Totem Force [Released!]

Could you put scars in and how we got them that’s would be cool

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone who’s replied; it looks like that’s a resounding “yes”. :smile:

@Harley_Robin_Evans: Do you mean in the character creation (I guess I could add scars to that, although it would probably not include how you got them), or in the main game (e.g. when you’re blown up that one time)?

5 Likes

whynltboth.png

20 characters

1 Like

No time for cosmetics. I got cities to save and monsters to destroy.

3 Likes

Personal preference: Main game. That would be a nice touch. Character creation would be easier I guess, but I wonder a bit what noteworthy scars the MC could have around that time? (“Yeah look, my scar from the appendectomy! It’s such an intersting story…” I guess it would fit the early tone of the story at least)

(but I don’t think it’s really needed for the game tbh…but yeah more options, we probably would suck your lifeforce out of you through asking for more choices if you let us)

(…don’t let us, okay? You have more fantastic stories to write)

8 Likes

As long as it is optional I wanna keep my mc here pristine, particularly cause they’re still so young.

One word; Alex. :heart_eyes:

But you need to look good when destroying cities and saving monsters saving those cities and fighting those monsters don’t you? :confused:

6 Likes

Okay, another question: has anybody ever fought Akira in chapter 6? (That is, when the government labs are burning down, right before the party, instead of fighting Ryu.) It’s not an easy scene to get, and probably isn’t in character for anyone who can get it, and so I’m wondering if it’s ever been tried. (Actually, for that matter, did people even know that it was possible to fight Akira instead of Ryu there? :thinking:)

Didn’t I kill him yet? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

You meanie!!! :astonished: :scream: :fearful: :cry: :sob:

3 Likes

If it’s the fight I think you are meaning then yes. I got it with evil!MC. And beated Akira’s ass… Akira was suprisinly all over MC after that… (give that poor soul more friends so they don’t try to befriend people who tried to gouge out their eyes just for beating them up a second time, omg give them a blanket please)

3 Likes

Good to know someone found it… :sweat_smile: (and poor Akira…)

@idonotlikeusernames: Just to note, I’m currently considering a slight rewrite of the Countdown opening. Alex, at least, should remain mostly unchanged (and alive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).

6 Likes

Can we become a villain or a fallen hero/anti hero in the game?

1 Like

Maybe? I mean I did do triple dark playthroughs, I just don’t remember at this point. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Antihero, yes; villain, no. I do have an outright villain ending planned, though… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, would you pass up the opportunity to beat up Ryu just to beat up Akira again? :thinking:

5 Likes

Oh probably not, I was picking fights first chance I saw.

So, given the fairly resounding yes, what would the implementation look like? :thinking: Would this be sort of a block around the same point you’re choosing your name? And then look for places to drop references? :thinking: And what would you be looking at putting in? :thinking: Complexion? Hair? Height? (I can see height being an easier one to work in just because it affects character interactions :thinking:)
…Oh, and scars, apparently :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess piercings or dyed hair would be the sorts of things people could mention conversationally :thinking: I wonder which characters would be likeliest to be affected by that? (Lani might get a bonus if you dye your hair pink? :innocent:)

Oh no, we’re going for the same RO! :scream:

5 Likes

Well it wouldn’t be the first time, cause it would be the second. You’re also going for Sem in Waywalkers aren’t you?

5 Likes

True, and there’ll be more if you count second choice… like Totem Force, since I did do a Phil-romancing save after Sammy’s :grin:

3 Likes

But that doesn’t count the guy has to be your first choice, not a backup.

2 Likes

Beating up Akira hurts Ryu much more than beating up him.

ಠ_ಠ I like pink hair…I’m not sure how I will deal with Lani approving of it…

2 Likes

Well, currently, I’ve got skin colour, hair length and colour, and eye colour. :thinking: I’ve also worked in a couple of mentions of your hair colour if it’s dyed. :smile:

I’m thinking I might miss scars this game though (sorry @Harley_Robin_Evans), but what do people think about piercings and height?

:astonished:
brb

And added. :grin:

#Pink.
    *set haircol "pink"
    *set lani %+5
4 Likes