True false display stat / on choice

Im trying to make a title display (I already looked at the wiki and didnt understand if its even possible).

So lets say I have three false variables Rebel, militant, and politician.

*create rebel false ect.

I want the title to display on a true statement in the stat menu

#you picked rebel life.

In the stats I want it to display that you are a rebel. So it should be “If you picked rebel life display rebel title in stat menu.”

The other thing I was having an issue with is basically the same thing but on a variable like “if you [interrogated] display another choice option”. Or would I be confusing that for some sort of check?

I hope this all makes sense. I put it all in one post so I dont spam dumb questions.

For your first problem the way to do it is:

*if rebel = true
  You are a Rebel
  *stat_chart
    percent rebel_stat_1
    percent rebel_stat_2
    percent rebel_stat_3

*if militant = true
  You are a Militant
  *stat_chart
    percent militant_stat_1
    percent militant_stat_2
    percent militant_stat_3

*if politician = true
  You are a Politicain
  *stat_chart
    percent politician_stat_1
    percent politician_stat_2
    percent politician_stat_3

About your second problem:

*fake_choice
  #Choice 1
  *if interrogated = true
    #Choice 2

These two should work.

2 Likes

Ok ok ok ok so the title of 'rebel 'cannot simply be true or false it has to be assigned some sort of value before it can be displayed?

I am not sure I understand, title in stats screen this way will be based on what path you are on which will be true/false.

To answer your question, “rebel” can be either true or false, that’s the only value you need to display it. You can write it as HWKEye did:

*if rebel = true
  You are a Rebel

You can also use multireplace to do this:

@{rebel You are a rebel.|}
@{militant You are a militant.|}
@{politician You are a politician.|}
2 Likes
*if (rebel)
*if (rebel)
  You're a rebel.

choicescript_stats.txt

*if (rebel)
  You're a rebel.

I took a break for a couple days because I was dogging this out and im new to it. I tried the solutions and I get

choicescript_stats line 4: invalid line; this line should start with ‘percent’, ‘text’, or ‘opposed_pair’

And this is the code I provided to stats

*Stat_chart
	*if (lividprophets)
	text Livid Prophets

Also I think the code did set my false statement to true so thats no longer an issue. I just need the display that you are apart of this faction now.

Am I confused on the format and what Im allowed to do here? Thanks for helping me with something that must be simple.

You should put the stat chart after the *if, like this:

*if (lividprophets)
  *stat_chart
    text Livid Prophets
2 Likes
  1. Stat_chart can’t have other functions inside of it.
  2. Fix your indents! Lord almighty! Ignore everything else and focus on getting your indents down properly.
*if (lividprophets)
  *stat_chart
    text Livid Prophets
1 Like

This is making me laugh for the rest of the night because thats most of my errors when im going. Ill go reread the original format. Thanks for the help though!

I appreciate the reply I got it first try. I thought I was just being a noob.

1 Like

So im going to keep moving forward on my story however I had one last question.

Why does it display like this?

lividprophets: true

When it should be

Livid Prophets.

Is this another skill issue and im not reading something correctly? Other than that everything is fine and this doesnt really merit a response but I appreciate it none the less cause of my OCD.

That’s because it’s how *stat_chart displays the variable you include after text. It will show the contents of the lividprophets variable (true/false in this case).

If you just want a simple line, you can scrap the *stat_chart and use an *if statement with Livid Prophets underneath.

1 Like

Yep, as Kshatriya noted, it’s displaying how the computer reads your variable, not how you want your reader to see it.

Ironically the solution to this is to make it less complicated. Going back to my first post in this thread:

*if (lividprophets)
  Livid Prophets
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.