Triaina: Academy - WIP - Update 1.27 - 12/29/2023

“Demo update tomorrow” - Tumblr
Nice :smiley:

Little scenario from a old meme haha

L: “If you bite and you die, it’s poisonous. If it bites you and you die, it’s venomous.”

S: “What if it bites me and it dies?”

F: “That means you’re poisonous, mongrel, learn to listen.”

E: “What if it bites itself and I die?”

L: “It’s voodoo.”

R: “What if it bites me and someone else dies?”

L: “That’s correlation, not causation.”

MC: “What if we bite each other and neither of us die?”

M: “That’s kinky ;D”

P: “The f*ck!?”

31 Likes

Update!
The current demo of Triaina: Academy has been updated to include additional content including but not limited to:

• New job specialization scenes. Get to build your MC further along one of the chosen background or focus on studying your newfound S.T.E.M. capabilities with Rachael.
  • Reveal of each RO’s powers through documentation.
  • a couple small flavor scenes for each RO depending on your chosen route.
  • Introduction of a couple new side characters, and scenes with existing side characters.
  • Build up to the festival dating scenes.

There’s more in the works, but it’s in a polishing stage at the moment and I wanted to get this out to you all for a while now! I hope you enjoy my work, and have fun with it haha

100 Likes

It’s an early Christmas present!

Oi @LeoXII

@LeoXII

The game breaks for me when going down the P RO path and you hit the gym section.

discovery line 2373: Invalid expression, couldn’t extract another token: 'd like to become more intimate with ${sleeper_name}…

I would send a photo but account is not trusted yet I think.

Thank you o lord leo, i hope i get to pat V

1 Like

Yay! Going to read now :grin:

These issues should be resolved now! Thank you for your help

1 Like

During the gym scene in Ps route and you try to team up with her it doesn’t finish and connects to the next section

also if you try and fight aginst P this pops up
discovery line 2372: Invalid expression, couldn’t extract another token: 'd like to become more intimate with ${sleeper_name}…

alright, now it should be good, I believe

keep in mind that you will need to reclick the link to load the updated version with the hotfixes

4 Likes

I knew it was SUS for this wip to open up just before Christmas :smirk::thinking:
Anyways thanks Santa (cough, cough) I mean @LeoXII
Best Christmas present for me :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
5c5bdb69019238be40bcd9b7bfd69944a6d5300d0c049b041af8657b355f4597
46ffa76552da2f91017b08ee49aa662abd19ff701b5f89b2bc52e9bbc3dd0219

4 Likes

it is indeed good now

Writing this as I play, so it might be a little messy:

At one point the game says the schedule is accessible through the stats screen, but I don’t see it?

I’d have to replay to be ABSOLUTELY sure, but I’m REASONABLY sure I picked brown hair?

There’s two uncapitalised "she"s at the start of sentences (might be related to how you have the code handle pronouns), and I’m pretty sure you mean “thin SMILE”. Also, “lazy goodbye”.

I don’t know if I hate or love Simon for the way he handles P (probably hate - you’re not just punishing P, you’re actively inflicting them on an innocent), but he IS a magnificent bastard, and I can at least RESPECT that.

I have no corrections here, I just find these standards hilarious. “To prove you are a suitable match, do you have a pulse?” On the other hand, I’ve MET F. “Having a pulse” might make me overqualified.

Holy crap, I was expecting follow-ups, but that is LITERALLY THE ONLY CRITERIUM! Though, again, having met F, I understand the aide can’t afford to be picky.

“bearing” not “baring”. “bearing” is “importance”, “baring” is what Snipper just did to herself in my bathroom. Same thing further down in the same screen, during Hoff’s lecture.

Ok, so in these screens, Fiore is the name of both the aide:

And the royal:

Here F gives the right name, but the “Forêt” got wonky.

Maybe it’s just me (not a native speaker), but I have NO idea what that last sentence means. EDIT: Ok, checking the next screen, I THINK I know what you meant (a mention that Leah’s there), but I don’t feel like you’ve worded it very well?

If I understand correctly, the three people whose rooms you visit after the communal dinner don’t affect anything, so I’m not really sure there’s a point in limiting it to three?

Break time!

1 Like

Their online dating profile reads, “Looking for a man. Or woman. Hell, I’ll take a dog, I’m not picky.”

5 Likes

As long as the dog isn’t dead, apparently.

EDIT: Back to the game!

I think this scene is the “pick your powers” choice. If so, I feel like we should get more details about them before picking. Even if you make them mechanically interchangeable in the game, it’s a pretty big thematic choice to make with pretty much no information.

“pressure bears down”

“claimed a life” or “made a casualty”. Also, probably a “second pair of hands”, not a “secondary”. I give you ALL the bonus points for knowing the difference between a hypothesis and a theory. ALL THE BONUS POINTS. Also, Rachael is hilarious. My MC is still going to complain about her, but she’s hilarious.

Goddamn you people, “actually, we were ALL in on the almost killing you thing” is not the defence you seem to think it is. Why are these people allowed to be in charge of teenagers? Funny, Rosaline, but worrying.

Oh, just noticed the scheduling app is up on the stats screen now. Either it takes loading a game to show up or it comes online later than the game tells you it does.

“your unique capabilities”

Yeah, seeing as you get the romance pick at this point, limited to the people you’ve visited earlier, there doesn’t really seem to be any usefulness to limiting the room visits to three.

I think this is supposed to be “the moroseness of HER/HIS face”?

The “Approach Juno/Gaul/Lewis” choice has put me on an endless loop. I had to reload to the start of the scene. IF I understand what’s happening correctly, the game gives you three gos at the choice and gives you the option to progress. However, it doesn’t make an option you’ve already picked unavailable, so you can actually make the pick more than three times, and if you do the option to progress disappears and never shows up again.

This choice also doesn’t blur already picked options:

Aaaand I’ve reached the end of the demo. I’m SORELY tempted to replay to check out the other romance picks, but I think I’m going to save that for when the game is fully out. Really liked it (I mean, I wouldn’t go to the trouble with the screenshots if I didn’t, so I guess that’s obvious?), will definitely keep an eye on it.

There’s over 1300 posts already, so I suppose you already got every possible suggestion on the romances that there could possibly be, so I’m going to come out of left field here and for “hope to see for the future” I’ll put down “more focus on the classes.” Pretty much every CoG game that takes place at a learning facility feels like it could’ve taken place anywhere for all the focus and importance they put on the classes, so I’d like to see a bit more of those.

5 Likes

“he” should be “she”

1 Like

My hair color is rustic brown not not red hair

1 Like

I’m quite excited to see where this project goes. I’d say this has massive potential, so far it’s getting performed correctly for a rough draft. Though, I’m aware this project got wiped and restarted, when did this restart occur?
Anyhow, I’ll be tuned for awhile. Hmu if you need a crash pair of eyes or something.
Good writing.

8 Likes

Oh no :frowning_with_open_mouth:, I wasn’t aware that the project got restarted, I’m really looking forward to further explore my romance with Raven

1 Like