Totem Force [Released!]

Basically how EVIL you’ve been throughout your playthrough… at least that’s how I enterpret it. Not sure what the Max Darkness is since it changes with the update history, though.

2 Likes

oh no, ive seen people mainly get 1’s
what am I doing TAT??
And is it throughout the story or just beginning at a certain part like after the robot explosion?

1 Like

The higher the number the naughtier you’ve been. And you’ve been very, very naughty.

Not really. A score of four is like, a couple of times you were like, “I’m going to punch this person in the face harder than they need to be punched!” Probably.

3 Likes

lol thanks for that XD

Yeah, a score of four is on the low side… just scroll up a couple more posts and you’ll see someone getting a score of 40, and that’s not the maximum.

As I understand it, the darkness score sort of represents how grittily your character acts, resulting in a grittier plot the higher it is, though I’m sure Tom would explain it better :thinking:

4 Likes

Raises hand since I got a 41

And even THEN I don’t wanna go higher because that involves me being a dick to some of the characters and I can’t… I can’t! I’m too attached and they don’t deserve that. XD

3 Likes

Geez. I’m not even gonna ask what your MC did.

You killed Chi? …You monster. :cry:

1 Like

@ParrotWatcher, a while back I commented that I could get Anara to say she loved my MC when I started with a crush, but not when I started as friendly rivals? I went through the start of the relationship a couple times today and while you do start with a higher rel as friends, you can get a higher rise in rel when you start dating if you do it from a crush (if you just hang out and then confess by the tree you go up to 62 or 63, but if you go into dating as friends you can only get up to 58). So even if that wasn’t intentional, it’s kind of skewed so that you need to have a crush to fall in love. Maybe giving the MC and crush the same tree scene would do it? Like, if you want to flirt from friendly rivals you have to be really direct (and it ends up similarly to being direct from a crush), but just letting them go through the same motions of hanging out and having a nice time could give the MC the same big stat boost and smoother, more mutual progression as well as an option for less flirty MCs? (And I know you’ve said you want to work on moving forward right now rather than make adjustments to the current stuff, so not expecting like, immediate action or whatever, just something to maybe keep in mind for the future?)

4 Likes

I got a darkness of 65

2 Likes

Dunno if the WIP thread is the place to post some fanart, but what the hell! I challenged myself to draw the ‘types’ of helmets an MC could pick from when Sammy and Kay asked just what was in their dream. :smiley: I could’ve done fullbody suits because they ARE described along with the helmets, but that would’ve killed me, lol.

I had some OBVIOUS inspiration while doodling these, but it was so fun!

20 Likes

Wow that’s very good. Love the detail and the power ranger look to them. I definitely think you can do the suits as well if one at a time. You’ve got a talent there my friend.

3 Likes

Thank ya kindly-- maybe I will! :slight_smile:

1 Like

CoughIgotascoreof100+cough

2 Likes

That’s pretty much it. Thus far it’s mainly used for character reactions and flavour text, but it has had a couple of more major effects (whether you can heal Chi/Anara and whether Sammy will die), although in both cases, other stats influence the outcomes, too.

@HomingPidgeon: I guess I could think about it. I mean, it’s not like the WIP currently ends in a cliffhanger or anything… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Redthegamr: Awesome! I always like to see fanart. :smile:

4 Likes

Dark side veteran here! I only managed 60 :frowning:

1 Like

You should have explained it in reverse, the less your darkness is the more sweet, light and airy and the more like the children’s “power rangers” episodes this game becomes, for a bit of realism I’d say go moderately dark. I think my character hovers around 12-16 points usually.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve never deliberately aimed for anything particular with the darkness score. It’s not my fault that being sweet, light, and airy comes naturally to me :innocent:

5 Likes

You’re just like @ParrotWatcher himself, I’m betting you’re saving up all that pent-up darkness inside for your own wip, aren’t you?
For me the sweet spot is getting enough darkness to get a somewhat more mature and “realistic” view of the world around my mc while staying just under the threshold where it kills Sammy, admittedly a bit of metagaming on my part.

Yes, it is and if I ever develop diabetes I’ll know who I have to blame. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

But were you a complete jerk to your friends and cheated on your loved one with Lani? And tortured people and expressed happiness at your rivals “death”?

1 Like

Hmm… devastation, desolation, disaster, discrimination, death, despair, destruction… :thinking: yeah, sounds like it’s also going to be a happy story about fun.

Which of the darkness-increasing actions do you tend to go for, and which do you avoid? :thinking:

1 Like