Triaina: Academy - WIP - Update 1.27 - 12/29/2023

Exactly. Kind of like Edward and Alphonse Elric from FMA. They lived with Winry and her grandma after their Mom died and Dad went MIA. And Ed still went after Winry :grin:

God, this made me realise how much I loved FMA:Brotherhood😅

4 Likes

As much as I liked the game I always thought the option to romance your step sibling was really skeezy and gross so I’m really glad it was changed to childhood friend.

3 Likes

48 Likes

Greetings,

To be frank, I believe that the “tabooness” of incest nowadays is a very exaggerated and overstated taboo. However, I do understand why some people would be against it, with one of the main reasons I hear about being the birth defects that the child could receive because of the inbreeding. But this is a fictional game and the sibling in question is that of a step-sibling which means that there will be a relatively normal chance for birth defects similar to couples who have children with birth defects despite not being in an incestuous relationship.

Whilst it is reassuring to hear that E’s personality won’t change that much following this change and I do agree that one of the main reasons as to why I love E is because of her energetic personality but one of the main appeals of her route as well I would say is that her route is rarely seen or explored in games like this but also because of how thrilling and how much of a somewhat forbidden love vibe it gives off due to them being step-siblings and all. And with this change it would remove that aspect as a whole and replace it with one that is generic and inferior to it in my opinion.

I know, I know but I would just like to let my opinion and suggestions to be heard akin to those people who also seemed to pressure the author to change E’s role to the MC.

I would usually sign my username here but it’s against the rules for some odd reason so I’ll just write a different alias here,
GhostScotch

9 Likes

I personally would prefer the sibling but not because romance. I always liked having siblings in the game, to protect and to talk to etc. But that’s my personal opinion. But this is not our game. The author can do w.e they want. They can turn E into a gigantic potato that shoots out french fries. Artistic freedoms and what not.

Also signing names are unnecessary outside of professional environments. But what do I know.

13 Likes

Hey there! Been a lurker since 1.02 and I have to say I have been loving this work and it is my favorite wip! I’m really looking forward to romancing a certain foul-mouthed team leader as a foul-mouthed team leader haha!

5 Likes

The topic of incest is closed as of now.

The author has made a change, has seen feedback for and against its inclusion and has made a final decision.

Please respect @LeoXII regarding this matter and forgo any further discussion of it.

51 Likes

Thank you all for voicing your thoughts. I attempt to take all of your considerations to heart, and it always pains me to realize I won’t be able to provide something satisfying for everyone. Nevertheless, I try my hardest to create characters people can enjoy and have fun with, without being criticized for selecting and enjoying them. My biggest priority as a writer is to provide an entertaining escape for you haha.

@Bluebunny9 Thank you so much for your support! I hope I’m able to provide a worthwhile read for you in the future haha

Thank you for my next character idea haha

@eXwhYZee Yes

I never like pulling that card, so I’m glad someone did it for me haha

Due to the rewrite, and whether or not I decide to elongate/split apart existing chapters I already have, I can’t give an answer to that haha.

That’s a much different form of story telling than I associate with my game haha. I prefer to keep the narrative in line with what the MC experiences.

I’m grateful for your excitement haha, but unfortunately I have no specified time in mind. Once I’m close to the finish line, believe me, I’ll let you know haha.

This is an idea I’ve tossed around on my tumblr and discord as a secondary series of sorts, yes haha. Of course, this is extremely forward thinking, after I’ve completely finished TA as a whole. Only time will tell what comes haha.

Yes. Thank you for playing! I hope you enjoyed it haha.

Somewhat, although I’ve put a little more emphasis on describing it this go around, so it is probably more apparent now haha.

Overall I’m at least glad the discussion did not spiral, and was kept civil. For that I’m grateful and proud of you all haha. I hope going forward I will be able to provide something worthwhile for you to read

32 Likes

New drinking game idea: take a shot everytime @LeoXII says “haha” :joy:

13 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend it. You’ll be blacked out before noon haha

30 Likes

You know it’s raven lol😗 i love the re write and thank you for the hard work, i love the new introductions

Well, I’m glad to see that V is still the fan favorite. I’ll be honest though, I liked them better before the rewrite. V initially came off as a very stoic, and very trigerhappy, individual who had hauntingly painfull depths hidden behind that stoicism. Now it seems that the pain is at the forefront. In my opinnion the change makes V into a much less compelling character.

1 Like

Man I’m loving this rework. Damn awesome! :+1:

2 Likes

Progress Report

Heya everyone! The previous week’s been pretty good as far as writing goes haha

I’ve basically completed the new shift in MC background. I only have to switch a couple other scenes to include the new changes so everything stays structurally sound haha

I’ve also added a couple new things into the code, like choices for hair and eye color, and hair length that’ll be reflected during certain points in the game much like the height variable, so look forward to that bit haha.

I’ve also completed the majority of the first class. This time around I’ve made it a little more expansive haha hopefully it’ll pique some people’s interest, since it’ll also include some bits of information about the world.

Overall, I’ve been working hard to flesh out the world bit by bit more solidly than the last version did, along with a bit more MC customization and interactions between the characters.

I also have plans to add a few new scenes both expanding upon the MC background, as well as new scenes expanding more on the ROs haha

As an added note, if you enjoy my work, consider supporting me on Patreon, where you can access to much more comprehensive weekly updates and future plans going forward, weekly character Q&A sessions, early looks at artworks I commission, and monthly short stories of ROs voted on by the community!

75 Likes

Hi @LeoXII small question, I’ve gone through your revised work a number of times and for me Vee is the only one (from what I know) who has a weapon. Will my MC have one as well like a staff for example? Or will my MC have a specific item in correlation to his/her power. Like a pocket watch to slow or stop time.

Heya! I’m sorta glad you asked haha. The short answer is yes, if you choose either the orphan or military routes, you’ll gain access to weapons. None of them will be firearms, but they’ll be weapons. Also within some of the backstory changes I’m making, I’m having it so if you start out on the military path, you’ll have a worn training sword during the beginning.

Some of the other characters have weapons, such as Juno’s Baton or Rex’s sword, however if you’re specifically talking about firearms, V will be the only one you’ll see with a gun during this book, since they are otherwise very rare in Triaina haha

Hope that answers your question :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Oi @LeoXII lol what’s the use of Relationships tab in stats?!? I mean it looks like it’s full of just description of the characters like appearance and attributes…
And wouldn’t it be easier and flexible for readers to access if you don’t make the stats tab complex with different options/tabs in there like Profile and Relationships?!?
(I’ve already asked this before…)

Sure, I can consolidate the star screen haha. And the relationship tab gives some other indicators later on that haven’t been implemented yet, for when you choose your romance :slight_smile:

I apologize if I forgot to answer you before

9 Likes

I don’t have anything helpful to add (at the moment), I just wanted to say that I’m really looking forward to seeing the next update!

9 Likes

Damn I didn’t even notice it was like that :joy::joy: