Totem Force [Released!]

I can’t believe I’ve been here as long as I have and never played this game until now. Wow is my the word that comes to mind. The writing ids solid, the pace is good and the characters are full of life, vigor and quirks that make them three dimensional.

I dug the references to Kamen Rider/Super Sentai. As a non native lifelong fan I’m beyond thrilled to see this underrepresented genre of hero fiction get proper represetation. I’m eagerly awaiting the release of this hidden gem.

All the best.

1 Like

Going to be answering these over here (and could we keep these over here?):

Pretty much; I just made it so that if you resist there is no way that either Chi or Anara will dump you. If you don’t resist, it’s unchanged.

Basically what @Dark_Stalker already said. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ok thanks, but will Kay dump you if you resist?

1 Like

Yes, but only if you have high darkness or low empathy and a lowish relationship score. I’ll see if people have problems, but since only one person’s actually complained about this scene before (and they were after Sammy, and I’m not going to change his reaction), I don’t think it’s that much of a problem, even before my changes.

1 Like

This looks like an intersting thread :thinking:

Aw :sweat_smile: Poor confused Sammy.

Does he always die under these circumstances or can he live even afterwards? In which case, is there any chance to make it up to him even if it’s much later? :innocent:

1 Like

Sorry Sammy is just not on my good list, especially after that refusal to blow up a teacher for me.

2 Likes

Note that in the current game, you lose no relationship points for suggesting it, and gain points for suggesting blowing something else up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, very slight update to implement the changes to the Lani party scene, and a slight alteration to the prologue… :innocent:

1 Like

After the assignment/stink ball scene, I get an error message in the transition between chapters:

chapter2_3 line 26: Non-existent variable ‘kurtesh’

Anyone else?

1 Like

Whoops. :frowning: Should be fixed now (I hope…)

2 Likes

Works like a charm now!

(and since I just realized I completely missed the may update, I’m off to play all that lovely new content!)

1 Like

(New here so I really ain’t sure how the forums work yet so if I post this wrong pls tell me)

I have a little question, you may ignorebthis if this is spoilery since I am currently at Ch. 7. Buuut if I pick either Chi or Anara is one of them just not going to get their powers? Since after a few chapters I never see any mention of Anara (I initiated a bitter rivalry with Chi) and I got very worried after that Doctor woman said that one of the kids experimented on ended up getting killed trying to get their Totem! I fear for her cause I fell in love with her rant about modern day cinema hahaha

2 Likes

She’s fine just keep playing you’ll encounter her again. Also you could have chosen to have a crush on her so you could romance her earlier if you like her.

1 Like

Yup, just give it another couple of chapters. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Darkness = 3. Will = 30. Empathy = 32. Intellect = 76.

Tot = 48.

Character status (please check to see that this makes sense with your story):
Kay (79): Alive.
Sammy (66): Alive.
Anara (86): Unknown.
Chi (64): Alive, on team.
Ryu: (61) Alive.
Akira (54): Alive.
Lani (30): Alive.
Phil (63): Alive.
Mirabelle (71): Unknown.

2 Likes

Alright, Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Darkness = 10. Will = 32. Empathy = 14. Intellect = 92.

Tot = 48.

Character status (please check to see that this makes sense with your story):
Kay (60): Alive.
Sammy (85): Alive.
Anara (92): Unknown.
Chi (74): Alive, on team.
Ryu: (70) Alive.
Akira (63): Alive.
Lani (28): Alive.
Phil (67): Alive.

Is my darkness low because I saved a few people in the city attack because I wasn’t exactly adverse to killing for “justice” also anyway I could have prevented the Anara kidnapping.

1 Like

Did you kill them yourself, is that why your darkness is so high? Not judging if you did.
Can you kill them yourself?

1 Like

Sorry if someone already asked this but when will the giant monster/robot fights happen,I mean robot vs monster/monster vs monster/robot vs robot

1 Like

All of these “Whoops Updates” … does Polly say “Whoops”? :bird: ← stand-in parrot.

1 Like

That is kinda low, even for a more antiheroic playstyle. I guess you weren’t nearly as bad as you thought you were. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How? :confused: (I need to know just to make it clear that you couldn’t have. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

What makes you think that’s going to happen? :innocent:

His name is Charlie. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes