Totem Force [Released!]

Just finished playing the update, twice. I like the battle system, at first it was kinda confusing, but that’s mainly because I have a massive headache right now. :confounded:
First monster was a school fight, meaning either there is evil afoot in the school, or evil is following the MC. I also really like that we got to choose our henshin phrase.
I can’t decide between:

• I cast aside my fate!
  • Allow me to be your judge!
  • The path I walk shall lead to your demise!

My only current question is will the weapon choice limit you later on?

Personally, I’m not a fan of those types of battle systems, but I can live with it, I guess.
Will there be more LI options? I’m still hoping for the obligatory jerk member of the squad :heart_eyes:

It’s good so far can’t wait for the next eposode!!! Keep up the good work and maybe I’ll do the romance in a future eposode for now thow I’m keeping my identity a secret.

Yo, I like it a lot! The interaction with your friends could be more extensive but I still dig it! Although I would love it to appear a love interest… Keep at it!
Oh, as in for the battle system…A bit dull but I can live with it

Thanks for the comments. I’ll try to address most of the questions here:
Weapons are purely ornamental at the moment. I don’t think I’ll penalise people for choosing swords over ranged weapons (that would be mean), or vice versa, although it’s conceivable (but unlikely) that I might give each of them different benefits at a later date.
I admit that this episode’s battle does last quite some time, and I’ll probably try to make it more interesting (or shorter) in later updates. Does anyone have any suggestions for potential actions?
As for romances/extra team members… I’m afraid you’ll have to wait and see…

1 Like

Excuse me? But nothing is wrong with mayo! :scream:

1 Like

Nothing, but mayo does not belong on somethings!

Honestly, I would do that.

Hijikata disagrees with this statement.

2 Likes

As for suggestions to for potential actions in combat:

• Acrobatics, to flip out of the way of danger and possibly get a small hit in.
  • A finishing attack of some kind, because clichés.

So what’s everyone’s Henshin phrase? I still haven’t decided on mine… I just keep thinking of new ones. Some silly, some serious.

• My justice is overflowing!
  • My heart’s burning embers will never falter!
  • It’ll be my pleasure to defeat you!
  • Noblesse Oblige!
  • You ready yet?! Cause I’ve arrived!
  • Darkness cloaks your heart! So allow me to pierce it!
  • Ready to be upstaged?
  • I have to kill you now, sorry.
  • 3… 2… 1… GO!

The only mayo lover that has my support is Kamen Rider Beast.

2 Likes

So I was just watching Kamen Rider Ghost, and… Well Ghost now has a sword with sunglasses on it.

It’s called the Sunglasseslasher… It also turns into a gun…

This is really awesome! Enjoyed it alot

For some reason, the dragon and skull armours give me the feeling that I’m in the berserker armour from berserk and I choose the Claymore too XD

And … Am I the only one who doesn’t know what Kamen Rider is? XD

So far, I didn’t do everything yet

But I like how Chi doesn’t like my MC no matter what she does but like her hero form

Maybe we could meet him in that form later and spend time with him in it? And reveal ourselves later?

And some family time with dad is welcomed too :slight_smile:

The combat system is a bit strange since it isn’t used alot here in these type of games but it’s quite likeable but I kinda want my MC to lose control for some fights just like in Evangelion

@WhiteLynx Thanks. The combat system was more of a test, really. I’ll possibly replace it with something more like the ones seen in other CoGames (e.g. Heroes Rise). And yes, losing control is a definite possibility, but you’ll likely need more provocation than “It’s lunchtime and I’m hungry!”

4 Likes

Well Kamen Rider is kinda the grandfather of the sentai genre, as it started to air in 1971.
Super Sentai started in 1975, and Power Rangers started in 1993.

Also this year is the 45th anniversary of Kamen Rider, and the 40th of Super Sentai.

2 Likes

Wow! Really? It’s that old?!

I actually never liked watching anything related to the shounen genre so, I don’t think I will check any of those out but thanks for the reply anyways! :smiley:

1 Like

You’re welcome, not every show is for everybody, but I’m sure we can all agree it gave us great gifs.

2 Likes

Please dont add a ton of skills in later updates D:
There are games here with alot of skills that need to be filled
Maybe having something like this

Your skills: martial arts/fencing/speed/agility etc
Not as a bar to fill but as something that will tell you that your MC is good at these set of skills

But it’s your game and you can put whatever you want, just expect that I will die alot in later fights :cry:

MY EYES!!! WHAT IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING DEMONIC IS THAT??!!! XD

You just gave me a brain orgasm right now … I don’t think I will recover from that …

@WhiteLynx No, there shouldn’t be any skills beyond the Will/Empathy/Intellect stats, and any “skill” test will be based on one of these. I also don’t plan on making it easy to die (certainly not this early in the story).

1 Like