comic book

Dark Matter was a good one, but season 2 was definitely a downward slide. The fact that it ultimately culminated in Four abandoning his friends for the sake of revenge killed it for me.

Also, I didn’t care much for Nyx. I otherwise love the show, even though my roommates dismissed it as a low rent Canadian Firefly.

Mum and I have just started watching Series 2 of The Crown on Netflix, which is a great Original Series if you like Historical Dramas, with Claire Foy as the young Elizabeth and former Doctor Who star Matt Smith as her husband Prince Phillip.

Rick and Morty, Archer and Bojack Horseman are all Adult Animation shows I totally binge on when they arrive on Netflix. Also enjoy the Dreamworks animated shows like All Hail King Julian and Puss In Boots.

Been getting into the Ken Burns documentaries lately, helps me understand American History better than I have tended to, and now I want to visit the Civil War battlefields if I ever get the chance to zip over to the USA again. When I want to chill and have a nice relaxing show with a nice relaxed voice, I also have found Bob Ross and his painting shows to be great.

I do have a lot of stuff to catch up on, mostly Marvel shows like Daredevil, The Gifted and the current season of Agents of SHIELD. I also want to see Clone Wars to sate my Star Wars itch until Han Solo is out, and once it’s actually finished I’ll probably finally see Game of Thrones and see what the fuss is about. And Stranger Things. And the rest of Breaking Bad. And the Arrowverse. And Westworld. And Once Upon A Time. And Orange is the New Black. And Bob’s Burgers. And…

@Natman1025 @lovinglydull

Yeah i understand, part of the intriguing attraction was that the characters were not flawless … they have their own agenda and selfishness , but that was part of the Choices they needed to made… just like some of the difficult choices we needed to made in interactive novel …

I like ONE too, he was the “Face” of the crew, and i am sad for his demise :frowning:

But the plot is deep, and i like to think about the reasons behind the plot…

I’m not usually a TV show person, the only reason why I subscribed Netflix is to watch Lemony Snicket’s series of unfortunate event :clown_face:

Brooklyn nine nine and stranger things!

I have the box set DVDs of all 10 seasons of FRIENDS. I forgot other TV shows exist. :speak_no_evil:

:thinking: TV shows that I love… :thinking:

Click Me!

Stranger Things
Marvel’s Daredevil
Marvel’s Jessica Jones
Mr Robot
Better Call Saul
Halt and Catch Fire
Godless
BoJack Horseman
The Crown
Billions

HAPPY!.

it may not be for everyone tho.

American Vandal

A very funny satire on true crime shows

I’m rewatching The Office. I never watched later seasons, so those are new to me.

I’m behind on Brooklyn 99 and Agents of Shield. I also have to watch Punisher, and slog through the last of Iron Fist so I can watch Defenders.

I’m way behind on the Expanse. I tried watching season 2 and I had forgotten so much. I need to just binge the whole thing.