Trained to Kill Wip

hey I’m blind to how did you write this did you have a lot of time to do it because I want to make a game in the future

What error message did you get and which option did you choose to enter the house? Stealth, deception or speed?

As long as you know what you want your story to be about, the writing is not the hard bit. For me, the hard bit was the coding which I found extremely difficult to get a grasp of.

This chapter took me about a week and a half to produce and that time was mostly used for correcting my coding mistakes. Although it may seem like a lot of hard work at first, it is worth it in the end.

If you ever want any help just pm me and i’ll gladly try to help.

I got a similar mistake as @Bloodhawkereaper, but when choosing male instead. It was with the stealthy approach.

startup line 349: Non-existent variable sientistlastname

I assume it’s caused by the typo in the name of the variable (should be scientistlastname).

Oh, and the stats screen looks kinda off. It looks like you’re directly using the names of the variables instead of giving them somewhat more descriptive names.

You can link the variables on the stats screen to a proper, multi word name by writing it like

*text statname Whatever it might be you want to call the stat

It also works with the *percent command.

Startup line 722: Bad label scene_chapter2
I keep getting this error whenever i get past the bomb going off and try to leave the scene.

@Cecilia_Rosewood I have corrected that error but I don’t seem to be able to see an issue if the female option is chosen.
And oh haha is that how you make a variable appear as text?I was trying to figure that out for hours on the weekend. Thanks.

@Danny_Garcia you have reached the end of the demo. That’s where the next chapter will start once I have completed it.
I will edit that so that you do not get that error message at the end though.

Will there be same sex romance?
If there will be then the text someone said it should be husband and not wife for female, should be changed again.
Either use both wife and husband in the sentence or use spouse.
I don’t see how what you changed it to, is more accurate than what it said before.

Oh I just walked up to the door. not sure what option that is

I think that is the deception choice.

2 Likes

Minor update: I have made some minor changes to the stats screen and have corrected spelling mistakes (so if you do find any, let me know). I have also edited the game so that the chapter does not finish on an error message.

however, I can’t seem to find the problem that @Bloodhawkereaper is having so if someone could replay the game and let me know whether you get an error when choosing the scientist to be female as a result of using deception (walking up to the door). Thanks

hey does anyone know how to create a form I am using my phone but I don’t know how to create a form

is it just me or is the link not working for some reason?

Update: Just to let people know, I have teamed up with @Moreau about a week ago and since then we have decided to rewrite the first chapter (which we are in the process of doing). Hopefully you won’t have too long before it is finished.

because of this development, I have taken down this current demo and will replace it with the new one once it is completed.

@redhead222, this should answer your question. :slight_smile:

thank you for the information

1 Like

Update: The rewrite of chapter 1 is complete! Let me know what you guys think (Especially those who played the previous version of this chapter). And as always, all feedback will be gratefully accepted.
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oqf11pqd1wa8xs7/Trained%20to%20Kill.html?dl=0

Also, just to let you know, I’m flying solo again
(begins to cry)
“it must be me!”

Seriously though, I’m no longer working with @Moreau.

1 Like

Is it okay if we ask how come?

I don’t think I played the previous version, but so far I noticed a few bugs. If you choose the target to be female the first pronoun used to refer to her is male. If you knock all the enemies unconscious downstairs it acts like you killed everyone when you go back upstairs. There also seems to be some sort of strange formatting error making some pages show up with a blank line every two lines.

1 Like

@JLBH It’s because @Moreau has other obligations and personal things to sort out which is understandable.

@Shoelip yeah… I’ve noticed those bugs as well and I’m in the process of correcting them. But apart from that, what do you think?

1 Like

its oke, still needs work but its a nice start