Totem Force [Released!]

Perfidious Albion at work. :laughing:

1 Like

Of course. Soon I’ll be replacing all "z"s (pronounced “zed”, not “zee”) with "s"s (even in words that really need them, like zebra, sorry, sebra), and sticking "u"s after absoulutely every “o” I can find. All while twirling my goatee and cackling wildly. I may need to grow a goatee first.

1 Like

I think you meant gouatee…

1 Like

A man after my own heart with British’s most pretentious language. Also, just a question, where’s Heir when we need him like, I played this update on the day it came out and I was quite disappointed that there was no Heir update D: We can romance Heir…right? You know what, I’m just going to search to see if anyone asked before.

1 Like

Heir/Ryu will certainly be around, but he marches to his own tune. And, as I said in a previous post:

so, hopefully, that explains his romanceability :grin:. i.e. yes, but it won’t be exactly easy.

3 Likes

Reposting this in the correct thread - so I look semi-smart.

@ParrotWatcher - I just wanted to let you know, I was disappointed I could not put a giant cork into the robot’s super-gun That would be so like the Power Rangers I knew and grew up with.

2 Likes

I could see this happening, but you’d need something to plug it with (unless you plan on going the Final Fantasy IV route, and plug it with your own body).

Hmm… I was thinking the big giant steel door that was laying on the ground after the robot burst through it… or my thought was a big chunk of earth like a golf divot thingy.

Actually, now I have to work out how big the hole would need to be. I mean, it’s plasma, so not all that big, but it is superheated, so probably bigger than that… And then you could try to damage the firing magnets, too… I’ll think about it.

I suspect that something is fault with Show Stats, so that’s written “text powertext Powers of”.

Oops… Have fixed my version, but I’ll probably wait until the next update to upload it, since it’s not game-breaking.

1 Like

Updated with Episode 8. It’s a little… different from the others. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also added a couple more ways to try to take out the robot’s railgun.

9 Likes

I guess I should try those… hmmm…

The stat screen won’t load for me. It keeps showing up blank.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Yep, happens to me too: “choicescript_stats line 3: invalid indent, expected at least one row”.

Okay; should work now.

I forgot to mention that this episode represents the 100k words milestone (yay!), although the average playthrough is about 40k words.

I do have a question (spoilered):

when you are judged (the text following “You’re a monster…”), what is the judgement, and do you feel that it is too harsh, or too lenient for your character’s actions? Note that a “bad” judgement does not imply that you have played the game “wrong”.

8 Likes

I have a bit of an older question, I guess you could say. How exactly do you get the Heir/Ryu to join your party? Cause I’ve tried beating him in a second fight in various ways and parted with him in a somewhat friendly way, but I still can’t get him to attend I can’t rest peacefully until I’ve solved this mystery

1 Like

There are several checks needed. You have to beat him (there is another way, but it’s even more complicated to explain…), which can be done with low Will, but is much easier with high Will. Then help him up. Also, you must have acted reasonably honourably during the tournament (or have high Empathy).

Just spotted a typo “but everone else is silent”

That update… brrrr… judgement was fine, mind you I can’t remember much about it, was too busy being freaked out by the bad-present

Thanks (also, wow; that was Episode 3, how long has that been there)?