Totem Force [Released!]

But what is the internal reasoning within the script? That’s the more important question.

1 Like

I’ll try to fit that in. I can see it going in interesting directions. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@TSSL: Thanks for the typos! (But next time, could you give a rough indication of where they appear in the story…? :confounded:)

@Revan_Alek_Shan: Well, maybe he’ll tell you if he likes you enough. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yay! Finally an update on this, sad that it always comes when my proverbial dance card is way overbooked, should have time somewhere past the fourth of May (hopefully), ugh the price of having an irregular job I guess. :disappointed:

3 Likes

This is one of the best WIPs I’ve ever had the fortune to read-- so much so that I made an actual account after years of just lurking on the forums! It brings back so many memories of my younger years watching Power Rangers at home. Ah, yes. The game told me to report my final Darkness Value when I got to the end after the latest update. I got a 41.

I hope Ryu and Akira get a good reunion in the next chapter!

3 Likes

I plaued then game and it’s quite fun, but I can’t seem to get Ryu date.

I beat him in the tournament
I then beat him a second time after I invited him to my party. Even though he never showed for the party :unamused:
Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

I got a darkness rating of 4.

@Biotechie certain responses you give Ryu raises his relationship slightly. Those small percentage points make a huge difference.

1 Like

There are choices you can make after the second fight and also when you go to his home that can allow you to ask him out. He’ll refuse at that point, but if you can ask him out then, then you can ask him out just before the date, and he’ll say yes then.

1 Like

Alright played my first session. Really good story, loved the way you shape the kind of hero you want to be. I went for character that is a mix between James Logan Howlett “Wolverine” and Alex Mercer from the FIRST prototype (we don’t speak of the second one) in terms of holding grudges and following on people who have harmed him or people he holds dear very badly. Skeletal armor and helemt with demonic wings and super strenght with metal hide and a will power of 78 percent, empathy 22 and intellect 32. My darkness count that I got was 40. Essentially he is a guy you do not want piss off. Just wish there were a claw weaponen option on the hands (Watched the Logan sniff) it would’ve completed the look.

In successful and still ongoing relationship with Kay who took me aside and mentioned how she didn’t like how aggressive I was which I made up to her by going to the refugee camp at the end and the open screen cinema.

I choose nearly all revenge options when they came, killed Chi, the Major, The Man, tortured the tattoo woman for info and killed dozens of soldiers after they killed my MC’s dad and Sammy.

I wish later on the villians could have an reaction to our deeds for example if we are ruthless and kill anyone that opposes us the villians/mooks are more on edge in conversation and in fights either try to take me out first or run away. yeah that is all that is missing for the future chapters, have the villians react and look at our MC depending on their actions in different light.

1 Like

That’s a good point. By the time we’ve cold-blooded murdered the third enemy or so, enemy soldiers should probably start getting the memo “Okay guys, most of these freaks are kids who don’t like hurting folks. But if you run into the MC, be careful; you will be fighting for your life.”
It could be a neat way to punish the player for being overly ruthless. Soldiers might start prioritizing them because, out of the entire team, you’re the one who is most dangerous to their health.
And in circumstances when catching a small group of enemies by surprise, they may decide to just cut their losses and run rather than face the probability of losing their lives.

2 Likes

Maybe as a middle ground the mc should be allowed to just carve their initials on their defeated enemies’ forehead, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes exactly. Though I wouldn’t say cold-blooded murdered them … just … put to permanent sleep in a pool of their own blood.

You mean unalive them.

2 Likes

Or flicking off that good ol’ life switch.

1 Like

Thank you Parrot watcher and Terriermon50 I got Ryu’s romance scene and I was blow away. Like Ryu is so guardedly andorable in a way.

Spoilers
When during the date when he was coaching the 9 year old kid I was too done :joy:

5 Likes

XD Why does that sound even worse than just offing the poor NPCs and leaving them where they lie?

1 Like

Eh, because it is, the writers of a certain swashbuckling epic in Spanish California either didn’t think that one through or it was specifically designed to be a cruel mercy, same would go for the mc here.

2 Likes

Proof that the “middle ground” can sometimes be the greatest extreme? :fearful:

Also, happy birthday, @Terriermon50 :smile:

(And I do plan to read the rest of the dates as well… it’s like several updates rolled into one simultaneous timeslot :grin:)

3 Likes

How did you get the guy to like you?? I must know.

-Sees update for Totem Force-
“Mum, I feel sick… I don’t think I can go to school for the week”

Though it’s good to see so many updates for my favourite WIP’s recently. Keep up the good work! -thumbsup-

5 Likes

I got darkness = 4
what exaclty does that mean?
This is such a good story, thanks for all the hard work!!

3 Likes