Totem Force [Released!]

Is it just date day? Because I willing to replay this all the way from the start

2 Likes

All hail s.a.m.t.t.w.a.p.l.f.m.e.c.m.o.n.s.s.b.s.w.r.p.f
[/quote]

Who would like to join s.a.m.t.t.w.a.p.l.f.m.e.c.m.o.n.s.s.b.s.w.r.p.f

10 Likes

Okay, not an update, but an important milestone: I just passed 200,000 words! :smile: (Thatā€™s including code; excluding code, which I can count now with CSIDE, itā€™s only about 170,000. :disappointed: And, of course, the average playthrough length is still only about 60,000 words.)

I do have a question for people though: This is the final chapter; do you think I should release it a bit at a time (e.g. 1st part of 1st path, 1st part of 2nd path, 1st part of 3rd path, 2nd part of 1st path, etc.), followed by the various epilogues, or just wait until Iā€™ve finished everything before uploading it?

Whoops, sorry for the late reply, but so far, yes, itā€™s only for the date day. (There may be more later. ;P)

8 Likes

Depends on you really, do you want @TSSL (sadly I donā€™t think anyone else and certainly not little old me can match his beta tester prowess :cry: ) to go through everything at once or do you want a steady drip of feedback as you go along?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yup. For Lani, you have to have a high darkness, and donā€™t just do whatever she tells you.
I had 23 darkness at the end :frowning_face:

1 Like

At least that mean you more unlikely to meet bad ending I guess

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not exactly short :sweat_smile: if it were a standalone story itā€™d be somewhere in the region of a really long novella or a shortish novel. And youā€™ve still got more to go. Plus replayability. Wooooooooooooooo :grinning::tada:

Hmm :thinking: I think Iā€™d say this depends on how much revising you think youā€™d do of the earlier segments after finishing them. (Aside from feedback-based revision, naturally :pensive:) Like, if youā€™d be releasing a chunk, and then overhauling it, and then a new chunk, it might make more sense to release it all in one go, rather than having testers go over a draft thatā€™s likely to undergo substantial alteration between updates. But if youā€™re like to release sections that are already fairly drafted, then maybe it would make sense to put them out separately :thinking:

Aw, Iā€™m just tuned to looking at the micro detail level of stuff :sweat_smile: and then sometimes I lose sight of the bigger pictures. It takes lots of tester viewpoints to spot different kinds of thingsā€¦ including stuff like what makes sense for different characters :smile:
And hey, you got Phil in as a romance option :grin:

3 Likes

That should be enough; you may have to be more aggressive to her earlier on.

That depends on your definition of ā€œbadā€. :innocent:

2 Likes

Campaigning for male romance options in games around here is something many of us in the forumā€™s gay community share. @ParrotWatcher himself is usually the most fervent campaigner, though weā€™re not always successful, unfortunately some cute guys remain horribly, tragically straight. :persevere:

3 Likes

I think [quote=ā€œBluestar2.0, post:2496, topic:15440ā€]
s.a.m.t.t.w.a.p.l.f.m.e.c.m.o.n.s.s.b.s.w.r.p.f
[/quote]

Needs a theme song

1 Like

Okay, shouldnā€™t a technopath PC just tell a bomb with an electronic timer to just stop the countdown?

4 Likes

Iā€¦ didnā€™t think about thatā€¦ :cold_sweat:

Excuse me one momentā€¦

6 Likes

So after playing a couple of different paths in the story, I have to say that I really enjoyed playing the demo of this game. The writing is pretty solid in my opinion and of course thereā€™s some pretty interesting twists thrown in there too. Keep up the great work.

3 Likes

Noticed something else, if we try to shoot down the helicopter, we get told its out of range, despite the laser ā€œbeing able to hit the moon,ā€ even as an exaggeration that is still jarring.

3 Likes

Now youā€™re just trying to be difficult. :unamused:

1 Like

Obviously we will need to shoot at a target actually on the Moon in the finale, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Or maybe failing that can we at least shoot a satellite out of the sky?

1 Like

Nah; Iā€™ve already amended the text to say that while the range may be essentially infinite, itā€™s only effective within about 30 feet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Does 30 feet sound about right? Iā€™m not very good at estimating these thingsā€¦)

1 Like

Itā€™s kinda short for laser if you ask me

1 Like

Yeah, but I have to make it short enough that it canā€™t hit the helicopterā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes

Hmmmmā€¦ :thinking: depends on how tall the helicopter flying, it shouldnā€™t that close if the helicopter flying normally BUT we talking about helicopter that hunt mc and his/her/their friends with guns(with bullet that possibly expensive). So I guess I can see why you make the laser effective at that range if the helicopter is so close that mc can feel the wind come from helicopter.

2 Likes