Turncoat Chronicle (political fantasy) - updated 24-APR-23

@Hazel I still think this game needs to give a compelling plot reason for overthrowing the King. If need be, the MC could get to pick from a list of justifications the way Guen’s motives are probed in @jeantown’s Guenevere. As the eldest child of the King, the MC is probably already the heir so the MC has less to gain by risking betraying the King. There will also need to be a compelling reason given for not immediately betraying Morun and Crow if the MC chooses to side with the King.

If adoption of heirs suffices to grant royal lineage, then there also needs to be a plausible reason given for even bothering with a wedding instead of both the MC and Morun adopting the same person as heir.

“Precious” definitely does not work in my opinion because I suspect most people will not know what it means in this context. I suggest “bleeding-heart” instead.

I do agree that the MC should not be forced by the game to reveal to Teven the existence of the Kidia claimant until and unless the MC rejects Morun’s path. Until the MC rejects Morun’s path, Teven should not be told anything the MC cannot afford for the King to learn. Just by telling Teven about a claimant, it increases the odds of the King learning about the claimant and worse still investigating the claimant. So the MC basically is sentencing Teven to death when it was unnecessary to reveal such information so early.

5 Likes