Totem Force [Released!]

I thought it were going to get bright, considering MC just woke up after all |D

Eh, was never really attached to my father. Needs of the many.
Although, I do wish there was some option to hurt Lani. That girl just lacks any form of common courtesy. Where does she get off trying to tell me how my birthday is going to be, and downright forcing my dad to give up my college fund. I like college a lot more than I like her trying to decide how I should live my life. Not every High Intellect/Low Empathy shut-in is secretly dreaming for the day when someone bursts into their house and throws them a party (though I do appreciate her handcuffing to Anara. I think we have a connection. Other than that, she should stay out of my life). If I want to spend my birthday sitting in my room, thatā€™s none of her bloody business!

1 Like

B-but I believed it with all my heart!

What little heart I still have anyway, whatā€™s with being high intellect/low empathy person my MC is.

Then you better hope the age of majority in the future is 16 and not 18, otherwise the mc has got at least two years of HELL ahead of them, maybe much more depending on if in this future college really is the new highschool. :wink:

But I wrote her to be the most likable character ever :cry:. (And by the sounds of it, you havenā€™t seen her worst yet.)

That would the Will stat, Iā€™m afraid (although itā€™s not really used much in the robot fight; intellect is better here). But generally: insane stunts are Will, power of friendship is Empathy, and noticing foreshadowing is Intellect.

Assuming they survive the next few weeks, that isā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes, that got me thinking, captain is a very low rank to pull stunts like this, he likely has some colonel, general and senator at the very least above him, now they are the people my mc probably really wants to hurt. Though for some reason Iā€™ve got the sinking feeling that Kay and Chi are not going to let my mc apply ā€œenhancedā€ interrogation techniques to the good Captain, should we even manage to capture him alive. :disappointed:

2 Likes

That whole ā€œbelievingā€ part was mostly just a joke, itā€™s just that it sounded so crazy,it may have just worked! which it didnā€™t as I figured out the hard way,by dying.

Though this chapter put me thinking though, where is Ryu and Akira?

Also depending on our choice this could possibly mark our start of darkness,please tell me you have an epic showdown part for a revenge consumed MC with our ā€œformerā€ comrades (Akira,Anara,Kay,Ryu,and Sam),hopefully a ā€œone vs allā€ kind of scenario,but a ā€œone vs oneā€ scenario is pretty rad too,possibly with the casts expressing their disappointment in us,like Ryu berating us for being so weak as to fall for the dark side,Kay telling us that weā€™re no longer the friend that she knew anymore, Sam begging us to stop abusing our power,Anara saying that by how stupid we are acting right now,we donā€™t deserve to call her a rival and sheā€™s ashamed to even think of us being her rival.

Boy oh boy! That would be a treat!

3 Likes

And Lani declares herself your dark queenā€¦

You know what would be even worse than ending up a poor orphan boy on the streets, being forcibly adopted and placed into a gilded cage by a literal couple of government agents, who just so happen to be Laniā€™s next door neighbours. :anguished:

And I probably shouldnā€™t have said that, should I? Because now our dear author may get ideas.

Well if you want to draw someone, like say a powerful senator out, going after their family and children is a good way to do so. Therefore under the right circumstances, yes, I could certainly see me mc possibly trying something like that.

Not sure if that was sarcasm but I actually do like her. I donā€™t know, she is got that Alpha vibe about her. I love it. But Iā€™ll get her to soften upā€¦eventually

So, thereā€™s two things with the new update Iā€™ve noticed, but Iā€™m still playing it as I type this so I might comment with some more. One is when you find your dad and talk to him, he calls you his son. In my game Iā€™m a girl. and after that, when you fight the captain, or rather, he follows you up after going to a higher vantage point, he calls you Dave

I donā€™t know if these are situational to me or if everyone has them but I thought Iā€™d give you a heads up! Keep up the good work.

Sorry, the first is definitely a mistake.

The second, on the other hand, is a reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Oh okay! That would explain why it only happens that one time. Glad I could help with the first one though!

Looking at the code, it looks like it should workā€¦ Were there any other instances where you were mis-gendered?

From what I remember that was the only time.

Hello. I have played your demo a couple of times now and I have to say I quite enjoy it; the way you spin you tales are truly eloquent.

Sorry is this was asked before; but, I was wondering if you thought about giving the player the option to choose what superhero costume the MC wears? I just feel it would allow the player connect with the MC a little more.

At the moment, it depends on the choice of Totem, but I suppose I could let people choose for themselves, if itā€™s something a lot of people want.

1 Like

My personal opinion is that you should keep it as is; I have a feeling there is a reason it is written this way - idkā€¦ my intuition is rarely wrong but maybe Iā€™m way off this time.

3 Likes

Weā€™ve got enough choices in our mcā€™s other outfits (although that may be over now that weā€™ve likely got to live on the streets, I suppose) that Iā€™d be happy either way, though I kind of did always imagine the ā€œsuperheroā€ uniforms/costumes as the standard power ranger stuff, with my mcā€™s uniform being the black one.

1 Like

Mine is pink. Power Ranger Pink, @ParrotWatcher was very nice in considering my feedback in the beginning.