Totem Force [Released!]

Yeah, well he had it coming, filming people without their permission, as far as that goes the future as depicted in Ratings War wouldn’t be half bad, imho.

Of course it doesn’t really matter anymore now as thanks to that party my mc didn’t really want to have in the first place any cover he still had is now blown to shreds anyway. Guess he won’t be going to college now, going broke and on a scholarship would have been bad enough, having to do so while being an involuntary celebrity would be hell on Earth. :cry:
That is if we all don’t end up on government vivisection tables, which would be entirely realistic and one of the foremost reasons yours truly wouldn’t want to be superpowered in real-life. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Chi’s mother may have sufficient clout with the powers that be to protect her son from that fate, but for the mc and Kay it would look bleak indeed.

1 Like

Constantine: Vivisection? Well, it’s not really my thing, but if that’s what you’re into, babe.

Random GRF Cpl: Corporal!

Constantine: Ooh, now we’re talking.

Random GRF Cpl: General, can someone else please do this?

General: You’re the only one he wouldn’t just kill outright, Corporal. Now cut that still breathing teenager open. For science!

5 Likes

This is intentional. Replay Episode 5 and you’ll see exactly who the “expert witness” is…

Hmm. Maybe I’ll have to add that as a possible ending… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I have a question,is there going to be a way to prevent the thing from the party from happening depending on your choices or is that an inevitable part of the plot no matter what you do?

I don’t know how to put something in a spoiler curtain,so that’s why I had to hint.

[spoiler]This is how you do it.[/spoiler]

Took me a bunch of Google searches, and then ultimately some guesswork to figure it out. Which is a bit ridiculous, since the people here are pretty helpful and I could have just asked. Ah well. I HAVE MY PRIDE DAMN IT!

It depends what you mean. Lots of things can happen at the party. If you mean the big reveal, then yes, that’s unavoidable.

And our poor mc’s are gonna be so screwed for it, I can just feel it. Once the official government and mainstream media get their claws into this/us our days of fun are definitely going to be over (well perhaps unless you like being a celebrity and being forced to work for some government agency, which my character definitely wouldn’t).

It almost makes me wish we could apply the villain treatment to this problem and either kill or somehow memory-wipe all the people at that party, except our friends and Li’s.

Well I imagine that will always be an (implied) threat once the formal government gets involved “If you don’t cooperate enough we’ll let black ops have a crack at you”.

3 Likes

Killing and mind-wipes? My solution to the problem was going to be sedu- I mean use the Power of Friendship :tm: to convince people not to spill.

1 Like

Well, given that the empathy stat is literally the Power of Friendship :tm:, I’m sure it’ll be fine… for certain characters. Whether the government/cockroach-people will be as susceptible to your charms is something you can look forward to discovering.
EDIT: that we can look forward to discovering together. :innocent:

4 Likes

As a my little pony character said friendship is magical & sharing is caring and in favour I replied SHUT UP :innocent:

Oh no, for my character empathy is his dump-stat.
I see my mc as a bright young introvert who tends to value his privacy and anonymity, but I suppose there will be no chance of keeping either after that big reveal, eh? Though obviously he does treasure his friendships with Sammy and Kay.
I’m screwed aren’t I?

2 Likes

Yeah, basically. The only possible ending for a character like that would be dying, alone and unloved, on an operating table in a secret government/cockroach-people base, while being forced to watch continuous reality TV.

That was a joke; I don’t actually intend to give bad endings based solely on stats. Your secret is still very much less secret, though.

6 Likes

I really enjoyed the new update it was absolutely awesome

BTW,are the choices of Totems in the demo the finalized ones or are there going to be more choices?

Every option to choose the names you chose Constantine? Dude you either have little or no imagination. That said all my options were inspired by power rangers so who am I to judge.

That was because the kid during that battle said it. Wa’now the one you can save and are immediately a dick for not saving the kid.

I actually just felt like doing it for comedic purposes. I wanted to have a socially awkward character who could have a conversation like this:

“So, you’re name’s Constantine, huh?”

“Yes.”

“Do you have like a nickname or something?”

“Yes. You may call me… Constantine.”

“…okay, I’m done talking to you.”

7 Likes

If you choose the nonbinary option, you can select your own pronouns, too…

Hi, I’m Constantine. That’s Constantine C. Constantine, and my preferred pronouns are Constantine, Constantine, and Constantine’s.

2 Likes

Huh? What have I missed on this thread? I wasn’t here for like 6 days :confused: