Totem Force [Released!]

Just got back to this demo after being gone for a while and I have to say it keeps getting better. Now I saw a few people mention the teams reaction could be more relieved when we come back from surviving the robot. I had Anara as a love interest and thought her reaction was really sweet especially since she is more held back with emotional things it seems. I think it would be interesting to get a scene at some point where the LI acts overprotective (as much as their character will allow) like keeping us from going somewhere alone. I do also like that we can chose what we want to do with our time and who we do it with. Also I was wondering, will there ever be a moment where LI has a talk with Kay (if she’s not the LI) about her feelings for us? It would be interesting to see the different characters react differently to facing a “Rival”.

Other than that keep up the good work :grin:

2 Likes

well @Lizzy, too bad her girlfriend didn’t allow her even to talk to me (i guess her girlfriend is still worried about her feeling for me). so i lost contact with her since highschool graduation (several years ago) :cry:

lol @idonotlikeusernames, it seems that is a problem irl even for straight people (considering how many people still a single)

err, which one again is Moreau’s story? (the problem with following too much WIP is that sometimes we forget which story and which Author someone mention :sweat_smile:).wow, i didn’t know that? i wonder how the author handle it in story, i imagine it will be a hard task to do for making a romance with three or four way relationship :astonished:

wow?! too much drama… i LOVE the idea! :blush: :heart_eyes: :yum:

2 Likes

In my opinion, the story works better that way, but it’s up to you.

I think Stephen Fry made the point very well when he wondered why cheating on one’s spouse was considered so much more acceptable than three (or more) people who consensually choose a polyamorous relationship.

Well, it’s gotta be either violet or black so I can give the other to Ryu.

That. :arrow_up:

Admittedly, that was after I’d made the suggested changes. :sweat_smile:

I don’t know; Kay is more the “I just want my beloved to be happy” sort, and wouldn’t make a move if you’re seeing someone else (except maybe Lani :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). But I’ll think about it.

2 Likes

But Ryu’s black… And I still have no option to be violet…

stares of into the distance

Well, he was supposed to be, but I had so many people nagging me for black that I changed it. (It’s still pretty dark violet.) It’s not actually been revealed in the story yet (I probably should do it soon, though…).

2 Likes

So I couldn’t wear the Royal Violet due to popular demand.

Such is the tyranny of the majority. I can never name my power ranger “Metatron” ever again.

Checks list of favorite angel names

Hmm… Do you think I should name him “Mikael”, “Michael”, or “Barachiel”?

this is why i love Kay-- well, not in a romantic way, coz i prefer her brother :sweat_smile: so PLEASE!! someone, give her your love as much as you can!! XD~ coz she deserves it!! :cry:NO!! i didn’t mean it for you Lani! back away from her!! :angry: (lmao)

Wait wait wait so you’re saying that I should let Sammy die? [blinks] I’m not sure how to process this…

You should romance Sammy play the game the way you want to, and let Sammy die or not according to the decisions you would have made without any prior knowledge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Well when I do I’m going to use your previous post as a shield against any labels of me being a man hater or unfair or any such nonsense “@ParrotWatcher told me it would be a better story!” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Random question #1: How many people can actually be in “The Team”? Not counting Akira and Ryu, whom are on my side but aren’t teammates, the best I’ve gotten is four. Me, Kay, Anara and Chi. I’m almost sure Lani is one of the rangers (yes I’m calling them that) but I haven’t pursued this guess in any of may playthroughs… yet.

Random question #2: Which is the better weapon: the bow or bare fists? Being able to smash enemies into pulp with my bare hands is awesome and all, but the bow has the honored position of being one of the first three weapons humanity has ever used, right up there with the spear and the club.

For No2: Neither. Double swords all the way, because being edgy is better than being efficient or useful.

3 Likes

Shadow the hedgehog picture, now I have seen everything :expressionless:.

At present? Only the four you have. There may be others in the future. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (And by future I mean dear God, I’ve only got two episodes left…)

As for your second question, I generally try to keep the weapons pretty much the same. Unfortunately, there was at least one instance where a ranged weapon could do something a nonranged weapon couldn’t, and I had to include the option to use it, because it would have been stupid not to. (You can throw a non-ranged weapon, but it has a chance of missing, which the bow and laser-gun do not, and you definitely can’t throw a fist.)

2 Likes

But @Jaxx, I dislike the spoilers, maybe many who play. Wouldn’t you pm to the author or add spoiler tag [spoiler ][/spoiler ] (You can delete spaces)?

Soooo what’s with the darkness score anyhow? I got Darkness = 4. That’s good, right?

It means you’d make the nuns at the Catholic schools proud… ya, my feelings too… obviously @ParrotWatcher needs to work on the scale a little.

1 Like

It’s a method of controlling how dark the story is, based on the actions of the player. While (realistically) this shouldn’t make that much of a difference, I made the assumption that people who play a darker, grittier, more ruthless and self-serving hero would get more enjoyment out of a darker story-line, with more character deaths and the like.

As far as “good” goes, I don’t think high or low is better. I am not intending to make high-darkness endings any worse than low-darkness ones… for the MC, at least. For you, trying desperately to murder Sammy, you may want a higher darkness (or just let him die in the dream)…

lol I am not trying to murder him! :stuck_out_tongue:

You tell that to his little sister. :angry:

“Miss Lizzy? Why did my big bwuvver have to go away and not come back?” :cry:

3 Likes