Totem Force [Released!]

Maybe that’s because our dad didn’t seem like he was the type to spoil us. Kind of hard to act like a spoiled-rotten (upper class) brat when one isn’t after all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I assume my mc got his collection of black leather clothing the same way I got my first leather jacket, by working part-time during the holidays. Ah, the early 2000’s when they still let kids too young to smoke sell cigarettes. :smile:

1 Like

83 eh? You really have to go out of your way to do that,that’s just pure evil! Yes,Hannibal is a bitter, evil, and ruthless person ever since his father died,taking every chance to get his revenge on the world and putting revenge on the top of his priorities list,but even he HAS standard!

I guess by how late I’m responding,most of what I’m going to say has already been said,like recognition of evilness,darker choice to choose,and as you’ve said,Kay’s intervention, though I’m not entirely sure what kind of intervention it will be…

But I can think of a few way to make it more interesting in this darker path,for example :

1.Your friends noticing your darker choice in earlier chapter and calling you out for it.

2.A scene showing your sanity slipping away gradually if you continue down the path of darkness, madness, and isolation (we’re like,what? 16? 18? With the kind of things happening around us it wouldn’t be weird we suffer some kind of mental disorders). And changes in our Totem to reflect that.

3.A chance to work with Kurtesh,or better yet,to overthrow them!

4.To keep this realistic,a chance of redemption from our friends (and/or lover), no way will they ignore us when we’re acting this dastardly (If the relationship value is high enough)

5.A despair event horizon, yes, THE despair event horizon, as a confirmation that we truly are irredeemable anymore, possibly by killing Sammy,cause let’s be honest here, he’s innocent,caring, AND powerless,basically the perfect target! Oh and you should really guilt trip us for doing this, but secretly put a ‘Redemption Equals Death’ at the final chapter for a last chance ‘Heel-face turn’.

6.A fight against ALL the other chosen children! Either a ‘One on One’ situation to show the drama of the situation (And also a chance of redemption from each of them) or a ‘One vs Many’ situation just to show how badass we are :sunglasses:

Oh and for the ‘Despair Event Horizon’ scene I suggest making the player do the killing,just to drive the point home, so instead of just one scene after you chose to kill Sammy,you have to pick more option to kill him,for reference :

“Sammy is offering you a chance to redeem yourself and says that he has forgiven you for what you’ve done,he also promise to help you reconcile with the others”
-Accept his offer, hug him and thanks him for his support.
-Accept his offer.
-Run away from him.
-Kill him…

If you chose the kill option, instead of just a simple killing scene,you get something like this :

“You kick him in the gut and says that he’s foolish to think that he can change your mind. He’s kneeling on the floor and clutching his stomach while reaching out a hand to you and says that it’s alright, he knows you’re just scared and confused by all the things that have happened”
-Break his arm.
-Slap his hand and run away.
-Hug him and says that you’re sorry and accept his previous offer.

Choosing ‘break his arm’ will net you another guilt trip…

“You take his arm and he smiles briefly, only to cry out when you twist it inhumanely,the sick crunching sound reverberate in the other wise silent landscape (room?).for the record,human hand DO NOT bend the way his hand is right now.And yet he still reach out his other hand to you and speak comforting words to you,and how everything is going to be okay when you return with him”
-Heal him and accept his initial offer.
-Heal him and run away.
-Just run away.
-Break his other arm.

Choosing the obviously evil option will net you yet ANOTHER guilt trip.

“Taking up his arm again he smiles again albeit a bit warily, considering what just happened, and considering what you’re going to do he is right to be wary,yet again you twist his arm into an improbable shape and angle, you know what they say…fool me once shame on you,fool me twice shame on me. Despite the clear evidence of the contrary, he still believe in the goodness inside you, telling you that it’s okay,he’ll just make up something in the run so the others can still forgive you like he did”
-Take him to the hospital and accept his offer.
-Call the ambulance and run away.
-Shut him up. Permanently.
(I see no reason for the option to just run away after this far in the scene,considering that you’re basically irredeemable if you leave him just like that,while yes,the others can still save him,but without a proper medical care, he have to say goodbye to his arms)

Choosing the crazily obvious evil option will net the player this scene :

“Feeling sick of all his word of compassion amidst his crying and wailing,you decided to shut him up,forever this time,you smack his head to the ground in the middle of his speech,stunted he ask you what’re you doing?
Instead of replying you just continue to smash his head again and again to the ground, all the while he begs you to stop and still saying that he still believe there is goodness in your heart,you ignore him,naturally.
You continue smashing his head even when he’s clearly silent,you let go of his head and stomp on it until it’s just a bloody mess,just for good measure.
Good,are you proud of yourself ‘hero’? Are you proud of your… ‘handy’ work? I hope you are,cause there’s no redeeming you right now, or anymore for that matter. You bastard! How can you kill him like that?! He was your friend! Your BEST friends! He has no method to protect himself and yet he took the risk of talking with you,does that means nothing to you?!”

On a completely unrelated note,what kind of character are you guys role-playing?
Initially I’m playing a smart and ruthless student that cares about his two besties but can’t really relate to them nor he knows how to express it (High intellect/Medium Will/Low Empathy),but when the chance to descend into darkness comes (The death of our father) I can’t resist going full rogue!

4 Likes

I checked again; it’s actually 85. But I really don’t know if it’s actually possible to get. (If, for example, the choice was A,B,C, where B increased darkness by 1, and C by 2, I would only add 2 to the total, but I didn’t check if earlier decisions would negate later ones, except where it was obvious.)

There is certainly one choice that currently is brought up again, by several characters (it would probably make sense for Kay to mention it, too, though).

You say that like it hasn’t already happened :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Oh, you meant specifically for high-darkness characters; maybe later.

Spoiler.

Oh, yes. If you haven’t gone too far, that is. (But how far is too far?)

Oh, if only you knew… I mean, “Spoiler”.

And spoiler. Well, that was informative. :grin:

1 Like

Well my character is nearly the same stat-wise, except that he does have a caring person, somewhere under his outer shell. Fortunately for him he’s a rather decent actor. In any case he rather enjoys acting and his friendly rivalry with Chi, that seems to revolve for a large part about who is able to snatch the “leading man” roles in school plays. That said, outside of “acting a part” he finds interaction with most people who are not part of his small inner-circle mostly tedious and boring.
I do agree that his father being killed does lead to a “start of darkness” of sorts though he’d rather be a (secret) villain with good publicity and go about his “revenge” Frank Underwood style.
Aside from his dad being killed what bothers him most is that everybody now knows his real identity and that either means letting the “charming hero” act end or “becoming the mask” in his real-life, both not particularly attractive options since he was rather looking forward to being a “drama geek” college student. :cry:

1 Like

You awaken to find your lips lock of a , who instantly sputters and jumps back.

The sentence doesn’t make sense, also a space before the comma.

I think that’s another old save error; try playing through from the beginning again, and it should be fine.

Along with options to be absolutely horrible, I would also like options to be a ruthless hero. Options that are all about stopping the bad guys and caring nothing for personal gain, yet the methods used are still pretty dark.
My MC is the kind of person who doesn’t really instinctively care about human life the same way we do. Even his father can’t spark any kind of emotion in him, and while he enjoys being around his friends, he doesn’t really feel anything for them the same way we typically care about friends. He isn’t naturally caring, but he’s trying to be for a special someone’s sake, the one person he actually feels a real connection to and is basically serving as his Morality Chain.

I suppose that’s another thing that would be interesting to see. Letting ruthless characters have a person in their life who keeps them grounded. So while the story very well could be a Start of Darkness, and while they are constantly walking on the edge of becoming an irredeemable monster, this one person keeps them from going completely over the edge and instead just stay as a Ruthless Hero.

Well, I had been intending for Kay to try to serve this function, but I understand you prefer Anara, so I’ll see what I can do about that.

Honestly I prefer Kay’s sexy brother for that, he can already become our sensei after all and my character really likes him. Chi or even Sammy might also do in a pinch, but basically the way I tend to play most my characters people who are actually their lovers too tend to have a better chance at it.

Well,um…why not both?

This probably deserves a spoiler tag (regarding ROs):

The ROs won’t all react the same way to “dark” actions. There are only two for whom a certain level of darkness is a deal-breaker (Kay and Phil, although there may be an attempted intervention prior to this); others (yes, even Sammy) will be more open to more callous acts, depending on their relationship stats. This is one of the reasons why Anara (or Chi) may not be the best choice.

So, wait what? Mr. “perfect hero” Chi is actually okay with us becoming an overt villain? Maybe he does know more about his mother’s activities than he lets on. I do hope that Phil’s “certain level” allows for my character’s plot to give the president some very bad publicity and be “rewarded” for it with early emancipation, a fake ID (for when we just want to go out as a “normal” person) a generous scholarship to a top university and a bit of cash (to buy a new wardrobe)

HOLY MOTHER OF EVERYTHING!!! I wasn’t expecting everything I went through when I started playing!!! omg I’m in shock right now? Like? WOW… This is just amazing… let me gather my sanity and type appropriately ahahahhaha

Well my final value was 0, what’s that supposed to mean? xD
I love Ryu with the burning passion of a thousand suns!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I’m so glad he’s available as a RO because he’s so my type ;-; thank you

Found no bugs so that’s good, loved the save system thank you so much, omg the story, the characters, I still think we need to interact a bit more with them though like, [spoiler] are we even supposed to know Anara before the latest chapter? I certainly didn’t even met her before that, even when Kay asked me who I liked and her name was there, I was like ??? am I supposed to know who that is??

I LOVE RYU OK? [/spoiler]

Sorry if I’m all over the place, but this is seriously another level of good, I can’t believe I just played through that. I think I love you. :joy:

2 Likes

In Episode 2, you got to choose between Chi and Anara. The character you chose became either your crush or your rival, but the other does appear again over that episode (once or twice, depending on the MC’s intellect), and (yes) is mentioned in the list of possible crushes (although that’s more as a joke). Essentially, they’re in the MC’s class, and known to them (albeit not that closely). I suppose I could reword the start of Episode 9, just to make it more obvious.

1 Like

The number value represents your “goodness” v “evil-ness”, basically.

On a scale of 0 to 85, good to bad.

1 Like

Mm that could explain it, my MC wasn’t very intellectual xD I assumed she studied with me, but didn’t really feel anything towards her when she found me haha. And apparently I was a good hero haha nice xD

I got value 2 and i don’t know what that means

No clue what it means but I got a value of 4

@Shadow1 & @Armiley Psst, look a little bit up, over your own posts :wink::

You are basically pretty close to be beacons of goodness :innocent::grin:

Well I have Main!MC and evil!MC (Did I mention how happy I am for trying out playing a heartless jerk?).

[details=Main!MC aka. Ms. Let me protect the puppies…I may will have to break some bones while doing so] Another high intellect - medium will - low empathy character. Though she does deeply care about the people close to her…she just very bad at showing it (though the game seems to assume that Kay and Sammy know the MC long enough for them to get what they want to say…at least I didn’t notice any empathy stat checks while trying to comfort/support one of them). How she cares for people shows itself normally in a “protective” streak, most notably for Sammy. She feels protective for Kay too, but she also trusts Kay enough to know that she can handle most things alone…If we go with the assumption that MC is the leader then Kay is her second in command. Doesn’t mean that people hurting either Kay or Sammy won’t feel her rage…her cold, cold rage.
What brings me to Akira and Ryu. No seriously, the only reason she didn’t hold a grudge against them was that Sammy himself told her to forgive Akira and that Akira with all their quirks actually strikes that protective chord in her. Yeah, weird I know, but I guess it’s a combination between liking their enthusiasm (even when it’s mosty about fighting others) and feel pity for them wanting friends so much…Aaand Ryu…eh he comes in package with Akira I guess, so Main!MC begrudgingly forgives him for acting like a jerk (not without beating him up a second time…). She thinks he cares much about Akira though…despite his weird way in showing it (She actually suspects him being so…lets call it “inconsistence” in the way he sometimes reacts to Akira is a mix of knowing that Akira sufffers of the lack of friends and pretty much stays with him because…well, sibling love and loyality and Ryu actually doesn’t want them to suffer because of staying with him, but at the same time fearing that Akira really one day could leave him alone…), so she feels a certain amount of sympathy and pity for him too. All in all I guess she is pretty soft despite seeming rather cold on the outside?
The only person she really reacts at with something that could be interpreted as venom is Anara…except it’s only in a joking manner. Main!MC really likes competing and bickering with Anara (even when Anara’s response is more of a “no response”), because of the nature of their competition and Anara herself being rather reserved too, she feels a certain nearness to Anara…You all get what I mean.
So the people she indeed acts against with venom are really the what-is-his-name-again military guy, who absolutely deserved his death for using and killing her father and attacking Kay if you ask her…the guy allowing to put tax money in something like a giant robot, while looking at the state of the education system also doesn’t deserve better…
She won’t really go out of the ay to kill everybody who is part of this military project…but if she can give them a “slap” on the wrist for that she will gladly accept…and not know much mercy to be honest, expect she gets stopped by those close o her. Because those have a higher priority as revenge. Her Totem is a cat, which has the creative and in no way soaked by childhood nostalgia name Luna. Because cats are cute…and I like to think that Main!MC has a little bit of a cat with her I-may-not-show-it-but-I-really-care-about-you ways. Chosen color is black and her powers matchingly the deepest darkness…because it pretty well symbolises her vengeful side (<- I totally bullshit you here, I really just chose what sounded cool.)[/details]

[details=Evil!MC or how I call her: The jerk with a heart of jerk] Evil!MC is a jerk. A big jerk. Strong will, not stupid but doesn’t care about anyone that much. She is too angry for that. I guess the early death of her mother and the hinted at neglect by her busy father lead her to build of much aggression. She respects Kay, though she mostly is friends because…well she is used to it. Same with Sammy, though he certainly starts to get on her nerves. I like to think that she is the type to anyway wreck havoc to get attention (you know, daddy is always working, mom is dead, give me what I don’t get enough of!!!), but also because beating others up gives her control over the situation, makes her feel alive…She likes to be the one with power…she really, really enjoys it. At the same time she hates people that try to control her (and that is the specific reason she wishes to kill Lani). She dislikes Anara, because she doesn’t give her the satisfication to react to her winning against her; It just doesn’t feel like a real win if the other side doesn’t care, you know? She really wants to fight Anara with everything she has to get at least a little bit recognition from her (If that wouldn’t put off Anara that much it could be a hatemance, but alas that seems to be Lani’s position in the story…and I already mentioned why Lani will most likely end up dead with this MC…Not that Main!MC would not dislike Lani but in contrast to Evil!MC she learned to just block out whatever Lani is saying…She hears the soundtrack of “Super Awesome Magic Anime Battle Team” in her mind instead…I’m sure she heard it at least various times while hanging out with Sammy.)
The more satisfactory it was for her to paint real fear on Akira’s face after their fight :smiling_imp: (insert evil laugher) and to win against the heir. Though she was annoyed by them trying to make her trouble by aiming Sammy. Really? You want to fight just come at me, I will have fun. (Imagine her annoyance after hearing Akira’s reasoning…:expressionless:).
Despite the rather strained relationship she has to her father she is more than just vicious in getting revenge for him, because despite all, he was her father and how should he give her attention/love/recognition now that he is dead? (Evil!Mc of course doesn’t realize that this is the way she feels, because she is really too busy to be a cluster of burning rage). If she ever had a chance of not ending up going off the deep end I think it is lost after her father’s death. Now everything is fairplay, even going on a killing spree and ending the world. Her Totem is a dragon called Shenron…you know why. Color is red and powers are technological enhancements…she would love to build a bomb with her powers…[/details]

Edit:…eh woah wall of text…oopsie? I will just hide it under some read more…okay?

4 Likes

My MC’s got high empathy, medium intellect, and very low will. Hmmm
Went for a generally good MC who slowly starts making darker choices, beginning from the monster attack at home.

Still quite very confused about the whole Ryu and Akira thing, like, who exactly are they? Or was it already explained inside and I just completely missed it?

And I got a score of 5?
So, 85 is the highest hmm? Wonder how evil I can get… hmmm…