Totem Force [Released!]

bah! Because apparently some wack job decided he liked to blow stuff up, 100% not my fault, heck I pulled him out of the building. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Crap. Forgot that it was a thing. Sorry.

1 Like

You do realise that youā€™ve just made it impossible for me to play your story the way you consider best, right?

4 Likes

I may not want Sammy to bed me but I did want him to be an important part of the team. I was thinking of him as ā€œAbbyā€ is on NCIS t.v. show - the behind-the-scene ace in the hole dork who was like a brother. Oh well.

He may still beā€¦ Heā€™s not completely unsavable, and if heā€™s still alive in your game, he will wake from his coma at the start of the next episode (because how else will Sammy-romantics get their date day?) If heā€™s dead then, yeah, heā€™s pretty much out of your team save for sentimental photos.

7 Likes

Well you see honey, big bwuvver was a useless third wheel so he had to go.

3 Likes

i just realized how cruel you could beā€¦ :fearful: how could you said that to a little girl :sob: (lol) well at least ParrotWatcher is not that cruel-- he was still kind enough to add ā€˜the more lighther pathā€™ for his dark story. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not cruelā€¦
You wanna see big bwuvver again? I help send you to himā€¦

1 Like

Yeah. Iā€™m actually going to not let you do that. (Yetā€¦ :smiling_imp:)

2 Likes

The Manā€¦ I am shocked to find out who he is. At the same time, it makes me think of That Man from Excel Sagaā€¦

While Iā€™m at it, might as well include Nabeshin.

2 Likes

ā€œExplosions fix everything!ā€

So true, my friend. So true.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œParrotWatcher, post:946, topic:15440, full:trueā€]

In my opinion, the story works better that way, but itā€™s up to you.[/quote]

[spoiler]Dear @ParrotWatcher:

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday watching our loved ones explode for whatever it was we did wrong, but we think youā€™re crazy to make us write a post telling you how dark we think we are when youā€™re the one who wants Sammy dead. You kill us as you want to kill us. In the cruelest terms with the most violent definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain[/Anaraā€™s voice]ā€¦and an athlete[/Chiā€™s voice]ā€¦and a basket case[Sammy/Ryu vocal overlay]ā€¦a princess[/Kayā€™s sigh]ā€¦and a criminal[/cut to MC breaking into army bases worldwide]ā€¦and an airplane[/Akira videobombs montage].

Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Dub.

[/spoiler]

6 Likes

Surely Lani would be the princess?

2 Likes

No.

ā€¦and discarded olive loaf[/Lani sobs]

5 Likes

Hey guys. Iā€™m afraid I havenā€™t been working much on Totem Force since the update (I have eight lines for Episode 12 :sweat_smile:). I did, however, write a couple of thousand words of prologue for what Iā€™m thinking of making my next game. Itā€™s pretty basic so far, and has neither choices nor an MC. Iā€™m also not intending to work much on it again until I finish this game, and so I havenā€™t made it its own thread. Itā€™s a sort of superhero story (a more classic one than Totem Force, although likely no less dark), and if youā€™d like to try it, please feel free: Power Force Academy (working title). If not, please feel free to get back to discussing just how dead Sammy is. :grin:

5 Likes

Neat little prologue. Already think weā€™re a bit full-up on the superhero games, but just because something isnā€™t revolutionary doesnā€™t mean itā€™s not good, and the prologue was good.

Iā€™m starting to wonder if Iā€™m in the wrong for accepting Sammyā€™s death so quickly. It just felt so quick and unavoidable that I didnā€™t put any further thought to it (though now Iā€™m learning that there actually was something I could have done. Didnā€™t feel like it at the time though). Then again, that could just be the Darkness 58 showing, though this is also the only game in which I play as a sociopath so I donā€™t want to think itā€™s entirely my fault that I canā€™t seem to care when someone bites the dust

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m hoping that the style Iā€™m going for will set it apart, to an extent.

Nooo! I need more sociopaths! Itā€™s just you and @Dark_Stalker (and @Sammysam, but I think theyā€™re just going for the Darkness high score), and I canā€™t have one of you actually developing a conscience! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does it have that quirky British/Scottish humor, much like all the (sadly unfinished) works of @FairyGodfeather?
If so that should set it apart as CoG is also fairly light on funny/parody games. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh donā€™t worry, I still plan reject the emotions train at every stop. At this point Iā€™m pretty sure Anara is the only one who can make my MC try to be a good person, and she doesnā€™t seem all that dedicated to the task.

1 Like

I dislike being called a sociopath, Iā€™d prefer morally free, thank you.

2 Likes