Totem Force [Released!]

Not in some of the other timezones.

1 Like

Got an error when staying calm

chapter4 line 205: Expected option starting with #

1 Like

Can confirm this same error when choosing to stay calm in chapter 4.

1 Like

Nice! I like the new episode.

I also got the same error as Zilla and idontlikeusernames. I also got this one, when I choose to activate my armor while on the motorcycle with Kay:
ā€œCouldnā€™t load scene ā€˜henshinā€™
The file doesnā€™t exist.ā€

Regardless, I really love what you have here!

2 Likes

Thanks for the bugs; they should have been corrected now.

1 Like
In the fight, the wording for block made it sound like you use your bare

hands, even if you have weapons in hand. If itā€™s supposed to be a parry,
which would make sense if you have an appropriate weapon, it could be
made a little more clear.

It's a little weird  that Totem says he thinks that "True Heir" is weaker

than the PC but has more experience, since thatā€™s not really shown in the fight
itself in my opinion- He brute forces his way to victory, which requires that he
is stronger than the PC, and doesnā€™t imply superior experience.

There ought to be an option to tell the little girl that she needs to apologize to
our friend for breaking his arm.

Thanks for the comments. Which fight do you mean? Iā€™ve been trying to make sure your weapon is remembered, but I might have missed a few.

Regarding MC v Heir, you will recall that in the tournament fight, the MC was not using their full power. Admittedly, neither was the Heir, but he was using a far greater fraction of it than the MC. (I will probably update the text later to make this clear.)

And you will certainly be able to have words with Akira in the future.

2 Likes

Just finished Episode 4 and I have to say, I loved it.
Canā€™t wait for Episode 5.

Glad my laser pistol came in handy with getting through a fence.

Just gonna leave this hereā€¦

1 Like

could you put in a save system?

Iā€™ve looked into save systems, but itā€™s not easy to find out how they work; the documentation isnā€™t exactly leaking from the woodwork. (Also, do you mean one that will allow you to use a password to jump back to the start of Episode 5 after Iā€™ve finished it, or one that will let you stop halfway through Episode 3 and then return later?)

Iā€™ve also considered adding an ā€œEpisode Selectā€ feature (at least for testing purposes), although this would mean that you would have to miss most of the choices in the earlier episodes, and thus end up with a far more generic character.

Iā€™ll certainly look into it more if you think it would be a good idea.

4 Likes

i was thinking a basic one that just saves where you are and the choices youā€™ve made and when you load it brings you back where you were when you saved alot of COG games seem to put them in now me myself would have use for it since im kind of a perfectionist so letā€™s say i fuck up a choice i pretty much got to restart the game. kind of like in normal games when you fucked some thing up and you wonā€™t accept it and then you reload and if you dont understand what i mean check out (Children of the Gods: The Hero Trials) in the forums thats the kind of save system im talking about.

About the block, I was talking about the fight with the winged lion.

@stsword Do you mean the big bird? You havenā€™t fought a winged lion spoiler[/spoiler] And where in the fight? Would it be possible for you to quote the sentence itā€™s in?

@Hugana Okay; I see what you mean. Iā€™ll look into how thatā€™s done.

1 Like
Oh sorry, whatever the goopy thing we fight at the school, I thought it was a

winged lion by way of Call of Cthulhu, but I guess I was a little too tired there.

I was also fighting with the dual swords, if that helps.

Found it. Itā€™ll be slightly reworded in the next update.

1 Like

Save feature added. (To be honest, I donā€™t think there are really any wrong choices in the game. Well, except the ā€œNo dietary requirementsā€ one, of course.)

5 Likes

Nice. and just an ide you might have already planned it in the game this is not a feature more of a suggestion my suggestion is that you put in another transformation like and upgrade to all the suits cuz when i played and i took the dragon and he asked why he didnā€™t have wing the first think i tough about was that it would be cool if he got like and upgrade to his looks later on when he master the powers or hell maybe he transforms in to a dragon or something like that like any anime really like form shikai too bankai as an example. thats just my ide and who knows you might already have thought about it.

got to say I didnā€™t no what to expect. Not bad not bad at all. This is kind of like power rangers. Morphanominal (power rangers reference).

I cant play it online, when I click the link the site wants me to download the file.