Totem Force [Released!]

I love this game it’s so amazing just upset that it ended

what is with all this mention of values… Well i outha REplay this soon!

DId you really want us to report that value at the end of the current playtest?
Mine was 5 (Note: please report this value to the writer: 5.)

Liked the new update was a bit shocked to learn one of the mayor players was Chi’s mom .
But the president? At this point it might be better to ask who isn’t involved in the conspiracy?
The VP, the speaker of the House? What is the fictional government based on anyway, it seems to lean to the US model, but I can’t be sure at this point.
In light of this new information my mc might have to set aside his distaste for working with (elements of) “the government” under the enemy of my enemy principle, provided those people sign off on his early emancipation and throw in a generous college scholarship of course. (and come to think of it a new wardrobe with lots of black leather would help as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

It’s probably not a spoiler to say that the president isn’t really involved (at least, that was what the implication of the General’s words was supposed to be); he’s just hearing the story from the General, and isn’t really concerned with the outcome, as long as he gets good publicity out of it.

It’s based on America, but with some Japanese names thrown in (remember, it’s been dubbed from the original anime), and there are probably quite a few British things I added in accidentally.

You do realize that you’ve just made it my character’s mission to ensure the president is going to get a lot of publicity out of this that’s going to make him look very bad indeed, even if that means being less than honest himself and colluding with the VP or the speaker right?

1 Like

Well, I’m not promising anything, but I’m sure something could be arranged…

Of course, you’re still going to have to live under a bridge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Can’t my MC use his cheat filled luck powers to somehow make do.

We basically harness Deus ex machina as a power.

1 Like

I don’t know those luck powers only seem to work when the armour is active, or perhaps they will grow in time. It still leaves that I don’t know what will be worse for my poor mc living dressed in rags under a bridge (though do note that most bridges these days have camera’s to discourage this and suicide attempts) or being forced to become a “celebrity” and basically never having a moment of privacy again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Or you could end up doing both.

Try to be a celebrity and succeed only to crash and burn out and be forced to live under a bridge not that long after.

1 Like

No! :scream: That would be worse than death, come to think of it so long as we’re young and healthy living under a bridge (well perhaps not literally living under a bridge, but living in an abandoned/condemned building would probably be preferable) is probably better than being forced to become a celebrity superhero, those two things combined however, say @faewkless are you by any chance available as my mc’s head of the department of corrections? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sure as long as my face isn’t too out there.

Don’t want to get assassinated by the military/displeased citizenry.

My MC is already having enough trouble staying anonymous in his cozy abandoned warehouse.

2 Likes

You know, I’m really going to have to add in a canon “living under a bridge” reference… :grin:

1 Like

heya i bloody love this btw ! and it said to report this value 1. cant wait for more keep up the good work x

Haha! then we’ll probably have our fancy high tech villain lair under the bridge (and the river) right? Technically that would still be “living under a bridge”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just played the lastest update and got a value of 0

Also when interacting or talking about Chi the word his is used when it should be the word him

For instance when changing in Chi house one of the choices says Trust his instead of Trust him

Wow. I’m amazed how big that error was. And I’m shocked no-one mentioned it before (aside from possibly @faewkless).

Have uploaded a fixed version, which also has reduced the requirements for reactions to higher darkness (although I’ll probably add in a few more lines of dialogue, too).

Is it spoilery for you to tell us what exactly the values mean?

No; I was discussing it quite a bit a few (or more than a few) posts up; basically it represents the character’s “darkness”, as opposed to their “heroism”.

Cool, I’m guessing 0 is in the middle?

But punching things really hard is much cooler than silly weapons :grin:

Whenever there is a choice to punch. You choose punch.

Mmm punch. :yum:

Is this a reference? Or did he get my name wrong?

Also: (Note: please report this value to the writer: 14.) What’s the highest darkness?