- Trails Lead Home is a high-fantasy ‘game’ with various social elements interwoven to try and create a different experience. rather than focusing on just skill building, you have to build relationships [platonic or otherwise] with various characters and ROs. Player choices will matter and affect the world, mysteries and side quests will be added for you to solve, and there will be various endings that depend on the relationships and choices you make or break throughout the game.
- Five romance options; two monogamist [female, male and gender-selected], and one polygamist [male and gender-neutral]
- Around 63k words [Introduction and part of chapter 1]
- Ambiguous MC appearance for now
- Hopefully interesting characters
Please be aware that starting fights and ripping on one another is not helpful to anyone [not me and certainly not you]. Constructive criticism is welcome but let’s keep everything friendly and polite!
Let’s be open minded about various issues and topics to avoid offending one another.
Biological Issues with various species for now; please ignore this for the time being–
Updates will be slow and/or posted at strange times due to school, work, and other irl commitments.
There are currently four romance options, one is a poly between two characters in an established relationship, another is a female romance and the final is a male [bare with me, there will probably be more on the way.
Hollond and Galeon - Your poly romance option! They’ve been together for quite a long time but have yet to actually “tie the knot”. Hollond is the more abrupt, rude, and sly of the two while Galeon is the more serious, gentle, and caring of the duo. Both love one another deeply, but they might just be willing to allow a third in their strange relationship… Maybe that will be the MC? [This route may have trigger warnings]
Nanami - Monogamist female character who can be romanced by any gender – Previously depicted as overly bubbly and quick to befriend the MC, she is now much more cautious but no less caring. She hopes to befriend the MC and help them return home, but maybe she’ll start to feel differently about the whole situation?
The Unknown Male RO - Yes, he’s a mystery [because I’m still developing him] but right off the bat, he’s a bit shy and slow to warming up to affection. Taken by surprise at being forced to join the MC’s adventure back home, he slowly begins to open up to the MC and crew about his background and strange aversion to affection. [This route may have trigger warnings]
Finlay - Finlay’s gender is chosen by the reader/MC when they first meet them, they are hot headed, quick to fight, and get along pretty well with Galeon despite all of this. You kinda have to wonder why?
Updates and Fixes
– Fixed a mention of Stockholm syndrome that wasn’t meant to be left in there.
– Fixed broken save plugin.
– Fixed a pronoun mistake where an instance mentions a non-binary character as a ‘he’ rather than a they also a spelling error I had overlooked when referring to ‘the lady’.
– Added more to chapter 1 [Not spell checked]