Totem Force (post-release thread)

Wait what age is the mc gonna be in this sequel anyway? :thinking:

1 Like

Probably going to be similar to the mc in the first game so somewhere in teens since it was stated earlier

1 Like

Yeah, probably about 15/16 again. :thinking:

1 Like

i know it will be a while before this game enters development but i am excited i remember you saying there wouldn’t be sequel

1 Like

hay parrotwatcher i know the sequel will not be in dev for a long time and i hope you wont get med at me me or annoyed at me for suggesting something but whar about a fairytale theme for the powers like thay chanel the powers of fairy tale characters like mystic force again i love your books and hope your not mad

1 Like

It’s okay; I do already have ideas for the characters’ powers though. But, again, it won’t be out for a while. (I have quite a few other games I’d like to work on first.)

5 Likes

ok im so sorry for botharing you i was wactching mystic force a wihile beck and thought this would be cool

1 Like

I think they should really make a series for Totem Force. And that’s a compliment.

2 Likes

So a slight speculation here. If there is a sequel i think Lani will be the pink rabbit ranger. I could be wrong, but thats a lot of pink.

2 Likes

I kinda hope that in the sequel, I get to control whether I can transform into a dragon again or not (maybe even a half-dragon form for smaller areas or for more maneuverability). Especially if I can control the size of the form if we’re gonna be fighting Kaijus and giant robots in the future like in Power Rangers. I mean, it would still be nice to have the option for whether you want everyone to focus on trying to transform into either a giant version of themselves or another giant form, working together to build a Megazord using their powers or having everyone building a Megazord while you will focus on transforming into a giant animal of whatever creature you picked as a power separately.

1 Like

Thanks for the interest (and yes, that does sound like Lani). Unfortunately, my plans for a sequel would not involve the original characters (except perhaps as cameos), and they are very much still just plans; I haven’t decided whether this is even what I’d want to write once The One Chosen’s finished.

3 Likes

Hmm, i would have preferred the original cast though because there are a lot things to explore in my opinion. Like Mirabelle’s romance is so late. I wish the sequel expanded on that. Another thing. I wish the world building was more detailed. Like WW3? I would like to know what happened to the governments. Which cities got vaporized? What the state of the world? It’s all unresolved.

2 Likes

Yeah great idea. The mc can summon a mech or dragon through imagination. And the others could hypothetically combine those mechs based on the Ultimator’s design because they have piloted it and have experience on that matter.

1 Like

I think you should keep the original cast. Like Tyrant_Evil said, there are a lot of stuffs to explore with them and they would be easier to think of plots and other kinds of contents for or with them as compared to creating a new batch of main casts in a similar situation. You could even do it where a short time skip happens where the main casts are young adults now with some still in the Power Ranger business and some trying to lead a “normal” life or as normal as it can get for them and others maybe trying to do something else. Some of their goals or fates in life could even change depending on what you did in the prequel and what you say or do in the sequel.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the majority of the ideas I have would actively require new characters. (And the new characters are actually the most well-developed ideas I have, so I don’t really want to dump them.)

Also, it really doesn’t help that there are a lot of different end states it’s possible to be in, and most characters (including the MC) are possibly dead. I don’t want to cut off or retcon everyone who didn’t get the “canon” ending, and I don’t think I could write a story which took all possible end states into account.

As things stand right now, the only way there will be a sequel (which itself isn’t guaranteed) is with a new set of characters, and I don’t see that ever changing.

The joke there is that you never find out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sure, it would be super important to someone living now, but to the teenage MC, it’s just boring history, and I have no intention of ever giving more than vague details in any potential sequel (even if it was about the original MC).

2 Likes

Hmm, yeah get the problem of multiple endings in that case well… so new characters. I hope they are more detailed in their personality and description. I would also like more customisation options.

1 Like

More customisation is definitely possible; what kinds of things were you thinking about?

1 Like

Would definitely like more classic hero suit options like Batman or spiderman also have a shield like captain america

1 Like

Like the MC with more customisation, the suits are fine. Definitely need more weapons and more superpowers. And like a mech or kaiju that we can summon based in the suits or superpowers. The ROs could do with more physical description and screen time.

2 Likes

Please god no. No. Shield is fine but no batman or spooderman. I absolutely hate them.