Totem Force [Released!]

Now why would you choose that over Battle Buddies Forever

4 Likes

Hey, Sammy doesn’t judge. :smile: Unless you leave him for Lani, that is. :thinking:

3 Likes

I understand if it’s a choice between having no control over how it looks or giving up on the giant robot/monster fight I’ll give up the giant fight

2 Likes

That’s what psychic links are for (technologically enhanced meets technophathy

Edit: remote control fine too
@ParrotWatcher you are the author you can just say you won’t include it because you don’t want it and no-one will judge you

2 Likes

Mostly it’s simply being cynical and not very polite to strangers as action-wise my does try to look out for the squad and generally keep everybody alive. He just has lousy bedside manners, so to speak.
Don’t have time this weekend, or the coming week but I can probably get in a replay next weekend and I’ll try to watch where my mc’s darkness score comes from specifically.

3 Likes

These are the stats I got
Darkness: 0
Will: 12
Empathy: 74
Intellect: 54

Tot: 50

Character status
Kay: 83 Alive
Sammy: 94 Alive
Chi: 57 Unknown
Anara: 73 Alive, on team
Ryu: 80 Alive
Akira: 76 Alive
Lani: 29 Alive
Phil: 70 Alive

2 Likes

Sammy has a Ben 10 obsession, which would make me his third choice, and dies anyway. I’m judging him.

2 Likes

I got some questions.

How do you win the tournament?

Can you romance Lani?

Can you save your dad?

2 Likes

a stat with 40 and one with 60

Yeah

nope

2 Likes

Or if Lani attack-kisses you :sob:

Huh, yeah, I’d be curious :thinking:
Is there also +darkness you’re getting for how you deal with your opponents, maybe? :thinking:

Whereas @ParrotWatcher has an obsession with a different Ben? :innocent:

Sorry, I’m apparently incorrigible :innocent: …

Oops :innocent:

2 Likes

@Dark_Stalker would Lani do this if dating her?

1 Like

Basically any of the brutal options or hurting them more than necessary and attacking your possessed friends. For monster… not really. They’re not people :blush: Like seriously even going out of your way to kill them, nothing.

Like I poked out Akira’s eyes, kicked people when they were down (more common early on), half the cast is dead because of me, used Anara’s papa as a human shield against her (and he died) then killed her, kept attacking a possessed Akira till he died, didn’t care about Ryu’s death, tortured that girl and broke a guy’s legs for Lani. Also generally killing those nameless mooks.

She pretty much gives the same threats if you are dating her…

2 Likes

Are you playing her glorified attack dog
Saying this because of this too

1 Like

That’s what I did on our date. Isn’t that normal?

1 Like

As normal as a wedding proposal in a slaughter or knowing someone else’s medical history without meeting them

I mean how else would you know if your friends are carriers for disease?

1 Like

Ask them if they do if they lie “experiment” on them and hope you get lucky

Okay you can thank the combination of my insomnia and the earliest half of my Sunday appointments having to cancel at the very last minute due to unforeseen circumstances.

So I did the (quick) replay now:

Please report these values to the author:

Darkness = 25. Will = 54. Empathy = 12. Intellect = 72.

Tot = 48.

Character status (please check to see that this makes sense with your story):
Kay (75): Alive.
Sammy (85): Alive.
Anara (64): Unknown.
Chi (70): Alive, on team.
Ryu: (74) Alive.
Akira (66): Alive.
Lani (48): Alive.
Phil (90): Alive.
Mirabelle (42): Unknown.

Slightly lower darkness compared to last time. Here’s the breakdown of my darkness score.

darkness

I think I still failed to spot some minor increases, but these are the ones I noticed

Chapter 1

Take the memory stick. darkness +1
Enough that they don’t come back. darkness +1

Chapter 2

Destroy the phone darkness +2

Chapter 3

No increase or decrease

Chapter 4

As quick as possible. darkness +1

Chapter 5

No increase or decrease

Chapter 6

“Look, just back off, you obnoxious frinking witch!” darkness +1

Chapter 7

Just drive straight on through. She’ll probably get out of the way. darkness +1
Have your revenge darkness +1

Tripping

Didn’t notice anything, but then I skimmed this one. most of the ones I didn’t notice are probably in here somewhere

Chapter 9

You have to get your revenge darkness +1

You just wish you could have been looking him in the eyes as you killed him. darkness +2

No. You need this power. You need your revenge. darkness +1

Chapter 10

tell them to get the frink off your road. darkness +1

You have to make him pay. darkness +1

Chapter 11

…will kill them. darkness +1

Knock her out. darkness +1

You’re not going to rule out anything more persuasive. darkness +1

His minions had uranium bullets in their guns, right? Get one, and shoot him. darkness +2

Spare him. This ‘information’ could prove useful. darkness +2

Chapter 12

no increase or decrease noticed.

1 Like

I’m not sure I see your logic here… :confused:

Lani laughs, and then composes herself. “Oh, Greaty, I’m so sorry. Was it uranium you were allergic to?” :innocent:

I guess it really does add up, doesn’t it? :thinking: That said, since most testers have (considerably) under 25, I’m still probably going to keep that as the threshold between medium and high.

1 Like

It does, though there are some parts I don’t really understand why they would be considered particularly dark and a very few I consider to not be dark enough.

darkness dissected

Take the memory stick. darkness +1 In this case my mc is already breaking and entering, petty theft is not exactly particularly aggravating here.

Enough that they don’t come back. darkness +1 This one is a bit more borderline, but my mc’s line of reasoning is that this approach will be better for everybody in the long run, after all every time they do come back to fight him they risk more grievous bodily harm, if they stay away after one fight, or better yet don’t fight him at all cause of his reputation there is virtually no risk to their health at all.

Destroy the phone darkness +2 Karma-wise that kid is always filming others without their consent, which isn’t a particularly decent and upstanding thing to do either, though I realize that even in this Youtube vlogging and cctv age that line is rapidly blurring and it is presumably entirely gone in the future of the game. Still the +2 darkness is a bit excessive for destroying what is essentially the camera of somebody constantly taping you without your consent. It still isn’t nice exactly and, yes, we could just delete the video, but this sends the more potent message. Which in my mc’s case is “don’t film the crazy cat without his permission!”. In light of the alternatives here I would consider this one more of a darkness +1 action.

As quick as possible. darkness +1 Playing fast and loose with the rules of the road is dangerous, no question about it, unfortunately it is also well-within the usual boundaries of risky teenage behaviours and our mc in this case has a better excuse then most affluent teens who race their vehicles on public roads purely and solely for kicks. Still the slight increase in darkness is probably fair and most real teens aren’t saints by any means (particularly if they’re also cute guys).

“Look, just back off, you obnoxious frinking witch!” darkness +1 Lani had it coming for saddling the mc with a party they didn’t want while making them pay for it too and not everybody, certainly not every teenager is a natural “zen” diplomat, is all I’m saying about this one.

Just drive straight on through. She’ll probably get out of the way. darkness +1 This one probably deserves darkness +2 as this one is willfully dangerous and indicative of my mc’s mindset of valuing friends and family over the well-being of strangers.

Have your revenge darkness +1 A natural reaction considering the circumstances

You have to get your revenge darkness +1 Same as the last one, particularly as the reality starts to sink in. I also have to note that just like with many, perhaps even most people my mc’s inner thoughts are much more harsh then the factual actions he takes to further that goal.

You just wish you could have been looking him in the eyes as you killed him. darkness +2 Again, this is at worst an “evil” thought with no actual consequences whatsoever, except to indicate the mc’s emotional distress and angst.

No. You need this power. You need your revenge. darkness +1 Fair enough, this is one of the classical anti-hero or even anti/light villain motivations, it is also an understandable reaction for an emotionally distraught teen in this case where we have not yet had any opportunity to properly grieve.

tell them to get the frink off your road. darkness +1 Not particularly nice or polite, but then the army did just destroy our home and murder our family and this is more venting and threatening than anything of consequence.

You have to make him pay. darkness +1 “Make him pay” is rather vague, but fair enough, though it is again more thought then action.

…will kill them. darkness +1 Yes, this one is explicit and might even warrant a +2

Knock her out. darkness +1 We are penalized for taking the most expedient course of action here.

You’re not going to rule out anything more persuasive. darkness +1 Fair enough, despite what 24 would have us believe torture isn’t very nice, though this is still more of a thought then an action, considering the “torture” my mc opts for in the end is hilariously “bad” music.

His minions had uranium bullets in their guns, right? Get one, and shoot him. darkness +2 I think this one is unwarranted as this is the most logical action that exposes the teammates my mc is supposed to look out for as the team leader to the minimum amount of risk and expends the least amount of resources, which is simply good situational tactics and a good strategy to follow in general. Again I think the +2 is a bit excessive here as these thugs were clearly prepared to use lethal force and would have executed us and our team if they could with those bullets right then and there.

Spare him. This ‘information’ could prove useful. darkness +2 Well excuse my mc for not liking the guy who would have executed him. I think what is important here is the willingness to spare him in the first place, less so the justification we use on ourselves for it. So I do think the +2 is excessive here as this seems to warrant at most a +1.

Seems most testers have been infected by @TSSL’s impossibly optimistic and cheerful outlook here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like