Totem Force [Released!]

By losing control, I didnt mean something that we as a player will trigger, but rather a planned event like this for example:

Totem hasn’t talked to us for a few days and when you fight a monster, it’s almost unbeatable, then, on the verge of death, all your wounds heal and your body starts moving, but not under your control but totem’s,something happened to them that set them into rage mode and give your armour a new form and fight the monster, killing it, and possibly destroying the surrounding area, and if there’s a rival, they’d probably interfere and try calming the MC down by beating them or something

That’s Titan, one of the commanders of Black Satan,

@ParrotWatcher
Will we be getting any monsters like this?
http://fat.gfycat.com/SomeSnivelingFish.gif

4 Likes

@Zilla I think I would get nightmares trying to write about something like that. I’ll just stick to tentacled Lovecraftian horrors from beyond the realms of mortal understanding, thank you very much.

@WhiteLynx Yes, I don’t think losing control is something the player would have much say in.

3 Likes

I think that creatures like the Angels and demons in bayonetta and devil may cry would be better than tentacle monsters and chuthulu XD

Hopefully we won’t start turning into a monster after we lose control.

Thought of some more Henshin phrases:

• There are many types of justice, allow me to show you mine!
  • We can be friends, right? No?.. To bad!
  • You’re standing in the way!
  • Yes! I’ve been waiting for this!
  • This is my war for peace!
  • Who will win? My ambition!
  • Can you feel it?! The fire that is my passion!

Also here are some monsters I like

A Mushroom Monster, and an Orchid Monster.

The Virgo Horoscope, and The Cancer Horoscope.

No monster will ever top the hottest monster ever: Trakeena

I’m pretty sure you meant “Krakatoa!”

I’m pretty sure I didn’t, I don’t even know who is this Krakatoa.

And Trakeena is the best, the episode she diaguised herself as human <3

Well the Virgo Horoscope is actually an old man.

And the Scorpion Horoscope is actually a girl.

1 Like

So I just binge watched all of Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, and I’d have to say Mangetsu Kibaoni and Kyuemon are my favorite monsters of that series.

Mangetsu Kibaoni has a lot of hands on him.

Kyuemon confused me for a bit, because he has a female voice actor

Episode 3 uploaded.

Please let me know what you think of the battles, especially compared to the Episode 2 battle.

5 Likes

I liked the fight ring battle better than the slugfest gooy-monster fight.

One thing that I feel your missing in your parody/deconstruction is the forced femininity that these cartoons and live-action shows force on the girl-characters. Pink Power Ranger was pink for a reason and well the less said about some of the Japanese comics I’ve seen the better.

Perhaps make fun of that more… cuz that something girls like me who remember the Power Rangers can relate to.

Overall I like the light-hearted romp your taking us through so far.

@ParrotWatcher
Episode 3’s battle system is much better than episode 2’s system, and I can’t believe our rival character showed up already. Really enjoying where you are taking the story so far. :grin:

@Zolataya
The Pink Ranger being the girly one really depends on the series, though most of the time they are the girly one. In Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, the American Saban version is gonna be called Ninja Steel, the Pink Ranger is the smart girl, and the White Ranger is the girly girl.

On the topic of Ninniger, I wonder how Saban will handle StarNinger, aka the Gold Ranger, aka Cowboy Ninja. His morphing device is a phone/camera that looks like a hamburger…

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/powerrangers/images/6/62/Nin-gold.png

Yes, StarNinger gets a poncho in his super form.

1 Like

Damn that cliffhanger, your writing style is hilarious. It’s something original and something refreshing. I am looking forward to this one.

Thanks, everyone.

@Zolataya This was one of the reasons why Kay is both such a tough character and simultaneously the most likely person to give long speeches on the Power of Friendship™. I’ll see if I can do more with it, though.

@Zilla I suppose if I were writing a full anime series, I’d have had a dozen or so filler episodes by now, but I really just want to concentrate on the plot. Also, since the series won’t be cutting away from your PoV just to show the villains hatching their latest plot, I felt it made sense to add a proper antagonist early.

So, it looks like I’ll probably be rewriting the Episode 2 fight next. I mean, it’s not like there’s any pressing urge for me to move on to Episode 4 right away, is there?

3 Likes

I think in that case you are writing the manga not the the anime :wink: Or the remake that is stronger orientated towards the manga since it is finally finished and fillers aren’t necessary anymore.

1 Like

Kay is fine; it is the female MC that feels out-of-character. My MC is a 2016 version while Kay is the 1993 version. Guy MC characters don’t have this perspective so playing a guy MC felt fine.

If I am not making myself clear, let me know but I hope this is better communicated with this post now.

Is it possible do defeat Sammy in the final? It doesn’t matter what I do, he always win.